PART THIRTY SIX

When we told everyone that we were engaged and we both proposed they snickered but were happy for us.  At the house Zak was still taking it easy since his ribs were still a bit sore.  Outside he was in the pool with Iris in a little swimmy thing which she loved because she couldn't stop laughing.  "I think she's having so much fun in the water she may become a mermaid" I stated joking.  "So how's the wedding plans?". 

"With both of our mothers giving ideas I'm confused" I replied as Zak got out of the pool with Iris.  "We've been engaged for six weeks now and they're still running this I've got a better idea let's elope" Zak suggested.  "Where do you want to elope to?" I asked as he dried off.  "How about Hawaii I always wanted to go there" Zak replied.  "All right but we'll tell our mothers when we're in the air". 

"All right let's get packing before they come over with flower arrangements" Zak suggested.  At the house the mothers came over with ideas but nobody answered the door. "Do you think they went out".  Just than my mom's phone and saw it was me.  "Hello".  "Hey mom we wanted to tell you that Zak and I are eloping" I replied.  "To where?" she asked as she put it on speaker so Nancy could hear it.  Zak took the phone. 

"We're not telling for fear you're getting on a plane to stop us.  Look we'll put together a great wedding but for now we want to get married on our own terms " and Zak hung up the phone.  "Our mothers are going to be pissed when we come back"I remarked.  "I don't give flying nut about it.  This is something we want" Zak stated as I put my head on Zak's shoulder.