57

Virgil sat there eyeballing the little cup before him. He had been thinking about it for a while now. Just going in the back and taking a small bit of blood... just to see. You know experiment. He knew he was having urges and he didn't exactly want to deny himself if his body was already dying anyway. Besides... He had literally been begging Roman to turn him. If he's having urges to drink blood and fought them for whatever reason, he would only be proving Roman right.

He was NOT about to let that Royal be right about this. Maybe... Maybe if he could prove it... No. No, Virgil, you made a promise to yourself. You wouldn't try it again. You wouldn't put Roman through that. It's hurting him. You've accepted that you're going to die. This is just to see

He clenched his fist slightly as he worked up the courage to just move. He grabbed the cup and slipped through the kitchen to the back finding that familiar fridge and already he could feel that slight urge bubbling up. It wasn't anything bad but it was starting to get... noticeable. He sighed as he opened it up and gently pulled a bag free smiling slightly as he poured some into the cup before putting it back into the fridge.

He stared at his cup just losing himself in the red for a bit as he stumbled back and just leaned against the wall. Blood... When he was younger he never thought he would be here... like this... but if he had to be honest, he didn't regret a single second. He just wished it wouldn't have to end.

He took a sip not even hesitating for a second only to frown in confusion over the distinct lack of metal taste. It... It was sweet, surprisingly. He never thought blood would taste sweet. He never really put so much thought into it if he was being honest but he could understand why vampires would like it so much. Sure he didn't have the 'urge to kill' over it but he did understand. He sipped it casually not moving from where he stood in the back room. He didn't want people to catch on to what he was drinking. He wasn't ready for that conversation yet. Unfortunately...

"Virgil?" Virgil's eyes darted up to see Logan standing there with a small smile and his face paled. "Roman's looking for you."

"Uh..."

"Don't worry. I'll take care of this." Logan gently took the cup of blood from him before leading him back out to the kitchen. He poured it in the sink carefully cleaning out the cup before passing a cloth to Virgil to wipe away the blood on his lips. "I won't tell him if that's what you're concerned about." Virgil jumped in surprise seeing a small glass of water being held to him. "Gargle and spit. He'll smell it if it on your breath."

"Why are you helping me?" Logan chuckled as Virgil did what he was told before being handed a small breath mint. "How did you even-..."

"I'm an oracle, Virgil. The second Roman mentioned needing you I asked him to let me find you." Virgil's eyes widened as Logan's darkened for a bit. "I knew what you would be doing and if Roman found you..."

"He wouldn't be too happy."

"He wouldn't have understood." Virgil nodded as Logan gestured for two of them to move on, leading Virgil to where Roman was no doubt.

"Why are you..."

"Again. I'm an oracle. I know what's happening to you." Logan just stared ahead with this sad look. "There was a night I had used my power to see further into your future. I wanted to see just exactly your life would be here and how it would be affected. I thought it best to search for that instead of just... if you would betray us." Virgil tensed up as Logan shook his head. "I saw something that... helped me to relax. I know you'll do anything to protect us and Roman specifically. Don't give up, Virgil."

"What?" Logan paused forcing Virgil to stop with him with this confused look.

"Don't give up on him... or on you. He's scared. Roman doesn't know what else to do. He hasn't had anyone besides us since his death. He watched his wife and kids die from the background. He's preparing himself for that again. So just... Don't give up. He needs you." Logan wasted no time walking away making Virgil confused until he realized he was outside Roman's door. He didn't even have time to knock before Roman opened it with a smile.

"Virgil!" Roman's eyes shined as he walked out and let his bedroom door close behind him. "I take it Logan found you?"

"Yea... He said... He said you needed me?" Roman's smile fell a bit before he sighed and just nodded, taking Virgil's hand in his as he gestured back down the hall. 

"Why don't we go to the sitting room?" Virgil just followed after, stumbling slightly as he tried to match pace. It didn't help that everything was constantly spinning around him. 

"Roman? Why did Logan say you needed me?" Roman grimaced as he hesitated a bit. "Roman?"

"I'm sorry." Roman cringed as his hand wrapped around his stomach making Virgil's eyes widen in realization. "I..."

"You're hungry?" Roman nodded as he tried to look away only for Virgil to squeeze his hand. "That's ok. You haven't eaten in a few days."

"I did have something just... not a lot. Or enough..."

"You tried. That's good enough." Roman smiled as pulled Virgil into him, his eyes filled with hunger but his expression light and filled with fondness. 

"Let's go sit. I'd rather you comfortable in case I take a bit too much." Virgil rolled his eyes as he felt the vampire gently leading him off.

"I'll be fine Roman. You hardly ever take anything anyway."

"Hasn't stopped you from getting tired before." Roman pouted as Virgil just chuckled and rolled his eyes playfully. "I just want you to be ok."

"I will be as long as you are." Virgil smiled as Roman sat back against the couch of the sitting room with this look in his hunger filled eyes. Virgil moved to sit against him letting Roman lean against his shoulder, grazing his teeth lightly over his skin, making Virgil shudder. His smile fell as he gripped Roman's shirt tightly in his hands. "I just want to make sure you're taken care of." Roman paused for only a second before biting down. Virgil winced subtly as the burn spread through him, covering his chest and making it hard to breathe. "I just..." Virgil rests his head against Roman's as the room swam. "I just need you to be cared for..."