72

Roman stood there, arms wrapped around his love, as he glared the base down with this fire in his glowing eyes. He knew it wasn't the base they had escaped from. Virgil, Remus, and Janus had all explained exactly what had gone down as Roman struggled to remember what exactly had happened. To be honest, all he could remember after Virgil 'died' was this numbness... then... Then rage... bloodlust. 

The same bloodlust he felt now burning through him, urging him forward to drown every single hunter with their own blood.

He thought he hated hunters before... his hatred for them now... could not be put to words.

"Are you sure about this, My love?" Roman whispered feeling the way Virgil shook in his arms, thinking it was fear. Virgil's eyes filled with this crazed look as he smiled and just nodded, his own bloodlust pulling him under fast. The only reason he hasn't attacked yet was because Roman still had his arms around him keeping him planted in that spot. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Roman, Love... My butterfly..." Roman's eyes sparked slightly at the nicknames only to fill with confusion noticing the purred raspy tone his love had. Virgil moved Roman's arms till he was practically restraining himself. "I'm gonna need you to hold me back."

"Virg-..."

"All I want to do is tare through them all." Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil growled out with a near-psychotic look in his eyes. "I want to drain them... drain them all." Roman tensed as he strengthened his hold on his love noticing how Virgil twitched clearly about to move. "Th-Thanks."

"Virgil..." Roman hesitated in his question not wanting to cause any trouble but... Virgil frowned as he glanced back having felt Roman's fear through the bond. 

"Just ask. It's ok."

"Have you fed?" Virgil nodded making Roman crash into him, relief filling his body completely. "You... You've fed. You fed so... I don't... I don't have to worry?"

"Roman, I've drunk blood even before I was turned." Roman blinked in confusion as Virgil smiled back at him. "I was having urges too. I was trying to tell you, you didn't have to worry but... You wouldn't listen. So I gave up." 

"You..." Virgil nodded as he turned to look back at the base just waiting for the go-ahead so he could run in and attack the fuckers. His sanguine rage was beginning to get to him bad. "When? How?"

"It was another symptom of having so much venom in me. I realized after I turned... All that venom... it made me more vampire than we thought. The blood... your... your blood..." Virgil could feel the way Roman hugged him closer, the pain blossoming through the bond for the both of them. "There wasn't much it had to change to turn me. There wasn't anything left for my body to reject. I can't be certain the result would have been the same if she had used a different vampire's blood but... Your blood didn't have to kill anything off in me because I was already mostly vampire thanks to your venom."

"And the urges?"

"They weren't bad. NOTHING like they are now... but it did help me to get used to the idea of them." Roman buried his head into Virgil's neck as the younger smiled and melted into the embrace. "Logan knew. When he came to find me... the day I told you I was dying... He found me in the back of the kitchen with a cup of it. I think... I think he knew I was going to turn. I tried... Tried to get you to-..."

"I was wrong." Roman's voice cracked as Virgil gripped his arms like a vice. "I was wrong. I'm sorry." Roman shook his head before curling around Virgil to keep him as close as he could. "I had changed my mind. When you were saying goodbye, I had changed my mind. I realized my world would be nothing without you. I realized... If I lost you... I would die. I couldn't do it. I couldn't let you leave me. I had changed my mind." Roman squeezed his eyes shut as he desperately tried to stave off the agony he was feeling. "I... I was going to turn you but... I couldn't because of the hunters. I knew if I tried they would have stopped me and you would have gotten hurt."

"You... You were going to..." Roman nodded as he pressed a very shakey kiss to Virgil's neck.

"I couldn't lose you, Love. I couldn't... but..." Roman choked as he held Virgil tighter. "I felt you die. I felt your heart give out. I felt it. How... I don't understand how you're here with me, Love. But I'm not going to let it slip past my fingers again." Virgil smiled as he noticed how Roman moved his fingers a bit. He gently interlaced his own making Roman purr against him as the two stood there, fingers locked, in such a loving embrace. "I begged the gods to help and yet again they have given such a miracle. I am humbled by their love of you and how they put you in my path. I don't even know how I'd ever repay them."

"We can start by giving your father..." Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil chuckled a bit, the bloodlust shining in his eyes. "...something to watch." Virgil glanced over to Nicholaus who only nodded making Virgil's grin grow. "It's time."

"You know, I was right about one thing." Roman chuckled as the two swayed a bit. "Bloodlust is a VERY good look on you, Cor meum."

"Good." Virgil growled lowly as his eyes glowed even brighter. "Because you're going to be seeing a lot of it." Virgil winked before disappearing as the wolves all howled signaling the start and Roman eyes lit up like a fire.

"Mors ad omnes." Roman smirked menacingly as he looked up at the sky to see the storm rolling in. Lightning lit up everything as he pointed to the base causing it all to strike down setting the place ablaze. 

"You ready?" Remus whispered as he placed a hand on Roman's shoulder. Roman just nodded with a slightly crazed giggle.

"Can't let my mate have all the fun." Roman spun around to give his brother a look making Remus roll his eyes. "Mars would be proud."

"Father would tell us to get our asses in gear and act like real soldiers." Roman shrugged before disappearing right alongside Virgil, as Remus shuddered before let out a soft little laugh. "Mars really would be proud. Let's go fight a war then, shall we?"