Non-Country personifications

Some of the countries have personified State/provinces. These personification focus more on their own section of their country. The countries that would have personified states/provinces are ones that give said states/provinces some level of control over their own land. 

Such countries include: America, Canada, Brazil, Germany, India, and many others

Also For most countries, their capital is also personified, Usually the capital is more introverted and is more concerned about internal affairs while the country is more extroverted and concerned about foreign relations, usually it is the countries who negotiate with others, but when the country is unable to, the capital can go in their place, but if they were to have an empire, the empire would do things for the country instead

South Africa's capital is still one person who personifies all 3 cities, but has MPD for each of the cites, but can actually control the MPD. 

As for war, it used to be that the country (or empire instead if there were one) would go to the country they are invading and attack their country personification, the states/provinces can help, if the country allows it, and usually the capital would stay and keep things running at home. 

edit: Or perhaps the capital would only be personified if it has its own district (like DC in the US) and the reason i'm adding this as an edit instead of deleting what i already had here is because i'm undecided and not sure how other countries handle with their capitals, if those with states have it in its own district not in any of the said states. Or if the capital moves, the personification wouldn't die unless  the country is also dying. 

and what about state/province capitals? those probably aren't personified, but what if a country, who has a personified capital, gets conquered (would the capital die) made into a state, and then became independent again? would a new capital be born, the old one be revived, or would the old one have never died in the first place?