Clash of Titans

Arc: Against a God... (3)

~~~

I'll only be able to keep this up for a short amount of time. Naruto thought as he swiftly dodged a punch from Enryu. He widened his eyes as he felt the shockwave from the punch swoosh around him.

It'll go two ways. If my rage dies down — or I get consumed by the rage. Naruto was in the between. He could tip over at any moment and disrupt the power he was wielding.

I see... it. Naruto thought as he used the katana and threw it towards Enryu. The chakra-infused blade was suddenly blocked. "I won't lose to a person like yourself." Enryu told Naruto.

"Think again!" Naruto yelled. Enryu suddenly smelled a small scent of smoke. He widened his eyes as an explosion appeared before him. A cloud of smoke covered the area.

As Naruto waited and waited, the smoke cleared.

He's not there! Naruto thought. He felt a rush of wind behind him. Naruto tried moving away, but was caught by a punch to his susano'o. He got thrown back.

The hell! Naruto thought as he regained his footing. He looked back up and saw Enryu; he was now bare-chested due to the paper-bomb that Naruto pulled.

Naruto gritted his teeth as a small crater formed on the ground from both Naruto's and Enryu's power. He ran towards Enryu as he created a clone. The said clone launched Naruto towards Enryu.

With Naruto's current state, he should he able to at least pierce Enryu's skin. Just before Naruto was about to hit, he puffed into a cloud of smoke.

"I knew it" Enryu simply said before turning back around and throwing a punch to... nothing?

Enryu widened his eyes. He didn't do it? Where is he then? A flash of light appeared behind Enryu. He widened his eyes even more as he got smashed to ground with a spiraling blue orb.

"Rasengan"

Naruto jumped back. "You're a smart man, Enryu. But when it comes to tactical planning; I always win." Enryu stood back up. His back had been bruised badly from just one rasengan.

"Such humiliation... doesn't suit the likes of myself." Enryu said as turned towards Naruto. "They suit the people that grovel towards me." Naruto scowled.

"No one is groveling to someone that is currently groveling to me." Naruto said as they launched towards each other. Their fist outstretched and collided with one another.

In an instance like this.

The faster person will win! Both thought as Naruto moved towards with a kick. Enryu shifted to use his other fist. In a matter of seconds... they were pushed back.

My susano'o... it's in bad shape. A crack formed from Naruto left side.

If I keep mu susano'o on, it'll most likely serve as a double edged sword. It's best if I only use it for quick instances like before. Naruto thought as he deactivated his susano'o.

He had to he much more careful. Naruto was only able to reduce so much amount of damage due to the susano'o. His rage didn't waver for even a second. Naruto soon saw Enryu dash towards him with quick speeds. Je saw Enryu outstretched his hand with lots of force.

Naruto jumped into the air and avoided the punch as quickly as possible. Once again, Naruto reacted and tilted his body would be 100% horizontal.

And as expected, Enryu tried using his strong hands to pull Naruto down to the ground. But due to Naruto's current position, his hands were too short in length to reach him.