ART 118

I CHOOSE YOUR SUCCESS OVER MY HAPPINESS

"I told you, Rea. Magagalit ang asawa ko kapag nalaman niyang lumabas ako ng bahay," I nervously said to my bestfriend who keeps on pulling me inside the concert area.

I tried to cover my face so no one will notice me. I don't want my husband to know this. He didn't know that I went outside since I just escaped.

"Come on, Alli. Bakit ba nagpapakamartir ka sa gago mong asawa na wala nang ginawa kun'di ikulong ka. You're a princess not a pet so please wake up," she hissed at me. I understand where her anger came from.

As we reached our seats, a poster got my attention. My heart started to beat at its tremendous speed. What a coincidence. I didn't know that I would be able to see him again.

"Do you miss him?" I slowly looked at the person beside me.

My tears began to form at the edge of my eyes.

"The word miss isn't enough to describe how much I longed for his presence," I whispered while holding back my tears.

She caressed my back then I gave her a small smile but It immediately vanished as the lights turned off and the man who I saw in the poster showed up making the crowed go wild.

I can't help but to smile widely and get emotional. My man grew up well. As he started singing, It makes me reminisce our memories together.

The Ryan who sings infront of me with his genuine smile.

The Ryan who tells corny joke to make me laugh.

The Ryan who once dreamt to be a successful singer and actor with me beside him.

My heart couldn't absorb that today it is happening again. It's just that, he's doing it not only for me anymore. He's doing it for his supporters.

His eyes roamed at the crowed until our eyes met. I suddenly froze at the moment but later on avoid his gaze. My knees got weak. His stares still melted me.

"Ang huling kantang ito ay para sa taong minahal ko ng sobra bago ako makarating sa kinaroroonan ko ngayon. I'm very happy to meet you again. Now, I already have the reasons to move forward. Thank you for being here and sorry for not being enough to make you stay," he bitterly said that makes the audiences say "awwwww". I could sense the sadness in his voice.

I didn't notice that my tears keep on streaming down my face. I want him to know everything but I don't want to ruin him and everything he have now.

Rea didn't let the concert be done because she dragged me outside. She hugged me tight as we reached her car.

"I miss him so much, Rea. I want to hug and kiss him. I want to claim him as mine. I want to stop him from moving on. But I don't want him to lose everything he have now." I cried more.

"You've done enough. I'm so proud of you. Make your decision worth it," she said that breaks me.

My phone suddenly rang and my husband's name flashed on my screen. My hands are trembling while reading his message. He is very mad. I am now very sure he knew that I'm there because he's the one who brought Ryan to where he is now and in exchange of it, I will marry him like what our parents were agreed about.

Yes, I chose his career over my own freedom and happiness. Sadly, while he's  reaching his dreams, it also makes me miserable. His triumph is my happiness yet my greatest downfall.