69

"You do realize the first thing he's going to do when he realizes he can..." Remus chuckled lightly as he played with his brothers to help keep himself grounded instead of spiraling down his intrusive thoughts. "... is mate you." 

"REMUS!" The truck swerved suddenly as Remus cackled over the flush to Virgil's face. "Now is NOT the time!"

"Oh come on, Virgin... or should I say Soon-to-be-Ex-Virgin." Virgil gripped the steering wheel tightly as Janus shot him an apologetic glance. "You know it's true. The second he realizes that you two can be mates now he's going to mark you as his. There's nothing holding him back now."

"We are not talking about this right now. We just got out of..."

"You do know about Same gender relations in Ancient Roma right?" Virgil growled as he forced himself to take a deep breath since it was clear Remus was not dropping the subject. He was clearly doing this for a reason probably to distract them all, so Virgil really didn't mind that. He just wished he had found a different subject. Virgil frowned as he suddenly realized the question he had been asked, glancing back in the rearview to see the smirk Remus was giving him, only to pale at just what he was implying.

"REMUS?!"

"Being a bottom is a big no-no in Roma... do you know what that means?" Virgil flushed badly as this heat filled his entire body drowning out his thoughts as he forced himself to focus on the road. "He's going to dominate the shit out of you."

"We are not talking about Roman and I having sex!"

"Of course not. We're talking about my brother going full gladiator on your ass... and your dick... in bed." 

"Remus, enough." Janus shot the vampire a look making Remus whine with a pout as he just looked away like a disciplined child. 

"R-Right now..." Virgil choked out his words as he tried to hide the unfortunate stammer he had made. "Right now we need to focus on getting far enough away from the base to regroup. We still have our mission but with Ro-... SHIT, HOLD ON!" Virgil spun the wheel as fast as he could sending the truck spinning out into a ditch. Remus clutched his brother as tight as he could as everyone braced for impact. The car alarm went off as the airbags deployed making Virgil snap and bite them in anger over everything. As they deflated he quickly helped to get Janus's bag down before looking back to see if Remus and Roman were ok. "Is everyone alive?" Virgil forced a laugh as Remus groaned over the headache he had gotten.

"What the flying dick fucks happened?" Virgil grimaced as he shook his head, helping to make sure Janus was ok, who was currently disoriented. Remus hissed as he did the same to Roman who was still unconscious in his lap.

"I thought I saw a dog... or a wolf or... something. It was just sitting there in the road." Virgil glanced around trying to figure out what to do only to jump as something jumped onto the hood of his truck. Remus screeched as several others jumped into the bed of the truck. Virgil growled protectively only for Janus to hold his hand out stopping the newborn vampire from attacking them. 

"Don't..." The driver's side door was forced open as this man bent down to look in with shifted canine eyes and Janus smiled. "They're wolves."

"Sorry for the trouble." The man laughed as the vampires slowly dragged themselves out of the truck. "We thought you were hunters getting to close to our territory."

"No, it... It's my fault." Virgil smiled softly as he eyes Remus closely who was cradling Roman close. "I'm not familiar with territory lines. I didn't know I was getting too close." The man glanced between the three of them before shaking his head and crossing his arms.

"So which one of you is the one in charge..."

"I am." Virgil quickly cut in with his hand slightly raised, making Remus falter. Considering age and family, technically Remus would have fallen into the leadership role but Virgil knew the more rambunctious twin hated the responsibility with a passion. And given how Janus was currently trying to hide behind the newborn Virgil realized pretty quickly which one of them was going to have to take charge with Roman out of commission. The man's eyes darkened as Virgil let his hand fall with a determined look in his eyes. "Is there going to be a problem with that?"

"Yes, actually. I'm sorry to say... I do not do business with newborns." Remus sighed as he took a step forward only to freeze as Virgil laughed making all the Lupin tense up. The man's eyes darkened only for Virgil to suddenly have him in an arm lock. Virgil held the man's wrist tight behind him but in a position where it didn't cause any pain just looked uncomfortable, with his other arms wrapped closely around his neck. The Lupin Leader's eyes just narrowed slightly in confusion as Virgil smiled seeing how all the lupin around them went into an attack stance.

"Virgil, don't. It's fine-..." Remus went to say only for Virgil to growl making the older vampire submit shocking the wolf in Virgil's arms immensely.

"You seem to think age equals experience. And in some cases, you'd be right." Virgil lulled with a growl into the wolf's ear. "But experience in of itself... trauma... they don't have an age. The things I've learned and have gone through are what you should be focusing on. That the fact that I was just turned. After all... You don't know the circumstances of WHY I was turned... do you?" The man just shook his head as he held his free hand up enough to tell the others to stand down.

"You still reek of another vampire's blood. You've only been a vampire for a little over a day now." Virgil's smirk only grew as he leaned in further practically resting his chin on the man's shoulder. 

"Yet here we are... with a stolen Hunters truck... and an unconscious vampire... Why is that?" The man's eyes shot wide as Virgil finally let him go before glaring him down with this anger he had kept hidden for so long. "Do not underestimate my ability and strength on my age. Measure it with the scars I have... The nightmares... the tricks I've learned to survive... I am not weak. I am not a helpless newborn. Don't make that mistake again." The man simply nodded as he stepped back and bowed his head slightly making Janus's eyes widen in awe over the chief actually submitting to Virgil.

"I can assure you it won't."

"Good." Virgil let out a deep breath as he smiled softly, relaxing a bit more now that the initial tension was over. "Now... If it isn't too much to ask... We need somewhere to rest." 

"Follow me. You'll be safe at our camp." Virgil's eyes lit up as he nodded gratefully to the chief who gestured for them all to follow. "It's not far from here."

"Thank you."