Virgil chuckled as he listened to Nicholaus drone on about important things. He was listening. He was... But he was ALSO paying very close attention to the warms wrapped around his midsection from behind him... the way Roman leaned into him a soft subtle purr to his breathing as he cuddled the younger vampire against his chest.

Since waking up Roman hasn't left Virgil's side for a second, always maintaining some form of contact as if the second he looked away, Virgil would blow away with the wind. Virgil didn't mind it any. He was content basking in the affection. 

Nicholaus, of course, had made a comment about it at first, a tad concerned over Roman's obsessive clinginess. But Virgil quickly assured him it was alright and actually normal for the two of them. Roman had whined thinking he was doing something wrong only for Virgil to kiss him and shut down those anxious thoughts... or well ANY thoughts to be honest.

"I just don't understand why we have to do this!" Remus cut in quickly making the Lupis sigh and step back. "We JUST escaped from that hell hole and now you're expecting us to go BACK?!"

"Remus, please." Virgil spoke softly and calmly noticing the twitches the other vamp was getting. Roman only held him tighter with a nervous look on his face over his brother's struggling. "I understand you've been through something traumatic..."

"ME?!" Remus laughed as he shook his head. "All I did was sit in a cell the entire time. I had to watch as Roman WRITHED in his cell because of all the SHIT that that bitch put you through."

"And that bitch is dead." Virgil responded without the slightest emotion making Remus grimaced. "Her body blown up to ash in the explosion that I created when I rigged the reactor to overheat. She's dead. We're not."

"You don't... You don't get it. I can't..." Virgil smiled sadly as he hugged Roman's hands tighter who had started to shake as the two of them started going back and forth. Remus just looked very conflicted. "You know me. I'd want nothing more than to make those hunter bitches' blood rain from the sky. It's just we haven't recovered. Roman just woke up. You barely made it out. Virgil... They tortured the two of you." Nicholaus paled as the topic reared its ugly head. A topic no one had once brought up while they were there so no one but the vampires knew. "They tortured you. How can you be ok with going back?"

"Because If I don't then many more creatures could end up dead." Remus whined in desperation as he turned to his brother.

"Roman, you can't be ok with this." Nickolaus frowned in confusion at the change in who he was begging. "Please tell me you aren't ok with this. You..."

"I trust his judgment." Roman purred as he leaned his cheek against Virgil's shoulder making Remus's eyes fill with horror.

"Why am I the fucking sensible one here?! I'm the fucker that crazed and mental and... WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING REASON?!" Remus jumped as Virgil suddenly had him by the shoulders with a soft look in his eyes. He hadn't even realized he had started crying. "Why?"

"Our original before the hunters came... was to make allies with the wolves for support in the oncoming battles." Remus tensed as Virgil's eyes practically bore into him. He could feel the pressure on his mind, the clear sign Virgil was using his mesmer but both knew it was only to help calm the raging thoughts burning through the eldest's mind. "That is what we are doing right now... forming a pact with wolves to ensure support."

"But why this? Why does it have to be this?" Remus looked back to see Roman still where he was before and he crashed. "Why are you ok with this? One word and..."

"I'm trusting his judgment." Roman repeated with a sad smiled, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "A good leader knows when to listen to their partner."

"A good leader ALSO knows when to listen to their older brother because sometimes they don't seem to understand the severity of the situation!" Roman flinched at the growl Remus made only to snap back at Virgil who squeezed his shoulders tightly.

"Now none of that." Remus growled again making Roman tense up over who it was directed to but Virgil just chuckled softly. "I said none of that, Remus. Do not make me go get Janus." 

"Just because you are my brother's mate..."

"Remus, we are about to ask the wolves to ignore their ingrained fear to fight alongside us vampires, who already have had a strenuous relationship with them, to fight the hunters in a war that could take many lives." Remus stopped cold as Virgil just shook his head. "We're expecting them to be ok with fighting the very people who have spent their entire existence learning new and better ways to kill them because they declared war against US." Remus curled away a bit as Virgil let him go realizing he was finally getting through to him. "We are going to ask the same thing they are. How are we support to expect it from them if we cannot provide the same. Taking this base down would be advantageous to BOTH of us. Not only in securing an ally and a win in this war, but in providing hope, moral, and safety to the vampires not just at home but in all the camps around us. We NEED this." Virgil's eyes shined as Remus finally relented. "We need this just as much as they do."

"I just... You didn't see it, Virgil." Remus whispered so quietly only Virgil could hear and his eyes went wide. "The way Roman broke... you didn't see it. I can't watch that happen again. If you never came back... My brother would have died right alongside you." Virgil pulled away with a very serious look as Remus tried to shake his tears away. "He lost his will to live when he thought he lost you." Roman tensed hearing that part as he stepped back, his chest tensing at the pain from the memory of it all. "Please? At least be smart about this."

"We have this pack backing us up. Plus my knowledge about Hunter bases. Your's, Roman's, and Janus's strength... I am being smart about this. What I need right now..." Virgil took Remus's hands with this look in his eyes that made Remus completely crash and submit. "...is for you to trust me."

"Alright." Remus growled the words out but didn't move from his submissive stance, head down just staring at the floor. "If this is what you command..." Virgil chuckled as he hugged Remus close making the older snap up in shock.

"Thank you, Remus."