ART 68

GET A MAN LIKE HIM

It's our vacant time when I looked at Ryde. I went near to him and he's busy sketching his girlfriend's face again.

"Siya na naman ang idino-drawing mo. Hindi ka ba nagsasawa?" I said to him but he just smiled.

"Hindi naman siya nakakasawa."

I was busy scrolling when a post caught my attention. Ryde changed his profile picture. It was him and his girlfriend together. Hindi talaga sila bagay.

Saglit ko siyang sinulyapan and I caught him looking at her girlfriend.

"Alam mo hindi kayo bagay. Ang dami namang maganda diyan bakit siya pa?" Tanong ko sa kaniya.

"No one has the right to say na hindi kami bagay. And besides, she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Hindi ko alam kung maiinis ako sa kaniya dahil sa tuwing tinanong ko siya ay puro magagandang bagay lamang ang nakikita niya sa girlfriend niya. Hindi niya ba nakikita ang nakikita ko? ng iba?

His girlfriend have pimples on her face. She has a dark complexion of skin. Not a honor student like Ryde and she dresses like she's not a girl. Walang sense of fashion.

Today is one of the most especial days for everyone. Marami ang naghanda at nagpaganda ngayon. It's our Grand ball night. Everybody looks very happy and excited.

I don't know what should I react when I saw Ryde, walking towards his girlfriend. He really looks so handsome with his tuxedo unlike his girlfriend who's wearing a simple dress. Sabi na eh, hindi talaga bagay. But despite of it, I can clearly see his smile. It's very genuine and I can see that he's deeply inlove.

Hindi ko maiwasang malungkot. What's wrong with him? Bulag ba siya at hindi niya makita ang mga mali sa girlfriend niya?

"I told you, hindi talaga kayo bagay. Look at you and her, kahit ang mga suot niyo ay hindi tugma," i uttered but what he did made me shock. He removed his jacket and put it to her.

"Kahit ano pang isuot mo babagay ka pa rin sa 'kin. No matter how many people questions why I chose you, I will not get tired of answering them that I am deeply inlove with this beautiful girl infront of me."

My tears started to fall as he hugged me.

"I have lots of insecurities as well as pimples, scars and dark color of skin but why? Napakadaming babae naman sa school na mas better at bagay sa 'yo. Ang daming panget sa akin Ryde pero bakit minamahal mo pa din ako?"

He smiled and kissed me on my forehead that melted my heart.

"No'ng oras na sinagot mo ako, I already accepted the whole you. I learned to love every part of you even your flaws and imperfections. Alam mo ba kung anong ikinaiba mo sa kanila? You got my heart. You got me. The way you smile. The way you laugh. Everytime you're being childish. I love all of that. The moment you captured my heart, it's the day I embraced your pimples, scars and skin color. You're the most beautiful girl for me. So please, stop insulting yourself. Stop insulting my girlfriend."

Yes, I am his girlfriend. Kahit paulit-ulit kong ipaalala sa kaniya ang mga bagay na panget sa akin, paulit-ulit niya pa din akong minamahal. And I am so happy to have this kind of man who loves me more than I love myself.

I am one of those lucky women who have a boyfriend na may ganitong mindset. You should get a man like him.