85

"R-Ro..." Virgil fussed about in bed, his face strewn in pain. "R-Rom-man... Ro..." He'd been having this nightmare for a while now, the agony tearing through him as if on repeat. The pain was just too fresh on his mind. "Roman." He whined as he rolled over, panting in desperation. It was hard to breathe. Flashes of when he was chained up filled his mind. His screams... he couldn't tell if it was him or his dream. He was right back in that base burning alive as the blood coursed through him, killing and rewriting his very genetic code. "Ro-..." He choked. He couldn't breathe. All that came out was a very agonized whine. He kicked in his sleep as he clutched his chest. It hurt... it hurt so much. It felt like his heart was seconds from exploding... until it stopped... "Ro..."

"Shh..." Roman whispered softly as he gently trailed his fingers through his husband's hair, his eyes glowing brightly. "No more nightmares." Roman watched as his love slowly relaxed into the pillows, a soft sigh on his lips. "No more pain, Love. Just sleep." Roman hated how many nightmares Virgil would have but he was thankful for his power to change them. He didn't use his dream manipulation a lot. There was never a need to, but... He was happy he could do something to ease his husband's pain. "Everything is ok, Virgil."

"I love you." The younger vampire mumbled sweetly as he rolled over till he was cuddling up against Roman's chest. Roman purred as he wrapped his arms around him just basking in the contact. It hadn't been that long ago since Virgil had marked him but Roman still couldn't get over the scent... the feeling... the sense of completion he got with Virgil. It made even the worse moments better again.

"I love you too. Sweet dreams, Spes mea." *My hope.*

This time... This time Virgil had done it to himself. Roman walked in to find his love just sitting there on their bed staring blankly at the sheets with tears streaming down his face. He had only gotten up for a bit. He didn't think Virgil would have had another nightmare. The truth was, however... Virgil didn't have another. 

Virgil decided to try that divination spell again... only to find out that nothing had changed. 

Roman was still destined to die.

"Virgil?" Virgil sighed as he slowly looked up to see the worry in his love's eyes. "Are you ok, My love?"

"No... No, I'm not." Roman carefully pushed himself up onto the bed, opening his arms to let his love crawl into his embrace. Virgil dug his fingers harshly into Roman's shirt as if that was enough to keep him there, safe forever. "I don't want to lose you."

"You're not going to lose me." Roman smiled sadly as he trailed his fingers through Virgil's snowy hair, hoping to help ease his love's worry. "I'm right here... and I'm not going anywhere."

"R-Ro-..." Roman gently squeezed him closer cutting the other off as he nuzzled his nose into the other's neck gently brushing the mark he had given him. 

"I'm not going anywhere." Virgil's eyes darkened as he tried to fake a smile. Virgil knew that promises and kind words weren't going to change anything. Virgil had been seeing the same vision of the future for a year now. Every single time he's checked it's always been the same. Roman IS going to die on him... why couldn't he ever just see what happens? Why couldn't Virgil be given information to try and stop it? Why does Roman have to die? "I'm not leaving you, My love."

"Thank you." Virgil forced through his teeth trying to mask his pain through the bond but by the way Roman held him closer, he knew Roman still felt it. "I just... I want to stop thinking about all this."

"Well, we could meet up with Logan." Virgil frowned in confusion as Roman just smiled sadly. "We had talked about doing another party mission to take out another base?"

"OH!" Virgil straightened himself out, his eyes glimmering slightly as he nodded. "I remember. We spoke about taking the one on the original route path and turning it into a safe house for future missions." Roman nodded as Virgil carefully started to get up. The younger quickly made his way to the dresser pulling out some clothes for the day as he tried to work through all his thoughts. "I think we should do it. I could use something to focus on."

"Are you sure, Love?" Virgil nodded as he carefully got himself ready, Roman in the background never taking his eyes off of him. 

"Yeah, I am. We need this win. We need the base. And... And I need the distraction." Virgil spun around only to jump as Roman was there, wrapping his arms around his love.

"When this war is over... you and I are going to go and take a nice trip. Wherever you want... I promise." Virgil couldn't help but melt. He could feel how worried Roman was about him through the bond. He could practically hear him begging in his mind. He knew the other would do anything to make him happy. But Virgil didn't need anything... He just needed Roman.

"Let's make sure our people are safe first." Virgil whispered making Roman purr at the use of 'our'. Sure Virgil had been a vampire now for almost as long as he had been seeing that vision but to Roman... To Roman is was always like the first time hearing his love proclaim that he belonged with them... that his place is with him and how his people are his people. It never lost that magical feeling. 

"I love you." Roman whispered as he gently ghosted his lips against Virgil's purring so softly, making Virgil's eyes shine. He could physically see Roman melting into him as he felt the bliss bleed through the bond. 

"I love you too, My King." Roman whined softly as Virgil gave him a proper kiss, pressing the other against him, before separating with a sigh. There was this glimmer in his gaze as Roman panted softly against him. A small smirk played on his lips as Roman's eyes, in a daze, flitted up to his. Virgil could already tell Roman was in a more... submissive state of mind. "Are YOU going to be ok... or do you want to stay here a bit longer."

"Virgil..." Roman sang as he practically pulled Virgil as close as he could get, laying his head down against the other's shoulder with a hum. "Just wanna be held."

"I can do that."