The 12

Naruto appeared in front of the Hokage with a simple bow. "Reporting from the mission." Naruto said while he bowed.

"What did you find." Naruto nodded as he started explaining. "When I got to the former lair. I found notes that wrote about his goals. The place was also inhabited by Orochimaru by a long time just by looking at the notes. Most were written a few decades ago." Tsunade nodded to the vague response.

"And where is these notes and items from the lair?" Asked Tsunade.

"I may or may not have burnt all of them." Naruto simply said with a nervous laugh. "And why is that?" Tsunade had a tick mark on her forehead.

"Why not? But as I was making my way out; there were Oto-nins waiting from the outside. It seems like there was some important things there that they needed." Naruto responded to the question.

"We could have gotten information on the whereabouts of that damn snake! You should've collected more information before you burnt the notes and everything else with it to a crisp." Naruto nodded.

"Will do..." Naruto simply said as he disappeared away.

~~~

Will not! Naruto thought as he giggled. He sat on a tree that was alone from man other trees. It was quite unique. He was in regular clothes.

I'll just fall asleep right here. Naruto thought as he saw the sun rise. He had gotten to the village during 5 in the morning. And Naruto could use some sleep.

His eyes started to slowly go down.

Soon enough, Naruto found himself in his mindscape once again. "Gahhh! I'm here again!" Narito said as he looked around the sewer.

"Why did you do it." It wasn't a question — it was a demand. Naruto squinted his eyes as he looked at the fox.

"Can't you see what I'm usually thinking?" Naruto asked in confusion. "The last time I tried doing that, all you thought about was ramen." Naruto grinned from the Kyuubi's response.

"You... lied to her."

"Umm... I don't know what you're talking." Naruto continued his usual grin.

"You know what I mean." The Kyuubi said as piercing eyes looked at Naruto's. He just sighed with defeat. "So what if I lied to her?" Naruto asked.

"You're working with this stupid village. Or you not?"

"Of course... I am. But even if I'm working with this village, it doesn't i'll always do what they want. Like what I did on the mission." Naruto told the Kyuubi.

"You're a dumbass."

"Some may agree with statement. But some disagree. The Hokage and other officials will figure it sooner or later. But it doesn't matter to me." Naruto said as he slowly disappeared.

"You arrogant piece of sh-." The Kyuubi was cut off as Naruto fully disappeared from the mindscape. Naruto appeared back in the real world. He looked forward and saw that it was already early morning.

Should be around 8 or 9 A.M. Naruto thought as he rubbed his eyes. He stretched out his arms and back.

"You're a pretty heavy sleeper." Naruto raised an eyebrow as he looked down from the thick tree branch that he was sleeping on.

Oh... It's Shikamaru. Naruto thought as he leaned back on the tree. "What are you doing here?" Naruto asked. "While I could say the same thing to you, it would be too troublesome. I'm here to watch the clouds." Shikamaru responded.