ART 104

HE FELL IN LOVE WITH HIS CO-PLAYER IN MOBILE LEGEND

Red has been my admirer since highschool. He courted me eventhough I rejected him many times. He was the only person who never get tired of pursuing me.

Actually, he was different from other boys. He's an introvert person. That's why, I feel comfortable when he's around. I also couldn't imagine that I will catch his attention where in fact, he's not used to socialize.

We're 2nd year college when I said yes to him. He was so happy. He's my first boyfriend. I don't have any problems with him because he's a man of words. When he promised, he will do it. He didn't change from the day he started courting me and up to now. He's consistent.

"Saglit lang 'to, babe. Tatapusin ko lang 'to," he said while still looking at his phone, busy playing online game.

"Kanina ka pa d'yan eh. Kumain ka kaya muna," I replied, getting annoyed by him. He is always busy playing Mobile Legend to the point he almost forgot to eat.

"Rank 'to, babe. Patapos na talaga 'to." I just gave him a glare eventhough he wouldn't see me because his attention was on his phone.

To be honest, I tried to play that online game so we will be able to play together but his temper was just really short. He always get mad at me then walk out whenever I'm asking him to teach me. So I just chose not to learn playing it, maybe it really wasn't for me.

But I understand why he's acting like that. It's part of his personality. I love him very much so I keep on reminding myself that I have to understand him. He only have me.

"Come on, Red. Please answer your phone," I whispered, holding back my tears. My mind was so fucked up that I couldn't think straight. My parents decided to separate and the only person I need is him. I need him beside me.

But he didn't replied to my messages. He didn't answer my calls. He ignored me because of that fucking Mobile Legend.

"I'm sorry, babe. Hindi ko napansin agad. On game ako, eh. I love you." He hugged me.

Just one sorry then everything is settled, again. When it comes to him, I'm so fragile. I'm just so inlove that I can't even resist him.

"It's okay. I love you too. Don't mind me, I'm alright," I uttered and smiled at him.

But as time goes by, I noticed his changes. He wasn't the Red I've met before. He's slowly changing. When I need him, he always wasn't there for me so I ended up keeping it to myself. He doesn't have time for me, anymore. I can't say all my rants about him. I don't want him to think that I'm demanding. I rather secretly hurting myself than seeing him getting hurt.

I don't want him feel that there's wrong with him. That he's not worth to keep.

I decided to visit him, one time. I can't reach for him so I came up with the decision of surprising him.

I already spotted him at their terrace. I smiled widely while slowly walking towards him without making any noise. I just stopped when I noticed that he was talking to someone over the phone.

My heart aches. My man was laughing like how he laughed when he's with me before. They're using the terms that I often heard from Red when he's playing Mobile Legend.

"Sige, Love. Invite mo ako, ah. Mag-oopen na po ako...sure...I love you too."

I cover my mouth to avoid making a sound. My tears fall after hearing those words.

With my trembling hands, I get my phone inside my bag. I chatted him. My heart shattered when my two eyes witnessed how he ignored my message. It hurts.

I took a deep breath and did the thing that he hated the most. I call him while he's on play.

"Tang-ina, epal! Sabing huwag tatawag!"

"Putang-ina mo talaga!"

"Baby, ba't ka nagmumura?" someone said. The voice came from his phone.

My knees became weak. He never said those words to me. He even didn't raise his voice at me. But now...he's cursing at me. My man cursed at me.

I slowly turned my back at him. My tears keep on streaming down my face as I read his message.

'Huwag kana muna tumawag'

I gathered all my strenght to make a reply even it was so hard for me.

'Don't worry. I won't call you anymore. I'm breaking up with you, Red. You made our special day memorable for me. Happy monthsary, babe. I'm sorry.'

After I sent that, he also said the words that break me more into pieces.

"Wala, may bobong tumawag kasi," he replied to his co-player.

It was too late for me to realize that Mobile Legend changed him. What hurt me the most is he found someone there.

He is really a gamer.

My man fell in love with his co-player. I winced at the idea that he wants a girl who knows how to play Mobile Legend. Not a person like me, who only knows how to embrace his imperfections and mistakes because I was blinded by my love for him.