PART SEVEN

My father came back with two waters which Zak thanked him.  "So Zak how did you meet my daughter?".  "I met her in Las Vegas we shared some drinks together drowning our sorrows after our relationships crumbled"Zak replied.  "Sin City have you lived there all your life".  "No I was born in Washington DC than moved to Michigan with my dad when I got older" Zak replied. 

"What do you do for a living?".  "I'm a paranormal investigator and a documentary film maker" Zak remarked.  "Really if you married my daughter are you going to make my daughter earned the money".  "Sir I make very good money and I wouldn't do that to a woman my parents raised me right"Zak replied.  "How long have you been dating my daughter Zak". 

"Oh Mitchell stop grilling the boy"my mother said as she sat down.  "Mom dad there's something I think you need to know,"I stated feeling like I'm about to throw up.  Zak held my hand and I took a deep breath.  "I'm pregnant and Zak's the father".  "So when's the wedding or did you go down to the justice of the peace all ready" my mother asked.  "I don't want to marry LeAnn just because she's carrying my child.  I swear I'll help her in any way I can" Zak replied. 

My father looked ready to choke Zak.  "No daughter of mine will have a baby out of wedlock" he stated  "I'm sorry dad but my mind is made up I'm keeping this child"I replied. "Noway you're keeping that child when that baby is born it's going up for adoption!!" my father yelled.  "Wait a minute this child isn't going up for adoption you may not be happy but I dam sure won't let my child be taking away!!!," Zak replied standing up to my father.

I swear Zak look like he was possessed by the devil when he said those words to my father.  "Come on LeAnn we're leaving".   "LeAnn if you keep that child don't you ever come into this house again"My father ordered. I said nothing as we left.  When we got to the car I started to cry but Zak hugged me telling me everything would be all right.  "Thanks Zak for standing up to my parents I swear you looked like you were possessed by the devil"I stated.  "When he started to threated you and our child I just felt this feeling that someone else was talking for us but using me as the speaker" Zak stated.

"So you were possessed".  "Maybe but it didn't feel like a possession"Zak replied.  "Well why don't we go get something to eat I'm starving I know a great burger joint and their fries are to die for"I remarked. 

"All right" and we left.  After we eat I took Zak to a park that you could see the moon.  "This is so peaceful" Zak stated as we sat on a bench.  "Whenever I needed to clear my head I'd come here" I said as I put my head on Zak's shoulder.  Zak put his hand on my belly and smiled at me. 

"I know that your parents will probably try to pressure you to give up our child so why don't you come and live in Las Vegas" he offered.  "Are you doing this because of what's growing inside of me?" I inquired.  "It might make it a little easier on us and I want you to meet my family and the people that I consider my brothers"Zak said.  "All right it's a deal I'll come to Vegas" as I smiled.