32

"Love, don't run off." Roman whined as he chased after Virgil who was just giggling as the three of them went through the woods. Remus watched with concern as Roman finally caught up, picking Virgil up who squealed. "I said don't run off." Roman laughed as he held Virgil close, his eyes shining brightly in response to just being close to his human.

"We would have already been at Kesher by this point." Remus growled lightly only slightly annoyed over having to go slowly because of Virgil. "Why did he have to come again? I thought it wasn't safe for him."

"I can't be without him." Roman frowned only to sigh as Virgil just hugged him.

"It's ok, Ro. You guys are much faster than I am." Roman smiled as he brushed the hair out of the other's eyes before glancing away in thought. "Kesher's not that far away."

"No, it's not." Roman and Remus both shared a look before all three were just standing there in silence. "Do you want to just split here? You'll work better without us slowing you down anyway, Remus." Remus nodded hesitantly before his eyes darted between the two.

"You sure, you both are going to be ok?" Virgil merely nodded as he hugged Roman closer.

"We'll be ok, bro. You go on." Roman gestured with a twitch of his head and Remus was gone in a blink making Virgil laugh. 

"Guess it's just us now." Roman smiled as he nodded letting Virgil pull himself out of the embrace. 

"Guess so."

"We're about a few miles from Kesher right?" Roman hummed in response as the two continued their path only for Virgil to glance around. "That puts us near Haveington just to the south of us. I think."

"That's correct..." Roman paused for a second giving the other a confused look. "Why?"

"There's an old abandoned base in Haveington." Roman's eyes lit up as Virgil smirked. "I was thinking we could go check it out."

"Abandoned? Is it safe?" Virgil laughed as he just took his vampire's hand and started towards their new destination. "Virgil?"

"Why wouldn't it be? Come on." Virgil teased as he let his hand slip from Roman's as he started to run off again making the vampire growl playfully.

"Oh, wow." Roman whispered as they walked up to the large cold-looking building. "When you spoke about bases..." Virgil's eyes darkened as he just nodded in understanding. "I wasn't expecting this."

"Just be happy this one's abandoned. Most bases tend to have a prison feel rather than just a mad science lab." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he made his way over to the garage. "I wonder if anyone came back for Black Trucks."

"The what now?" Virgil rolled his eyes as he put his hand to the machine making it zap and go haywire surprising Roman, whose eyes shot wide the second he felt the buzz of electricity. "Virgil? How did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Fry the thing!" Virgil frowned as he put his hand down and just shook his head. "Virg-..."

"Not now. Please? I'll tell you later." Virgil slowly slipped under the opening garage door making Roman tense for a second over not seeing him or knowing it if was safe. "Holy shit."

"What?" Roman followed after only to stop cold seeing the massive trucks before him. "Oh... Black trucks."

"This is what I'm talking about." Virgil giggled as he scrambled up the back and just beamed at all the boxes. He opened one up to see the explosive and just rolled his eyes. "Damn. Why would they just leave shit?" Another box held traps and another was filled with random junk needed for a camp. "They must have been setting up for a party when they had to run. It's not much but we should still take what we can. The trucks too. They're all-terrain. Trust me... useful."

"We can always come back for it. Right now, we're on recon. If we draw too much attention..." Virgil paused as Roman just stared at everything with a mix of awe and disgust. 

"Right." Virgil hoped off the back before making his way to this panel. Once again he put his hand to it watching it fry as Roman's eyes darkened. It sparked and crack as Virgil pushed the metal door open, snapping his fingers to watch the whole panel explode, effectively unlocking the door for good. "Come on."

"That electricity is quite useful." Roman muttered cautiously as Virgil just nodded with a grim look. 

"Amongst the other things I can do... yea... it is." Virgil threw his hand up causing a spark to explode out into the walls and ceiling, and the lights all burst to life. "Ey! Power! Wasn't sure if the place had it." Roman just watched as Virgil ran off again making his nerve go off on him.

"Hun?"

"Down here." Virgil called out as Roman made his way to this deeply tunneled staircase. "Upstairs is just for recreation for the most part. Rooms to talk and chat in case other humans stopped by. Can't let them see what really goes on. Hence... tunnel to hell." Virgil teased as he skipped down the steps making Roman panic and run after him.

"Virgil, wait. We don't know if it's stable." Roman called out desperately to get to his human JUST as the sound of something caught his attention. His eyes flashed scarlet, glowing brightly as he used his vampiric speed to grab Virgil and push them both into the actual 'base' just as the roof of the tunnel collapsed. "And that's why I said to wait." Roman growled slightly annoyed as Virgil stepped back, a look of panic in his eyes. Roman tried to hit the rubble but not even a dent, making him tense up at the realization. He was too weak to get them out of there. He was far too hungry and his strength had dropped too much. He couldn't get them both out.

"R-Ro?" Roman crashed as he turned back to Virgil and just held his shoulders to help calm him. "A-are we... Are we..."

"We'll be ok, Virgil. I get us out. You just focus on finding us a place to rest in the time being." Virgil's eyes glimmered with unshed tears as Roman smiled sadly. "It's going to ok, Love. Just look around ok? Rooms, food... anything that might be useful. Might as well take the time we were given to find what we can."

"W-what are y-you gonna d-do?"

"I'm going to get figure out a way to get us out so you don't have to worry. Now go, Love." Virgil hesitantly nodded before running off leaving Roman to crash into his waves of hunger. He should have eaten. He told Virgil he would try but he just... he couldn't and now they were stuck there because he couldn't just man up and eat. " Enough, Romulus." Roman snapped at himself as he shook himself out of his thought. "You have a job to do. You're a Roman... Don't be weak now."