7

TW~ Slight choking, Massive amounts of pain, and Virgil wanting to commit unlive rather than go back to the castle

Twigs and rocks nipped at his ankles as he ran. The sun beat down onto him as he tore through the foliage. His heart hammered in his chest. He wasn't going to let this opportunity pass him. He left his book. He left his hoodie even, but his mind wouldn't let him dare miss an article of clothing now. Not when freedom was just in the horizon. 

He ducked under a tree but did not stop. He knew the second his disappearance was noted vampires would be sent after him. You can't hide or run from them. The only chance Virgil had was to keep moving while he had the chance. The farther he got the more seconds he had to slip by them.

He tripped, his ankle twisting just right to elicit a whimper through the lips he bit down to keep from crying. He had to keep moving... keep running... keep going. Don't stop. Stop and it's over.

He forced himself up ignoring the throb and sparks of pain dulled down only slightly by the adrenaline coursing through his blood. He stumbled as he ran but did not let that deter him as his mind focused solely on the escape. He didn't know where he was or in what direction he was head, but that didn't matter. One more step meant farther away from the beast that could drain him for dead.

He tumbled through the brush, tripping on the roots of the trees around him only to freeze. The roar of water beat down on his ears as the scent of it all wrapped around him. A waterfall? Virgil slowly glanced up to see the cliff edge just before him. A large waterfall sent the stream adjacent to the cliff careening into the lake below them. The water sprayed into the mist creating a subtle rainbow that chilled the air like a soft calming breeze. The breeze did nothing to calm the human however as Virgil's eyes locked onto those familiar red ones staring back at him from mere steps ahead. 

"Are we playing hide and seek now, Pet?" Roman lulled through the air with such a suggestive tone that made his rich foreign accent practically purr through the sound of rushing water. His eyes shined as he smirked deviously his fangs glinting in the sunlight cascading through the trees. "You know I'll always catch you." Virgil flinched, his flight or fight kicking in, as he suddenly shot up and intended on running back the way he came, only...

"Ah, ah, ah... My sweet." Roman appeared directly in front of him as the human turned around. Roman just cooed softly as he brushed Virgil's hair back, an action that although looked kind made Virgil's body twitch in fear. "Be a good little pet and come home." Roman's smile widened as he leaned in taking a deep breath of that oh so intoxicating scent he was addicted to. "Lest we have to put a bell on you."

"I'M NOT A FUCKING PET!" Virgil shoved the vampire back, startling him out of his mind just in time to see Virgil run at the falls. 

"VIRGIL!" Virgil attempted to jump off the cliff only for Roman to catch him seconds later, wrapping his strong arms around the smaller, as he pulled him back with a very shaky growl on his lips. "ARE YOU INSANE?!" Virgil struggled endlessly as Roman pulled him further away from the cliff edge his panic raging through him worse than the rapids behind him. "Why the hell would you try to jump of the-..."

"You're all monsters!" Virgil whined as he desperately tried to escape, ignoring the very sharp jerk Roman made at the words Virgil said. Roman growled as whipped the human, his eyes a bright scarlet as his hand went to Virgil's neck to hold him steady. Virgil's eyes widened and dilated with fear as Roman snarled clearly pissed off.

"You should really watch your tongue, Love." Virgil laughed as he felt his body go stiff on him from the hand around his throat.

"Why?" Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil forced himself to look away. "Because you'll cut it out?" Roman snapped growled ragefully as he bared his fangs in anger. "Just because you haven't killed me yet doesn't mean shit in the end."

"I can't kill you." Virgil rolled his eyes as Roman forced those words past his clenched jaw.

"You say that but sooner or later the only thing I'm going to be is a walking food bag." Roman tensed, his whole body twitching on him as if he was shocked from head to toe. Virgil's eyes teared up unaware of the strain in the vampire, who was desperately trying NOT to let the pain in him overtake him. "You don't care. You can't care. You will kill me. And if you don't someone else will. That's just how you fuckers ar-..." Virgil's words cut out as he felt Roman's hand clench tighter around him cutting off his air. Roman just stared blankly at nothing the pain in him rocketing in waves as his own tears built up in him. He whimpered soundlessly as Virgil kicked against him. Virgil's eyes bugged as his hands went to the vampire's wrist, clawing at him as his lungs begged for air. "R-Ro-..." He choked as he hit against the other's arm only for Roman's eyes to shoot wide as he suddenly fell to the ground in shock. Roman's entire body felt like this electrical current blazed through him. His hand went to his own throat feeling the soreness and the way his own lungs burned in him. He didn't understand what was going on with him. Virgil just laughed through his gasping breaths making Roman flinch at the sound. "I thought you couldn't kill me." 

"I-I... I can't..." Roman's heart completely shattered seeing the way the human just stared at the ground, on his hands and knees, just deflated and accepting. "I can't kill you. I don't kno-..."

"I'm surprised you even stopped." Virgil whispered softly as he glanced up past Roman, his eyes set with a determination Roman did not like.

"Virgil, I can't kill you. I can't. I don't know what-... NO!" Virgil took off running again, darting right past Roman for the falls. Roman appeared right before him stopping him yet again making Virgil freeze up at the tears cascading down the vampire's dark cheeks. "You can't. You can't..." Roman winced at the pain skyrocketing through him as he held his hands out to block Virgil from jumping. "A fall from this height WILL kill you."

"Better to die by nature than at the hands of monsters like you." Roman's body completely crashed as Virgil hissed out at him. "I would rather jump and take my chances than EVER give you the opportunity to drain me." Roman's arms slowly dropped to his sides as everything finally completely broke in him. His tears only fell harder as Virgil looked around for an escape. "I am not going to let you monsters kill me."

"I'm sorry." Virgil jumped as Roman suddenly had him in his hands again. His eyes locked onto those pain-filled watery scarlet eyes as Roman gently held his chin up to keep him from looking away. Virgil tensed feeling the pressure push at his mind until everything melted away. It was just him and Roman and that need to listen. Roman smiled sadly as he brushed Virgil's hair back, this time a much softer sentiment as he let out a shuddering breath. "Go back to the castle. Go to your room and go to sleep." Virgil just blinked before pulling himself out of Roman's grasp and walking away to do just as the vampire had told him to. Once the human was far out of sight Roman broke down. His tears never ended as he fell to his knees and just curled up at all the pain he felt. His heart, to which was dead and unbeating, hurt as if someone had taken it and put it through a blender. He felt as if he got ran over by a car, which sad as it was, he did in fact know how that felt. He was being torn apart from the inside out. "What is happening to me?"