9

TW~Just Roman being in a lot of pain

"Don't..." Roman whimpered badly as his hand twitched making Virgil's blood grow cold. He slowly but surely moved every so subtle towards the door unsure if this was some sort of a trick but... The look of pain in the vampire's eyes drew him in in a way that made his heart clench with concern. Roman's eyes darted about slightly, unseeingly as his mind drowned under the waves of pain and emotions, that which he KNEW were not his own. "You're... You're scared?" Virgil flinched as Roman glanced back up at him, eyes filled with panic as he clenched his shirt in pain. "Are you scared of me?" Virgil swallowed the uncomfortable guilt that rose up in his throat like bile at the heartwrenching expression in Roman's eyes. "Please don't be scared." He whined pathetically as he begged with his eyes for Virgil to trust him. "I can't hurt you. I can't kill you. I told you. I can't..."

"Did you forget you choked me yesterday?" Roman jerked violently as he bit his tongue to stop himself from crying, even as the tears built up in him. He couldn't break like this. He couldn't break so easily. Yes, he was in pain. Everything was screaming in him. He NEEDED Virgil. He didn't understand why but his very core, his being, craved to be in his presence. Being without him hurts... having him hate him or be scared of him hurts... He just couldn't take the pain.

"I didn't... I mean I... I-I don't know... Fuck." Roman grumbled as his words twisted in his mouth, his accent only getting thinker as his mind pulled him under. He was having trouble remembering how to even speak. "I didn't mean to. I w-wasn't aware. Ambo te ignosce me."
*"Please, forgive me."*

"What?" Roman frowned as he glanced up to see the confused look in Virgil, who just shook his head pulling himself out of his thoughts. "Forget it. Roman, you choked me. Even if you weren't aware that just proves you CAN in fact hurt me. You CAN kill me. You almost did."

"NO!" Roman cried out as he curled up into himself making Virgil's body turn to ice. "No. I... I can't... I can't. I promise. Ego autem non possunt occidere. Ego te occidit. Quaeso? Please..." Virgil could not understand what the vampire was saying at all. His accent coated his cries so fervently it was clear the other was switching back and forth between two languages. It tore at the human's heart in a way he hadn't known was possible. He broke... those tears plus the pleasing... Virgil realized fairly quickly he was not going to be able to ignore this.
*"I cannot kill you. I will not kill you. Please?"*

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Virgil hissed in annoyance at himself as Roman tensed and met his eyes again with such an overwhelming about of emotions on display in his eyes. You can't just... act that, right? Like, it isn't possible? It has to be real... right? Or was Virgil allowing himself to walk right into the very trap he was trying so hard to avoid?

"I don't know." Roman forces himself to take a breath wanting nothing more than to push all that pain behind him and ignore it. "I don't know."

"How do you not know?"

"I just don't ok?!" Virgil jumped as Roman's eyes flashed angrily only for him to curl up again and breathe. "I'm sorry. I'm just... I'm in pain. I don't know why. There's no reason for it. I just am and..." Virgil nodded to egg Roman on as his eyes softened a bit with a sigh. " I feel like my heart is being crushed. But, not all the time just... sometimes. Sometimes it's just this tightening in my chest that makes it hard to breathe. Or the room spins and it's like mind can't focus on anything but on this one thing... on y-... on uh..." Roman shook his head as he forced himself to sit up, squeezing his hands so tight they didn't appear to be shaking. "I'm fine." He choked out ignoring the intense tug over concern that made his mind fuzzy. "I'm ok now. Don't worry."

"Who said I was worried?" Virgil huffed slightly only to hesitate noticing the few subtle tremors that Roman was clearly trying to suppress. He wasn't ok. He wasn't better. He was hiding it. Why? Why would a vampire even care? Why would he even BE in pain? Virgil's mind was dealing as he groaned in thought. He needed to know. He had to. Something about this just didn't add up. So... He did what he does best and annoyed the shit out of him. "So, was it some kind of a trick." Roman winces instantly as Virgil's eyes darken. "Did you just fake your pain?"

"N-No," Roman grunted softly hoping the sound wasn't audible... it was, and Virgil deflated all the more as roman shook his head. "It wasn't. I-I wouldn't d-do that."

"I wouldn't put it past you." Virgil forced it through his teeth hating the guilt he felt over pressing the issue so much. He needed to know. He didn't know any other option. it was bad enough that the vampire could randomly snap and attack him over it. No anxiety don't start now, this is important. "I mean it would make sense for a vampire to try and guilt trip me over you nearly killing me."

"I CAN'T kill you!" Roman yelled with clear frustration as Virgil's body stiffened in fear. "I can't. I told you. I can't kill you. Why won't you believe me? I can't fucking kill you."

"And how exactly would you know that Roman?"

"BECAUSE IT PHYSICALLY HURTS ME TO EVEN THINK ABOUT!" Virgil jumped back in complete shock as Roman froze up, eyes wide in agony and tears slipping down his cheeks. "It hurts. Just thinking a-about you... a-about you g-getting hurt... hurts ME." Roman whimpered as his hand went to his chest just wanting the pain to lessen if only slightly. "I don't know what it is. I don't know what's going on with me. I don't understand it. I just... There's something about you, Virgil." Virgil's eyes widened as he met with Roman's gaze, his heart clenching at the tears that just kept continuing to fall. "There's something about you and no matter how hard I try to ignore it... I can't. I need you. LITERALLY NEED YOU with me. Something in you is calling to me. I crave it but... I don't know what it is or why." Virgil's arms fell to his side as the initial shock slowly wore off to a near understanding. He prayed he was wrong. He didn't even know how it would be possible but... The look in Roman's eyes made it clear that the vampire was telling the truth and that he was suffering because of it. "I need you, Virgil. I can't be without you and I don't know why. I fucking HATE hunters. I hate them." Virgil actually flinched at the emotions dripping from Roman's tone as the vampire's tears only fell harder. "But... I can't hate you. I've tried. I kept telling myself you're a hunter that you... that... fuck. I just can't hate you. It's literally impossible."