PART FIFTEEN

A few months passed and Zak slipped into a deep depression knowing Iris would be coming into this world and he wouldn't be there to see his daughter be born. Almost like a calling a piece of paper flew into Zak's yard he picked it up and saw it was the obituary of my grandmother and she would be buried tomorrow.  Zak knew it was the only way to apologize and explain what happened.  At my grandmother's house I was looking at her stuff as I felt little Iris moving around. 

"I wish you were here to see her come into this world but naming her after you is great reminder of you even thou mom wants to change her middle name to Danielle but thou Zak doesn't want to be apart of this child's life I want apart of his family with her"I stated.  Then I heard a door close I turned around and on my grandmother's bed is the teddy bear Zak had giving me for Iris.  I wonder where it came from when I saw a note inside its hands.  I took it out and sat down it read:

LEANN 

I'M SO SO SO SORRY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED THE DAY YOU LEFT I TRIED MY BEST TO KEEP YOU SAFE AND NOT TO BRING MY WORK HOME WITH ME BUT UNFORTUNATLY I BROUGHT  HOME SOMETHING: A NEGATIVE ATTACHMENT WHICH MADE ME SAY THOSE THINGS TO YOU WHICH I REGRET SAYING.  AS I TRIED TO GET RID OF THAT ATTACHMENT THE ONLY THING I THOUGHT ABOUT IS YOU AND OUR CHILD.  I'VE BEEN IN SUCH A DEPRESSIVE STATE THAT NOT EVEN A LOCK DOWN AT A PLACE I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO INVESTIGATE WOULDN'T HELP.  PLEASE LEANN FORGIVE ME I WANT SEE OUR DAUGHTER COME INTO THIS WORLD AND BE THERE TO HELP YOU RAISE IRIS. 

ZAK.

As I read the note again and again I could really feel the pain Zak was in when he wrote it I swear there were tear drop stains on the paper.  Go to him .  I looked around swearing I heard my grandmother's voice  At the funeral as we listened to the priest I felt someone was there that I didn't expect I turned a little and saw Zak sitting in the very back row just watching.  I don't know what it was but I could feel my grandmother telling me to talk to Zak. 

After everyone had left I saw Zak was still there.  "Honey let's go you need to rest"my mother said.  "Hold on mom" and walked over to him.  "Hey" as Zak moved over. "Did you read my note?".  "Yeah and I understand why you said those thing now but it made me feel like I read you wrong" I stated.  "Everything before that fricken attachment happened I meant it I want to be a father to Iris if I have to I'll retire and let Aaron run the crew just to make sure that never happens again" Zak swear as he put this hand on my big belly feeling Iris moving around. 

"What is he doing here trying to get my daughter to sign something"my father stated in a huff.  "I'm here to apologize to Leann and stay here until Iris is born and if she wants to I'll bring her and Iris back with me" Zak explained.  "You all ready broke my daughter's heart, there is no way my daughter is raising this child alone.  I've all ready have a family to adopt the baby when its born" my father replied which shocked everyone including me since I was the one having the child. 

"You never told me this I thought we were going to help her raise the baby"my mother stated.  "Are you crazy we'll be the laughing stock of the town.  Our daughter getting knocked up by a guy who chases ghosts".  As my parents argued Zak looked down at my feet.  "Excuse me we've got a more pressing issue right now"Zak interupted.  There in between my legs was a puddle.  "My water broke" I said as Zak helped me up.  "Come on let's get you to the hospital before the baby is born here and has her baptism at the same time" Zak joked.