82

"Where's Roman?" Virgil asked hesitantly as he popped into the study seeing Patton and Logan going over last-second things before the wedding. Logan just quirked a brow as the younger frowned in confusion.

"You and Roman have a blood bond with each other. You can both locate the whereabouts of the other whenever you want. Why are you asking us?" Virgil groaned as he leaned against the wall like a child.

"Because sometimes it's better to ask than just invade in his privacy. What if he wanted it to be a secret?" Patton giggled as he gave the other a reassuring smile. "I just... I'm concerned. I haven't seen him all day and I know the stupid tradition of not seeing each other before the wedding but..."

"I assure you, he isn't avoiding you in any way. You both agreed to forgo that tradition. He's in the garden." Virgil's eyes lit up as Logan nodded and gestured for the other to scurry off. "Most likely giving an offering to his gods."

"Oh!" Virgil beamed as he spun around for the door only to laugh. "Thank you!"

"It's no problem, Kiddo. Just remember. You both need to be back here at least an hour before the wedding. We still need to do your hair!" Virgil giggled as he ran off not caring for a single second about the speed he was going at. He focused in on the bond feeling the pure joy and love Roman was feeling and melted as he followed it all the way to this little alcove hidden away under the vines and flowers. Roman was knelt down before this altar, his eyes closed, as herbs burned in a little dish. There were Iris flowers and roses. Virgil couldn't help but smile. He noticed right away all the little offerings that littered the table clearly meant for,  who Virgil could tell, the Roman Goddess of Marriage... Juno, although Virgil also knew she was the goddess of many other things as well just as her greek counterpart as well.

"May I make an offering?" Roman's eyes opened at the sound of his voice and you could see the pure emotion in the older vampire's eyes. "Juno... right?"

"Among other gods. I've been coming here for several days now." Virgil nodded as he knelt down beside his groom, who passed him some coins, making Virgil laugh a bit at the symbolism. Virgil gently placed them on the alter closing his eyes and sending a soft prayer up to the gods as Roman watched him with a very soft look. "I've been thanking them... for you."

"You needn't have to my love. If anyone should be grateful... it's me." Virgil sighed softly as he took Roman's hand in his. "You saved me, in more ways than one. The fact that... I can call you mine... That's the greatest gift I had ever received."

"You took the words right from me, my dear." Roman lulled as he leaned against him with a soft breath. Virgil laughed as he glanced around the alter noticing the roses and apples, making him quirk a brow at the other. 

"Who else were you making offerings to?" Roman smirked as he shook his head as placing a soft kiss on the other's lips.

"Don't you worry about that, My love. Now..." Roman beamed as he slowly stood up and stretched, careful not to mess with any of the flora around them as to disturb the altar. "We should get back to the castle. There's still something I have to do before the wedding."

"Same." Virgil mumbled before stopping and just staring at his groom in confusion. "Wait what are you doing? I thought we said no surprises."

"We did." Roman laughed as he carefully led Virgil down the pathway back towards the castle. "But when do I ever listen?"

"Roman!" Virgil whined softly before the other kissed him lightly on the hair. "No surprises."

"Says the man who also stated he had something to do." Virgil blushed before quickly looking away only making Roman laugh more. They made it to the back doors when Roman finally stopped them both with this sparkle in his eyes. "Trust me, my love... this is very important to me. Besides..." Roman pulled the other close as he stared into those violet eyes with such emotion. "This surprise... it's for you and you alone. You needn't worry about the wedding..." Roman teased lightly as he leaned in ghosting his lips against the other. "Just what comes after." Virgil pulled the other into a kiss, to which Roman instantly gave up control, surprising Virgil a bit who pulled away with this look in his eyes. Roman just laughed as he pecked his lips one last time before stepping away completely and gesturing towards the door. "After you..."

"Oh, such a gentleman." Virgil shot him a look as he stuck his tongue out playfully.

"You're right, I should go first." Roman teased back making Virgil laugh who just shook his head and walked off to find Patton. Roman watched with this lost look in his eyes. His mind went back to the altar and burning the herbs for Juno and Venus both. He smiled as he remembered the flurry of wind around him as he placed the apples and roses for Venus and Cupid, praying for their blessing in the coming night. He wanted everything to be special. His love was the most important thing to him and he wanted to show him just how much he meant to him. Tonight... Tonight Roman fully prepared to give himself over. That's why he was at the altar. He was praying for their marriage to be a blessed one. He was thanking the gods for everything... and he was asking for support in his endeavor. His surprise... 

He was going to prove to Virgil just who it was Roman belonged to.

Roman's eyes glowed brightly as he took a deep breath and just radiated happiness. He knew Virgil could feel it through the bond just as Roman could feel his. Neither one cared. All that mattered was each other and today... today was the start of all their wishes coming true... Roman couldn't wait.