92

TW~ Kidnapping

December 19th. Virgil's birthday... The young royal didn't really know what he wanted to do. He never really celebrated his birthday. Despite Harman going out of his way to make sure the day went nicely, it was still just another day. That's why he went all out and decked out the throne room to be a ball just for his love and son. 

Music played bouncing off the walls as Virgil hummed and danced about in thought. With everything that's been going on between them all what with the war and Roman's oncoming death, Virgil just wanted to help everyone relax. That's what he wanted for his birthday. His family to be happy. Yesterday was night... playing in the snow together, but today... today wasn't just about letting loose and playing... Virgil wanted to give Roman a night like their wedding. 

"My love?" Virgil spun around finding Roman standing there clearly confused making Virgil laugh.

"I wasn't done setting up!" Virgil pouted playfully making Roman speed over to holding him, a gust of wind sending sparkles and confetti flying through the air.

"And what per se were you setting up for?" Roman teased as he gently swayed to the music. Virgil melted into his embrace just letting Roman take the lead.

"Just what it looks like, Hun. You... Me... Quin..." Virgil purred as Roman gently spun him around before wrapping his arms securely around his waist. "A personal ball... just for us."

"My love, every moment is a ball with you. My heart sings every time you so much as look my way." Virgil blushed as Roman dipped him, just staring into those eyes with such emotion. "You are still the very gift I cherish from the gods."

"I love you so much, Roman." Roman gently helped Virgil back up and against his chest as he kissed him softly. Their bond exploded with such emotion as the air turned into a show of light and shadow.

"Will you please tell me the occasion for such a ball?" Roman whispered as his eyes fluttered open again just melting into everything he was feeling through the bond. "You wouldn't do this for no reason."

"There is no reason. I just wanted to do something special for you all." Roman frowned slightly as Virgil looked away, practically hiding himself away in the older chest. 

"Love, please. You can tell me anything. You know this."

"Really, Roman. It's just..." Virgil sighed as he looked back up to see the concern in his husband's eyes. "It's just that it's December 19th." Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion making Virgil chuckle a bit.

"What's so special about December 19th?"

"Nothing. That's the point." Virgil teased as he stepped away to go back to his decorating. "Do you mind going to get Quin? I want to finish up while you do-... Roman." Virgil whined playfully as Roman literally swept him off his feet spinning him around with a soft look in his eyes.

"What's so special about December 19th?"

"Nothing..."

"Virgil." Roman cut him off as he set Virgil back on his feet, pressing his forehead against the others. "Please? What's so special about today? Don't lie to me..."

"It's my birthday." Roman froze stiff as Virgil mumbled quietly. " Hunters don't celebrate the day they're born so... I thought maybe I would celebrate my family instead."

"It's your birthday?" Virgil nodded seeing the tears building in Roman's eyes. "Today... Today is the day the love of my life was born." Virgil chuckled softly as he nodded again visibly seeing the moment it all truly hit Roman and he fell into that pit of love growing in the bond. "I love you. I love you." Roman plastered sweet kisses about Virgil's cheek until finally connecting their lips again and purring into the other. "Please let me get everyone. Remus... Janus... Patton and Logan... They'd want to be here too. It's your birthday love. It deserves to be celebrated."

"But the hunters-..."

"You are the most important person in my life. You and Quin both... Knowing today is the day the gods put you on this earth makes it so very important to me. You might not celebrate it. And I won't make it a huge scene if that's what you want, but please love... let me at least celebrate it a bit?" Virgil smiled seeing how absolutely in love Roman was and all he wanted was to make his king happy. "Please?"

"Ok. But nothing huge. Just get the others well have a little party."

"THANK YOU!" Roman yelled before racing off in a blur. Virgil just rolled his eyes as he teleported over to the food table and laughed.

"I love him so much." Virgil whispered to himself before just staring off blankly at nothing the reality of everything once again hitting him hard. "Why do I have to lose him?"

"Good Night, Filius Meus." Roman whispered out as he pressed a kiss to Quin's forehead. It was late into the darkened night when the party had finally ended. Roman and Virgil danced together the entire time just basking in their love. They all had their fun. Remus of course spiked the punch with blood AND booze but no one was really complaining. Quin wasn't drinking the punch anyway. *My Son.*

"Love you, Bud." Virgil added as the two slowly crept out of the room, letting the door click shut behind them. Virgil couldn't help but smile. It was a good day. He was glad Roman had convinced him to invite everyone. They were all his family after all. "I'm going to take a walk before bed. Why don't you go wait for me there? You look as tired as our son." Virgil teased, gently brushing Roman's hair back.

"You won't take too long?" Virgil laughed as he gave his love a small kiss.

"Wouldn't dream of it. Goodnight, Hun." Roman purred as he kissed Virgil one last time before pulling away.

"Goodnight, My love." Virgil watched as Roman staggered sleepily towards their room, with a small smile on his face before turning around and making his way to the gardens.

Virgil took a deep breath of the crisp night air and just melted into it. He let his mind wander to everything he'd been through in his life. With every step, he took his mind flashed images of when he was younger, to his first month with Roman... to now. So many things had changed. He really didn't know what to think about it all. He knew Roman was right. All the shit they've gone through was what led them to this night, dancing there in the throne room as happy as can be. He didn't want any of it to end. He didn't want to bliss to darken. Unfortunately, as he bent over to gently caress a lovely red rose, the future had other plans.

Virgil felt the rag get placed over his mouth and nose as he desperately tried not to breathe, only for the silver to affect him. He found himself crashing to the dirt as this familiar face knelt down with a very guilty smile. 

"I'm sorry, Son." Tears spilled from Virgil's eyes as the silver cuffs dug into his skin. "Just sleep. It'll be less pain full that way." The rag went over his mouth and nose again and this time he couldn't stop himself from taking that breathe...

He was helpless as the black took over.