13 to 18

Arc: A Bond Thicker than Bone... (2)

~~~

Naruto stood as looked at the calendar. His eyes gazed at the current day.

October 9. . . one more day until the magical number. He wasn't sad per se. He was just. . . himself. Naruto slurped up his ramen noodles as he kept on gazing at the number.

"Whatcha looking at?" Sasuki asked as she walked up beside him. She was almost a head short than Naruto. Sasuki was quite interested on what Naruto was looking at.

"Oh. . . what are you planning for your birthday?" Asked Sasuki. Naruto just shook his head at the question that she asked. "I'm not celebrating my birthday. I never do." Naruto said as he walked back towards the usual couch.

Sasuki just shook her head as she eyed Naruto. She turned her gaze back to the calendar and eyed the date. Naruto's birthday was just one day away from now.

Sasuki's eyes turned towards back to Naruto as he quietly ate his cup ramen noodles.

"Naruto," She called out towards him. Naruto looked up and raised an eyebrow as he looked at Sasuki. "What?" Naruto asked as he slurped down the last of his noodles.

"I think. . . that someone like you should be happy for once on their birthday." Naruto just shook his head as he had a small but sad smile on his face. "I guess so. But it doesn't the fact that I won't be celebrating my birthday." Naruto responded as he threw his ramen cup garbage to the trashcan from the couch.

'"You could've spilled that." Naruto just lightly smiled at her. She glared at him.

"You know. . . You're surprisingly adorable when you're angry." Naruto told her with a cheeky smile. She was taken aback by this and became flustered.

"So you're a flirt now. Huh?" Naruto just raised an eyebrow at that. "No. Just being truthful, idiot." Naruto disappeared in a swirl of leaves and away from the room.

~~~

Naruto gave a thumbs up to Jun and Reisha as he saw the two finally complete the tree climbing exercise. They were getting stronger quite nicely. Naruto saw his clone teach Runa her stance.

"Remember, it's about muscle memory. Don't fall into a habit of accidentally using the academy stance instead of the current stance that you're being taught currently." Naruto's clone told Runa.

"Got it, Clone-sensei." Runa told his clone. He waited for a couple of moments before calling for them all. "Come here everyone!" Naruto yelled for them to come to him.

"Coming, sensei!" They yelled as the 3 came strutting towards him. Once the 3 finally got to him, they stopped. "Wassup, Sensei!" Jun grinned as they were right in front of him.

"Ok. Now that you 3 are done with the tree climbing exercise; it's time for the next one." Naruto explained to them. Jun just groaned as he heard this. "But, come on! We already did the tree climbing exercise." Naruto just sighed.

"This next one will further you as a ninja. It will also assist you during battle just as much as the tree walking exercise. Now, follow me." Naruto told Jun. This stopped his complaints with a sigh and followed Naruto.