ART 115

LUNA WITNESSED MY DOWNFALL

Luna is like an art--beautiful yet I could only admire from a distance. Her smile brings brightness. Her eyes tell thousands of meaning. And she's the girl I like.

I still remember, I once tried to talk to her but she's too elusive. She seems afraid to trust anyone around her. I also noticed that she doesn't have friends. Always alone that makes everyone thinks she's weird or someone who has a mental disorder.

"Ang ganda ng buwan, ano?" I said as I sat beside her. I felt her sudden shock but I just ignored it para hindi siya mailang.

"Ang liwanang niya ngayon na parang nagpapahiwatig ng magandang mangyayari," I added, still looking at the moon.

My heart was pounding fast. She's the only girl who can make me feel this way.

"But it's actually the opposite," she uttered, reason for me to slowly look at her innocent face.

"Luna hides thousands of secret. Marami siyang nalalaman."

Mas lalo ko siyang hinangaan dahil doon. And for the first time, she smiled at me. For a moment, I feel like I'm the luckiest man on earth when I received that beautiful smile.

"Yeah, right. I guess Luna just knew another secret right now," I said while smiling.

'Yon ang unang beses na nakausap ko siya. And from that day, I promised to myself that I will get her in any way I could do.

"Stop tailing me, Cali. Makakaistorbo ka lamang sa akin," she said, a bit irritated.

Sanay na ako sa ugali niyang 'yan. Ayaw niya na tinutulungan ko siya sa mga gawaing bahay. Yes, palagi akong nasa bahay nila pero wala naman siyang magawa para maitaboy ako dahil masyado rin akong makulit. Alam kong ramdam na niya gusto ko siya pero ipinagsasawalang bahala niya.

Sa pangungulit ko sa kaniya, nakasanayan na rin niya ang presensya ko. We became close as the day goes by. She was different from the girls I met before. 

She let me know her even more.

Sitting beside the sea, listening to the noise of ocean, breathing the same air, and watching the moon are we usually do. It calms our heart and mind for a moment.

"Do you know that I really hate the moon for it knew my dark secrets?" she blurted out while we're quietly sitting on the sand.

"But why you still love watching it?"

"Ironic isn't it? I love the moon but I also hate it. Moon saw how I lost my husband and child. It witnesses how alone I am. It sees how miserable my life is. And I know, moon also knows how I cry everynight for the person I shouldn't have feelings for. Pero siya lang din ang nagstay despite of my flawed life. Pagmasdan ko lang siya ng ganito, kumakalma ang kalooban ko. Pakiramdam ko wala akong problema," sambit niya dahilan para lalo ko siyang hangaan.

She lost her family at a very young age. Simula nang makilala ko siya, wala pa akong nakikilala na kahit isang kamag-anak niya. She's always alone kaya nga pinipilit ko siyang tulungan kahit ayaw niya. Kapag labas ako ng school sa kaniya agad ako dumidiretso.

Kung paano niya bigyan ng kahulugan at paliwang ang mga bagay-bagay, lalo akong nahuhulog. I want to court her but i'm still finding the right time to do it, I want to prove to her that I am really serious.

"Sana ako na lang si moon haha. So I could also know who's the lucky person you're talking about." Napangiti siya dahil sa sinabi ko--the smile that I always want to see.

"Hindi mo gugustuhin maging ang buwan. She has to keep lots of secrets because she has no choice. She keeps brightening and gives light to us dahil 'yon lang ang kaya niyang gawin." Tumayo siya habang ang tingin ay nananatili sa taas.