75

Warning~ This chapter might cause immense second-hand embarrassment as Roman and Remus are having a conversation about... ehem... which part of the bunk bed a certain royal might want.

Roman stood there off to the side, watching his love work through a treaty with the wolves... and he couldn't be happier. It wasn't as if he was dropping all his royal duties and dumping it all on Virgil... Virgil had stepped up on his own and took charge. Roman was beyond proud of him and just enthralled over how capable his love was in a position of power. It just proved all the more that Virgil was meant to be put in his path... that they were made for each other and Roman melted every time he thought about it.

"As far as mates go..." Roman smiled more as Remus walked up beside him with a shine in his eyes knowing exactly who Roman was staring at. "I have to admit... you could have chosen worse."

"To me... He was the best." Remus smiled seeing how happy his brother was.

"I'm glad your happy, Roman. You deserve to be." Roman's smile only grew as he nodded blissed out over everything. "Though..." Roman blinked noticing right away how Remus's eyes sparked with that familiar mischievousness. "I do have some... concerns? Questions really... Like how do you handle Virgil's... Top energy?"

"What?" Roman's face filled with confusion as Remus just laughed hysterically making Virgil and Nicholaus pause for a bit with their own confusion until Roman waved them off. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, come on Roman. You cannot tell me you haven't noticed how Virgil can get. He can literally make ANYONE submit to him in no time flat. He's proven he's a bottom for you but like... Roman, brother... Virgil can be dominant as fuck."

"We are not talking about this, Remus."

"Yes..." Remus pushed with a subtle glint in his eyes Roman couldn't read. "We are. What are you going to do when Virgil wants to do something a bit more... dominant." Roman flushed, that image from earlier invading his mind as he quickly looked away hoping Remus didn't notice. " You can't deny that Virgil does have that way about him. I just don't want you to miss out on anything that might be enjoyable for you simply because you're a hardass about heritage and still stick so much to the old Quirites ways. Yes... We are Roman... But Roma is gone now. You don't have to hold tight to those laws anymore. Things have changed."

"What is this about?" Roman hissed lightly seeing the seriousness of Remus's expression. "This isn't just about what Virgil and I'd get to in bed now is it? You have a reason for pushing this subject."

"I'm worried about you, Romulus." Roman frowned as Remus rubbed his arm a bit awkwardly. "Don't think I haven't noticed how submissive you've been being."

"Submissive. Remus..." Remus glared Roman down making the other stop short.

"Roman, you gave up. You literally gave up on EVERYTHING the moment Virgil died. The old you would have killed every single hunter in there without batting a single eye but you just let them take you. I almost lost you too." Roman turned away not liking the pain in his twin's eyes as Remus sighed sadly. "That just got me to think about everything and... I don't know, Roman. This was the only way I could talk about it all with you. I can't get my thoughts to words unless it's about topics like this. You know that. I'm worried about you. You're not acting like yourself."

"I know. I'm sorry. I don't... I don't understand what's going on with me either." Remus quirked a brow at the other as Roman grimaced. "Virgil... He said something the other day that... that made me... react a way I had never done before."

"What did he say?" Roman just shot him a look that made Remus's eyes go wide. "Oh... It... uh... It was something like that then." Roman growled as he just nodded making Remus's eyes darken. "You know you can talk to me about this. As awkward as it is to talk about sexual things with your brother you know I'm the last person to give two shits. And this is serious... I can see it in your eyes. I know when not to tease, even if I show it often."

"I just..."

"It's ok, Roman."

"He said he wanted to make me purple." Remus faltered as Roman twitched, a very obvious blush to his cheeks as he tried to bite his hand. "I uh... I had teased him over him being covered in my color and he countered with saying that he had won a competition we had done and that that meant he could do anything he wanted with me..." Remus's eyes widened as Roman shivered slightly. "He said he wanted to make me purple... because that's his color... and I... I uh..." Roman purred before quickly shaking his head and growling at himself over the reaction yet again. "I don't understand what's going on with me. I've NEVER been like this before."

"You've never had some you've WANTED to be this way with." Roman hesitated as Remus smiled at him. "It's not a bad thing to want to hand over the reins a bit. Submitting to someone doesn't make you less of a Quirites, Roman."

"Yes... it does." A Roman bit back only for Remus to give him a pointed look. "Damn it, Remus..."

"Virgil." Roman tensed as Remus pointed over at the other's mate. "The way he is... his personality... the way he acts and reacts... even his ability to command and fight in a battle... He'd make a pretty damn good roman... would you agree?" Roman nodded instantly only to pause seeing the teasing smile his twin gave him. "But he bottomed for you."

"Remus-..."

"It's not an inappropriate notion to say. It's there for everyone to see, Roman. You marked him. Thus... You mated him. THUS..." He added even more forcefully making Roman cringe. "He bottomed for you. He bottomed... That's a big no no for Roman nature. Yet you, who sticks so closely to the rules of the empire, just said Virgil would make a good roman."

"Sometimes, I seriously hate you." Remus just smiled as Roman avoided everyone's gazes. 

"The subject might be awkward but it's still something serious to think about Roman. I went through it too. I understand you might not WANT to hear about my... sexual escapades but... I understand what you're dealing with. I'm a switch. Meaning I'm good with either position of power. You need to figure out what you're good with and then talk to Virgil about it."

"What? NO!" Roman snapped jumping back in fear as Remus crashed. "That's not happening. Not happening at all. It's fine. I'm just... Just sick or something. It'll pass and..."

"Roman, what are you worried about." Roman froze like ice as he just shook his head.

"I-I'm not scared. I'm fine. I'm just sick. It'll blow over and everything will go back to the way it was supposed to be." Roman ignored the burn in his throat as he turned away making Remus frown realizing the conversation was over. "I'm a roman. I'm strong and dependable. I can and will be able to protect those I love. I'm not soft or weak in the slightest... I'm just sick."