Virgil groaned as he pushed past the fog of sleep. He blinked, the room spinning slightly as his eyes adjusted to the new vision improvement from the added venom. Added venom... Virgil paled as he slowly got up, spotting a mirror off to the side. He stumbled, his body weakened at the start, as he shakily made his way over to it. 

His heart dropped seeing that large thick stip of pure white through his hair as if he ran a thick coating of paint through it. He blinked his eyes subtly glowing, taking him by surprise at the very dull light it created off his skin. He had enough violet in his eyes to make his naturally light blue eyes look like a light faded heather blue. It would only get worse from here. Virgil had made his mind up... and he wasn't about to back out now. He knew the consequences of his choice but... He was NOT going to let Roman starve. 

The door creaked open only slightly, the soft sound a near jab at his ears, causing Virgil to jerk back to see Roman in the doorway with tears in his eyes. Within an instant, Roman had Virgil in his arms as he sobbed out broken apologies and pleads for forgiveness. Virgil just smiled sadly as he let himself relax into his love.

"I'm so sorry, Virgil. If I wasn't so hungry, none of that would have happened. I just..."

"Shh... Roman, I'm fine." Virgil chuckled softly as Roman pulled away, only for those sad red eyes to darken even more. Virgil's smile turned a bit sad as he watched Roman run his fingers through his hair, no doubt staring so sadly at the white strip through it. "Roman... I'm fine. I promise. It's normal." Roman's eyes only narrowed as if in question, the vampire's fingers never leaving his hair. "It's a symptom of the venom in my blood." Roman whimpered, his hand instantly moving to where he knew he had bitten the human. Virgil just gazed sadly into his eyes as he held Roman's hand against him. "I'm ok, Roman. Just because my hair and eye color changed a little... it's not a symptom you should worry about."

"I bit you." Virgil sighed as Roman whined out so guiltily. "I said I wouldn't and I did... again. I've fed from you now 4 times? That's not including the incident when you were just a boy. Virgil... I'm sorry. With you, I just can't seem to control myself. I try but... I still end up breaking..."

"Roman, I wanted you to. It wasn't your fault..."

"I still fed from you even after I said I wouldn't. I lost control just like I knew I would. I thought I took too much." Virgil's eyes widened in realization as Roman choked on his air. "What if I had taken too much?"

"In control or not... I know you well enough to know that won't happen. You've pulled back many times because of the bond, and that's not just going to go away. So, for as long as you listen to the bond... You won't hurt me. You can't hurt me. Remember that... trust yourself." Roman slowly relaxed as Virgil tried to brush his tears away. "Trust yourself... like I trust you, with or without the bond. You have a lot of self-control, Roman. If I didn't make myself bleed you never would've frenzied and nothing would have happened. This... This is on me and me alone. Understand."

"Yeah... I do." Virgil smiled as he leaned against Roman again.

"Good." Virgil hummed in thought as his eyes darted around. Roman gently nuzzled into him holding him loosely in his grasp as he just melted into the embrace making Virgil chuckle. "Hey, Ro?" Roman hummed in response his eyes closed and subtle blush to his cheeks. "Where are we?"

"Lawrence." Virgil's eyes widened as Roman whispered with such a soft purr. "We're in a town called Lawrence. A doctor took us in to check you over."

"Lawrence is so far from Haveington though. Roman..." Virgil whined as he hugged Roman closer, only making the other smile more. "You didn't have to do all that."

"I was scared, Virgil. I thought I took too much. I didn't want you getting sick." Roman tensed subtly as he forced himself to back up and look the other over again. "Are you sure that you're ok?" Virgil simply nodded as Roman smiled more just completely overtaken by relief. "Can you walk?"

"Roman, I told you I'm ok."

"I was just making sure." Virgil laughed as he nodded again making Roman light up. "That's good." Virgil quirked a brow as Roman took his hand and started leading him out of the room. "You need to eat."

"As much as I love having you take care of me and all..." Virgil started as the two walked into the living room. He spotted the two over on the couch and tense feeling that sudden buzz burn in him. His eyes narrowed as they both jumped up the second they saw them. "Why?" was all Virgil said as he glared back at the other two, who were eyeing Roman as if some monster, making them frown in confusion at how Virgil clung closer to his vampire. Roman just laughed completely unaware of the little stare down the three had as he nudged Virgil over towards the table.

"You need to eat to get strength back up, Sweetheart." Virgil smiled softly as Roman hummed in thought. "Why don't I make you something this time? I don't want you overexerting yourself." Virgil rolled his eyes playfully as Roman started to roll his sleeves up.

"You're a king... last time I check you're not supposed to do anything for me." Virgil teased making Roman's smile fall badly. Roman leaned against the counter with tears in his eyes as Virgil just chuckled softly. "We're supposed to dote on you, Your highness. Not the other way around."

"You passed out, Virgil." Virgil tensed hearing the strain in Roman's voice as the other clearly forced his words through his teeth. "Forgive me for just wanting to make sure you're ok." Virgil jumped up and quickly walked over, seeing how his vampire was shaking. He hugged him from behind making Roman tense in his arms, his tears spilling the second he was in the other's arms.

"You didn't hurt me." Virgil could feel that buzz around him again but he chose to ignore it in favor of calming his love down. "You didn't want to. I coaxed you into feeding remember?" Roman sighed as he relaxed against Virgil's chest letting his eyes slip shut. "You were starving. We were stuck underground. I didn't want YOU getting hurt."

"Virgil..."

"No, Roman, listen to me. It's not your fault any of that happened. I am happy you fed ok? I wanted you to. So just... Breathe? Please? We're both ok now. There isn't anything to worry about." Roman just nodded as he took a deep breath and just gestured for Virgil to sit back down. "Are you sure? You really don't have to, Ro..." Roman rolled his eyes as he started to grab things to cook with making Virgil chuckled again as he stepped back. "Again... You have people whose literal job is to cook your food. How do you even know how to cook?" Virgil joked making Roman stop and shoot him a silly look. 

"I'm over 2,700 years old and a shepherd's son for most of my human life. I know how to cook."

"Damn, Babes!" The two of them both jumped back to see the two from the living room standing there in the doorway. The one in the dark maroon leather jacket and faded brown to pink sunglasses just smirked as he pulled the glasses up into his black hair. "You're seriously old."