35

"You're ok, My love." Roman mumbled softly as he carried Virgil far away from that base. He didn't really know where he was going. He just wanted a place to get some help. He ignored the tears that fell from his eyes as he cradled Virgil against his chest. He didn't know how long he had been walking, but exhaustion was nowhere to be found. He kept trekking along only to notice lights in the distance. He felt this buzz rocket through him the second he passed this border but he didn't let that discourage him. He needed to find Virgil some help. He continued on only to flinch as a flashlight shined directly into his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" The voice asked coldly, making Roman's chest twinge with anxiety. He couldn't see the person as he cringed under the bright shine of the light but he could tell it was a masculine voice at least. "Answer the question. What is your purpose?"

"My friend." The light dipped if only slightly, letting Roman see a lean masculine figure. "He needs help. I was hoping there was a doctor." The light dropped completely letting Roman finally get a good look at the person in front of him. He was his tall, lean, man with light brown hair. He wore a sweater vest and khaki, glasses lining his eyes in nice black frames. The scowl on his face however was just as apparent and Roman knew he might have a problem. But... As long as Virgil got the help he needed he didn't care at all.

"My name is Emile Picani." Roman tensed at the cold tone as he held Virgil closer to him protectively. "I am the doctor here."

"Can you please help my friend? Please?" Roman's eyes started to glow from his turbulent emotions, his mind in a tizzy. "I don't mind paying whatever the cost. Just please?"

"Follow me." Roman's beamed as he quickly followed along not even caring about the sudden speed at first until he was right beside the doctor. Emile's eyes only darkened as he glanced over the two, eyes filled with an almost disdain. "Do not cause any trouble."

"I just want my friend to be taken care of. That's all." 

Roman sat there in the chair off to the side, his red eyes watching every movement the doctor made, as he tried to ignore the pain. Emile glanced over Virgil with a worried frown, his focus looking for anything that could have caused it. He had a sneaking suspicion considering who was watching him like a hawk. Yet when he checked his vitals and searched for any clear indication of extreme blood loss he found nothing. He glanced over at the man sitting silently before whispering out an incantation making Roman jolt up in shock. Roman withheld the growl that wanted to tear through him the second the doctor started the spell, but his worry for Virgil overpowered that possessiveness. This was a doctor and Roman HAD to trust him. 

"It wasn't blood loss." Emile's eyes shined pink as he let the spell overtake him. He needed to see just how much blood was taken, to which he was surprised to notice was not as much as he would have thought. "Whatever caused him to pass out... it wasn't from blood loss." ROman's eyes shot wide in surprise as the doctor glared at him. "I can't figure out what it is that's wrong with him. If he's sick... It's nothing I've seen before. That being said his vitals are fine. He should wake up by tomorrow morning."

"I... I don't under..." Roman shook his head as he just nodded. "Thank you, Doctor."

"What exactly happened?" Roman tensed up as he curled into his hands. Emile growled quietly under his breath as he just stared down at the poor man on his table. "You fed on clearly... vampires. " Roman flinched at the cold tone as Emile flat out calls him out. "You're lucky I took an oath to help everyone. Otherwise, I would have left you for the hunters."

"I do not care about my own wellbeing at the moment. My first and only concern is my friend." Emile's eyes darkened seeing how Roman just sat there dazed, still just watching over Virgil.

"If you cared about him... you wouldn't have drunk his blood in the first place." Roman just laughed as he leaned back into the chair, his exhaustion finally getting to him. He smiled sadly as he shook his head. 

"I really didn't want to." Emile tensed as Roman met his gaze with a very dazed and confused smile. "Are you sure I didn't take too much? I don't understand what else could have happened."

"It wasn't from blood loss." Roman's eyes darkened immensely with concern as he deflated into the chair.

"If it wasn't my fault then... Why did Virgil pass out?" Roman's voice shook as tried to work through everything but he didn't understand it. He knew Virgil wasn't sick. He couldn't have been. Virgil's blood tasted fine. There was no indication he had any natural illnesses at all. Why did he pass out?

"I have two room's back at my place you two are able to stay while he recovers." Emile forced out through his teeth as Roman just smiled understanding the hostility. "Do not cause any trouble, Vampire."

"If your concerned about any townsfolk I swear to you will not harm them. I will not feed on them. I will not even interact with them should that appease you. I'm only here for Virgil and that is all." Emile grunted in acknowledgment as he let Roman carefully walk over and pick Virgil up in his arms. Despite the hostility, even Emile had to notice the emotion Roman had in his expression and he smiled fondly down at the man in his arms. "You're going to ok, My love." Emile tensed, his eyes flashing a bit as Roman whispered softly. "You're going to be ok."

"Let's go. The sooner he's resting comfortably in a warm bed the better and faster he's going to heal."