60

"Virg-..."

"Who's getting the rooms?" Virgil instantly cut Roman off glancing over at Janus and Remus as the four of them started to get out of the truck.

"I'll do it." Janus called as he shot Roman a sad smile and ran off to get the keys. Virgil just leaned himself against the truck, staring off at nothing as Roman stared at the ground.

"So... About the rooms..." Remus muttered awkwardly before Virgil crossed his arms.

"I'm taking my own so one of you better tell Janus to get three-..."

"No." Roman cut in with a glare making Virgil clam up. "That's not happening. I'm staying with you."

"Ro-.." Remus tried to calm his brother down only for Janus to come back out with two keys making Virgil roll his eyes.

"Whatever. Pass it." Virgil took one of the keys from Janus and grabbed his bag before making his way to his with Roman stumbling quickly behind him. Virgil didn't give the other a second word as he threw his bag on the bed and started for the bathroom.

"You should rest." Roman frowned as he let the door slip closed behind him. He watched as Virgil walked into the bathroom and turned the sink on letting the sound of running water drown everything out. "You should rest." Virgil still didn't respond. Instead just walking out only to get pulled into Roman's arms as the vampire shook badly. "Please?" Even still Virgil didn't do anything and just stared at the floor as Roman practically clawed at his hoodie. "Don't ignore me. Don't... Please talk to me. Say something. I can't take this. Virgil-..."

"Have you eaten?" Roman tensed instantly at Virgil's words only to shake his head making Virgil smile sadly and gently put his hands to Roman's waste.

"I... I felt too guilty to. I'm sorry."

"Ok." Virgil gently pushed Roman away only making Roman's fear worse as he watched Virgil go for his bag. He watched as Virgil pulled out these holstered knifed and his heart tanked. 

"Virgil, what are you doing?" Virgil wrapped the holsters around his legs before grabbing his gun holster vest and strapping that to him as well. "Virgil!"

"I'm going to get you some food." Roman's eyes widened as he quickly shook his head. 

"You're far too weak. Don't worry about me." Virgil didn't so much as look up at him before grabbing his hoodie that he had to take off for the holster and put it back on as he headed for the door. "Virgil, No-..." Roman flinched back the second he grabbed Virgil's arm making the younger glare at him. "Don't go-..." His eyes widened feeling that sudden pressure in the back of his mind making him whimper lightly over the annoyance of it.

"Let. Me. Go." Virgil growled only making the pressure worse. Roman quickly shook his head dispelling the mesmer the younger was trying to do before tightening his grip and making Virgil yell in frustration. "LET ME GO!"

"Virgil please?!" Virgil froze at the cry Roman made as the other gently tugged him closer. "Please?" Virgil didn't fight it that time as Roman pulled him in and kissed him softly, whispering his ear with such a heartbreaking tone. "I don't want to see you die."

"That's the whole problem, Roman." Roman deflated as he curled up against Virgil just desperate to hold him. "You wanting me to die rather than..."

"I don't want you to turn. Just because I would rather you die than that does not mean I WANT to watch you die. It just means the other option is even worse." Virgil just stood there letting Roman cry it all out, albeit silently, as he let his mind quiet down to just him and what he needs to do. "Please stay?"

"You need to eat."

"I NEED you to stay." Roman's voice slowly softened and grow quieter with every word. "Please stay. Stay with me?"

"You won't feed from me now... will you?" Roman jerked as Virgil lightly pushed him away enough to meet his eyes. "You won't do it because you know it's killing me. I have to get you to eat somehow." Virgil was about to leave again only for Roman's mind to snap. The king quickly grabbed Virgil's arm again nearly making the younger groan at his assistance. 

"Fine." Virgil's eyes shot over as Roman just stood there with a blank look in his eyes. "I... I'll do it... If you just stay with me. Just... Please stop fighting me."

"Roman-..."

"I'm serious Virgil." Virgil could see the complete and devastating defeat in those red eyes as Roman finally let him go. "I'll do it. I'll feed from you one last time. If you just stop fighting me and let me love you the way I know how." Roman couldn't stop the tears that fell. "I can't do it anymore, Hun. I just love you way too much. I can't... Please. Let me love you the way I know how for the rest of your life... however short it may be."

"You really won't turn me?" Roman shook his head sadly as he leaned against Virgil again.

"I can't. I won't risk killing you myself. I won't curse to if should it even work. I just can't do it. I'm sorry." Virgil smiled sadly as he pulled Roman up to kiss him again causing the king to break down all the more. "Please? Please let me love you the way I know how. Please just... stay with me until the end." Roman literally picked Virgil up making the younger wrap his legs around his waist to keep himself up. "Please?" He begged softly as he pressed a soft kiss to Virgil's neck leading him over to the bed. He gently placed him on the blankets kissing him passionately as Virgil clenched his fists around his shirt. "Let me love you... till the end. Let me take care of you."

"One last time." Virgil choked out as Roman smiled sadly and nodded.

"One last time." Roman repeated before flipping them both other with his vampiric speed till Virgil was resting against his chest, the king's back to the headboard. "I love you so much, Omnia mea." *My everything.*

"I lo-..." Virgil winced badly as his grip tightened against Roman's shirt, feeling the vampire bite down. "I... I-I..." Virgil smiled as his tears fell feeling the burn grow in his chest again. "I love you too." Virgil laughed softly wrapping his arms around the other who growled against his neck quietly. "Thank you." Virgil whispered sweetly as he leaned back against the headboard far more drained than he should have been before. "Thank you for letting me care for YOU... the only way I know how." Roman couldn't help but shudder, feeling the love that passed through the bond. His tears only fell harder as Virgil's eyes slowly slipped shut. "Thank you."

"My dearest." Roman lulled as hours later he just laid there cradling Virgil against his chest. He ran his hand through the other's hair and sighed sadly over just how much white was in it at this point. It was more white than anything else. He really didn't have much time left at all. He kissed him softly replaying all the memories he had of Virgil in his mind only furthering to break his heart. He couldn't lose Virgil... but he couldn't turn him either. He was frozen. "Please?" He prayed tears in his eyes as he looked up to the sky. "Please. I can't save him. I can't. I don't know what to do. I... I'm sorry to ask this of you. You know it's rare for me to ever beg for anything. I've only done it a few times at most. Just... Please. Please save him. I don't care how. I just can't lose him. Jupiter... Pluto... Anyone?" Roman pressed his love tighter against his chest as he broke down once again over it all. "I don't care what I have to give up. Just please save my love."

"GRAB THEM!" The door burst open, shocking Roman out of his broken stupor only for hunters to flood in. One of them grabbed Virgil making Roman snap in a haze. He managed to kill two before the sound of his brother screaming out for Janus froze him on the spot. His eyes darted to the door watching as Janus was dragged out in silver cuffs.

"No..." Roman whined only to flinch as he was yanked back and silver cuffs were placed on him, draining him immensely. "NO!" He tried to struggle. He watched as cuffs were even placed on Virgil as the hunters literally carried the unconscious fae out to their vans. "VIRGIL!"

"Shut up!" Roman's head smacked against the ground after getting sucker-punched, making the world go hazy on him. "Grab the beast and let's go. If he causes any more trouble, kill him. We got our target anyway.