31

TW~Slight panic attack

"VIRGIL!" Roman went to run after the pain in his chest to great for him to even think at all. "Virgil, no!" He tried to fight against his brother's arms as Remus kept him where he was. "LET ME GO!"

"Roman, you need to give him time. You just snapped at him..."

"I NEED TO APOLOGIZE!" Roman yelled out as the pain only grew. He needed Virgil. He hurt Virgil. He couldn't stand it. His human... His human... Fuck! All he could think about was getting to his human and begging for forgiveness. "Let me go, Remus."

"Roman, sometimes the best apologies are down AFTER you give them space. Take it from me! You need to let him breathe." 

"DAMN IT REMUS!" Roman yanked and pulled his arms, his mind in too much of a frenzy to even be able to hear his brother too much. "LET ME GO OR I SWEAR TO THE GODS!" Remus growled as his grip only got stronger.

"I am older by several years, Roman. Do you really want finally test to see who's stronger?" Roman's eyes started glowing as he pulled both his hands in with a snarl on his lips and a crazed look that startled everyone.

"One of us turns into a bat... the other a fucking wolf. Do YOU really want to see who's stronger?" Remus gulped as he suddenly let Roman go, who didn't even blink before speeding off after his human.

"VIRGIL!" Roman ran off in a flash, a literal boom of thunder sounding after him, as Janus just sighed and shook his head.

"You tried, Remus. Now we just have to hope Virgil understands enough not to get pissed off even more." Remus frowned as Janus gently pulled him into a hug. "Something's is definitely going on with those two though, that's for sure."

Virgil sat there in his bed, tears falling from his face, as he just stared at his teddy bear. He ran his fingers through the soft curl toffee brown fur and choked back his cries as the seconds ticked by. He was in pain. He was just trying to look out for the man he loved. He didn't want Roman to suffer because of him and his freak blood. He's never hated his blood as much as he did now. He just... He... He just wanted to care for Roman like the others cared for him so much. He should have known better. Obviously, he wouldn't want a pathetic hunter to help him. It's his fault Roman's even in this mess... it's his blood after all. Virgil huffed as he went to lay down only for a soft yet incessant knock to sound on his door.

"V-Virge?" Virgil frowned hearing Roman's voice squeak through the door. "V-Virg-gil. I..."

"Roman, I know you're probably panicking, but I need to breathe..."

"Th-that's... th-that's ok." Virgil frowned hearing just how strained the other's voice was and his chest twinged in worry. "Because I do too..." He sighed as he slowly pushed himself up and over to the door, opening it enough to see just how completely shattered the vampire was, with tears streaming down his cheek and body shaking as if standing in ice water. "I can't breathe." Virgil smiled sadly as he just pushed the rest of the door open and Roman's eyes darting right to his. "V-Virg-..." Virgil held his arms out and Roman instantly threw himself into him faster than either could even blink. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't hate me. I didn't mean to yell. I swear. I'm sorry."

"Sanguine are known for their temper." Roman whined as Virgil gently led him in to the room, closing the door back up, before sitting down on the bed with Roman curled up into him. "It's not the first time you've yelled at me."

"I-I hurt you and I-I can't... I-I-I c-can't..."

"Roman do me a favor and focus on me ok? Can you try to trace a shape into my arm or back? Something like a star or heart?" Roman tensed before just nodding and resting completely into the other. Virgil smiled feeling how Roman had his arms wrapped around him, his finger gently tracing a start into his back just as Virgil had suggested. "Ok. Just keep doing that and try to breathe in for me. Breathe in and breathe out." Roman shuddered but listened as Virgil held him close. "You're ok. I'm not leaving you. I promise. You yelling at me doesn't mean I'm going to abandon you."

"Please, don't leave?" Virgil sighed as he softly played with Roman's hair.

"Sanguine have really bad tempers. Their self-control is... limited. But you... You've shone me you are much stronger than your vampiric urges. I'm not going to turn on you just because you let in this one time. You just yelled. Yes, what you said hurt me." Roman whined pathetically as Virgil forced himself to take a breath as well. "But that was only because I care about you, Roman. I know how my blood affects vampires... how dangerous it is for you. I don't want my friend suffering because of me. I just..."

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't. It tastes like ash." Virgil frowned as Roman snuggled into him, slightly more calmer and finally able to breathe properly. "It all just tastes like ash. I didn't want it. I was craving you but... I didn't... I just... I'm sorry."

"How long have you been..."

"A while now, Hun." Virgil's eyes shot wide as his hold on Roman only tightened. "Since the second time I had your blood. It just... It's all I've wanted. I'm sorry. I know you were scared of me getting addicted but I just... I... It was already too late and you were in agony. I needed to help you."

"Shh... Roman. It's ok." Roman cuddled close as Virgil rubbed his back. "I'm sorry you have to deal with all this now. I'm sorry for pushing you at dinner."

"No... No that... That was me." Roman frowned as just stayed there trying to bask in their closeness. He was so scared he had fucked everything up. But here his human was holding him again... He didn't want to take any of it for granted. "It's not your fault. I was stressed out already and then when you... I didn't want you to see me as weak or broken so I snapped because I already felt pathetic..."

"Roman, you are not pathetic."

"Virgil, I either have to send another vampire to their death for a recon mission..." Virgil tensed up badly as Roman's voice came out dull and monotone. "... or go myself and take you with me into possible danger because I can't be without you. I'm weak."

"You are NOT week. You're bonded, and any other vampire with a blood bond would be in the same situation as this." Roman smiled sadly as Virgil shook his head. "That being said, we are NOT just sending a vampire off to die. You wouldn't do that. Which means the reason you were so high strung was because not only did you feel as though you wouldn't be able to protect me... you felt you were the one causing the danger. Your yelling was just the tipping point of all that stress turning into an attack. You need a break, Roman."

"Kings don't get breaks... they just get those short moments before more work must be done. I have people I have to protect, a race to support." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he stared off in thought.

"What time are we leaving?" Roman flinched clearly not comfortable with the idea of Virgil coming alone. "I'm not leaving you when it hurts you so much. This is MY choice to come along. I'm not being forced... I want to. Besides..." Virgil chuckled softly as he tried to coax Roman into relaxing. "I was a hunter. I know how they work. I know where to go to find things. I know how to get dirt on them. I'm going and that's final... ok?" Roman smiled as he gently rubbed his cheek against him happily curled up in his arms, despite how drained and tired he was.

"We leave tomorrow night. You, Remus, and I will head out together and split off around Kesher." Roman's eyes glimmered as Virgil shifted them both around till they were laying down seeing as Roman was already on his way to falling asleep. "And... If it'll make you feel better, I'll try to feed. I... I can't promise anything, but I'll try. I don't want you worrying about me, Love."

"That is all I ask for, Ro." Roman purred tiredly as the two cuddled close together. "We should get some rest then. We have a long trip tomorrow."