Eyes That Reflect the Heart

Arc: Sight... (2)

~~~

"The two of us... are different yet so similar. It's quite hard to explain." Sasuki said as she looked down on the ground.

"I think I get what you mean. But I am not exactly sure if it's the correct answer." Sakura said as she sat right next to Sasuki with her white coat.

"I guess...a way to explain it.... is to say: It just feels good to know that there is someone that knows the same pain as you — pain of knowing utter loneliness." She said as simply as possible.

"Time has changed a lot in just 4 years. It amazes me." Sakura said. Sasuki nodded at that. Sakura looked at the clock that was hung on the wall in front of them.

"It's almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Naruto should be able to go in an hour or so. But don't let him take off those bandages for a few hours. The eyes need to get adjusted first." Sasuki nodded.

Sakura left to do her next activity.

Sasuki continued to sit.

~~~

"Can I take it off now?" Naruto asked Sasuki. She just grumbled in annoyance.

"No. Sakura specifically said to not take them off for a few hours." Naruto just sighed as he got guided home. It felt weird — not seeing he means.

"You know... you don't have to keep on holding me. I can sense people." Naruto told her. She just raised an eyebrow towards Naruto. "It doesn't matter. You'll probably run into someone even if you can sense them." She said with a smirk.

"I feel wounded. How can you belittle someone — who is better than you." Naruto said with a very innocent grin.

"Shut up. Once I create a contract with the blade... you're going down." Sasuki fired back. Naruto just yawned at her. "Yeah, yeah. We get it. You'll be much stronger than before." Naruto said.

You'll be even stronger than me if I don't improve. Naruto thought as they continued walking. Once they made it home, Sasuki ordered Naruto to lay down.

"Can't I eat first?" Naruto asked innocently.

"No" She simply replied to his question. "What?! Why?!" Naruto yelled with his mouth gaping open. "What? You can feed yourself?" She asked him.

"N-no! You're practically my caregiver. You gotta give me something! I haven't ate anything since..." Naruto pondered for a few seconds.

"Ahhh! I haven't eaten anything since before I got these the jar that contained these eyes! Gahhh!" Naruto laid down on the couch in defeat. "Just sleep for a few hours. Your eyes should be adjusted to your body by then." Sasuki just shook her head as she went to her room.

Sleep? Once I sleep — I won't be waking up until hours later! Naruto shook his head to himself. He soon ran out of energy and fell asleep due to his overuse of energy that he displayed.

~~~

"Reporting: We're almost there." Two people with an Iwa forehead proctor ran. They both had their village's signature brown flak jacket. They were both jonin-leveled ninjas of their village.