THE MASQUERADE (1)

You weren't really actually the type of person who likes to go to a party, whatever kind it is cause it was draining you too much. Talk to this person and talk to that, there are so much interaction that is happening that you just want to stay behind and do stuffs you like.

"What's with that look? I didn't force you to come." DG ask while he leaned on the car seat, staring at you who was making cute faces since earlier.

"Well, you keep telling me about the different cuisine that they'll prepare and you keep bragging about how delicious they are. How can I not come after all those talking??" You replied while narrowing your eyes on him. The guy just smiled cause he definitely did that so you could come with him at the place. He didn't really need a secretary or a bodyguard with him but he just wanted you to be with him at all kinds of events cause you make the things he hate a little bit better.

"It will be worth it, trust me." He patted your head like a little kid making you think that he treats you more like something else rather than a person who works under him. This past few months, you obviously notice that he doesn't seem to be the type of guy who is in need of a bodyguard nor a secretary, he's just being lazy for a reason.

"Boss, our contract is almost ending. Don't get too attached or you'll miss me." You suddenly told him making the guy silent for a few minutes.You actually didn't remember your talk with Gun but when you signed some contract with DG, you notice that your work duration with him is just a year and the second contract last till he gets used to the work.

"Oh that contract? It's already done but I hired you as my assistant which is no longer part of the deal..."

"Come again??"

"You silly child, ever since you took that offer. You no longer needed to worry about the contract since I hired you in a different position myself."

"What??"

"The deal that Gun gave you is already done but since you accepted my job offer, you are no longer bound with the contract..." He then slid his hand on your waist and pulled you close to him, he was eyeing you like he finally trapped you in his life. "You are stuck with me." He grinned making you sweat.

"Well, if that's the case. I can just quit."

"Easy to say but Gun gave me a pretty good information about you."

"Hmm??"

"I know your Secret."

You look at him with one brow raised. You didn't know if he really knew the fact that you are part of the wolf bite or maybe he knew some other secret so you didn't show much concern. It seems like the guy had already planned to keep you by his side much longer than you anticipated but you clearly knew that he doesn't really needed you at work.

Now, you are starting to think that the guy needed something else from you, not your work but something more that you couldn't think of...

"People have a lot of Secret, DG. I have no idea what you are talking about." You calmly replied and didn't even dare to look away from him. Showing him that you aren't easily threatened by his words which made the guy grin at that overwhelming bravery and confidence of yours.

"Woman with confidence really hits different." He mumbled to himself as he stares at your beautiful face that seems to allure every single time he sees you.

"It doesn't seem like you really needed me but why? Why do you want to keep me?" You ask him.

"Keep you? Even though I don't need you?" He repeated then let out a laugh leaving you a bit confused at his actions.