41

TW~ Descriptions of blood and death

Virgil groaned as he forced himself up out of bed ignoring the pain that rang through him at the movement. He stared at his shaking hands for a while before just rolling his eyes and standing up with a stretch. He got himself ready for the day, brushing his hair and putting his hoodie on, before he walked himself down the steps finding Roman sitting there on the couch, book in hand. 

"Roman!" Virgil giggled as he jumped up against the back of the couch with a gleeful smile as he gave the vampire an odd hug. Roman tensed, eyes flashing brightly, as he smiled awkwardly and just shifted himself out of Virgil's odd embrace.

"Hello, Virgil." Virgil hopped back with a small smile as Roman set the book down and glanced back at him. "Did you sleep well?"

"As well as I usually do." Roman's eyes dazed slightly as he just nodded making Virgil's smile fall a bit. "Roman, are you ok?"

"I'm fine." Roman got himself up and set the book down on the table before stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Why don't I make us some breakfast?"

"You don't have to..."

"Nonsense, Little one." Virgil's heart cracked as Roman, with a dazed expression simply gestured for him to follow. "It's my job to care for you, Virgil."

"Little... Little one?" Roman chuckled as Virgil collapsed into a chair just watching his love move about the kitchen. "You've... never called me that before?"

"That's not true. I used to call you it all the time, sweetheart." Roman pulled out some milk and beamed as he started to pour all these ingredients into a bowl. "What else am a supposed to call the little prince that was always around me?"

"I'm not a..."

"Does Emile have chocolate chips?" Roman asked quickly as he started to rummage through the cabinets. "He has bananas but... OH! There." Roman pulled a bag of chips out and smiled as he started to pour some into a cup. "I hope you light chocolate, little one."

"I'm not a chi-..." Roman hummed a soft tune completely ignoring Virgil who just crashed against the chair with tears in his eyes. He knew it. Of course, he knew it. He... He had started to think that maybe things could be different but... Roman only sees him as a child. How else would he see him?

"Do like maple or chocolate sauce or... What do you want on your pancakes?" Roman opened the fridge with a slight frown as he took everything in. "Virgil?" Roman's frown only grew as he glanced back to see the broken look in Virgil's eyes and his heart clenched. Even still... He just sighed and turned back to the fridge. "Better to be safe with Maple. Don't want to give you too much chocolate." Roman pulled the maple out before running back to the stove to flip the pancake trying really hard to ignore the pain coming through the bond. "Do you have anything planned today?"

"Just more training."

"And he talks!" Roman chuckled as Virgil's eyes only darkened more. "I was wondering if maybe you'd fallen asleep."

"And if I had?" Roman visibly hesitated, his smile not faltering for even a second despite his very clearly dazed eyes. 

"I would have told you to go rest some more. Boys need as much sleep as they can get anyway. Plus you've been through a lot." Virgil huffed as he turned away from the other and just laid his head against the table. "Maybe you should? If you're tired you..."

"Don't baby me, Roman." Roman flinched as he gripped the spatula tightly. "I am not a child."

"Compared to my age..." Roman swallowed his guilt as he tried to tune out the burn in his throat. "... you are." Roman plated the pancake before cutting up some banana and drizzling a light bit of maple over everything. "Here you go, sweetheart." Virgil frowned at the nickname glancing up at Roman as the vampire messed with his hair before just walking off.

"Thanks... Roman." Virgil whispered softly just stabbing it all with his fork. "I don't think I like the nickname sweetheart anymore."

Hours later Virgil just found himself sitting there in his bed silently sobbing his eyes out. He had tried to cast that divination spell... the one that let him see an event in the future. All he saw was red. 

Red... blood... tons and tons of blood... bodies on the floor and... and...

Roman's lifeless body in a coffin locked in a vault deep in the castle.

Snippets of the future past his mind breaking his heart with each and every one. The vision of Roman laying there as if asleep in that white coffin... One might have just assumed he was playing into the stereotype. Virgil knew better. He knew... He saw his love dead and just laying there unable to decay... locked away as if some kind of memento. 

He saw himself crying... eyes blank and devoid of any emotion. He looked insane... crazed... as he held this large jug of thick dark liquid.

Many different jars filled his mind all will the same dark liquid... flashes... just flashes back to the body littering the floor. Then... Then once again to Roman.

Virgil gasped as he clutched his hoodie tightly. His mind was just covered in red. He could see the thick dark blood slowly dripping down darkened skin painting it near black. Red against white... light... smoke.

"Virgil?" Virgil whimpered against the visions his whole body breaking as everything just tore through him. "Virgil!" He couldn't breathe. Everything was churning. He felt like he was going to get sick. "Sweetheart, it's ok. It's ok. I've got you... VIRGIL!" 

"R-Ro..." Virgil choked as Roman hugged him tight against his chest, rocking slightly back and forth. "R-Roman... I can't..."

"Shh... It's ok. It's ok, sweetheart. Don't be frightened anymore. I've got you." Virgil clung tight to him as he sobbed loudly only furthering to break Roman's heart. "I've got you. You're ok now."

"I can't lose you. I can't... I can't."

"You won't." Roman smiled sadly as just held him not knowing what else to do to help. "I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart. Please breathe for me."

"I'm sorry." Virgil hiccuped as Roman laid him down in his bed with a sad look in his eyes. "I didn't mean to... I just... I..." 

"Hush now, Lo-... L-Little one." Roman bit his tongue as he forced on focusing on pulling Virgil's blanket up around him. "Just rest. Ok? Don't worry about a thing. I'm not going anywhere. I promise."