44

Virgil smiled softly as he hugged the arms that wrapped around him. He could feel that burn under his skin as Roman fed on him. Even if the act was literally Roman take his blood... even if it added more and more venom into his body... Virgil couldn't help but melt over it all. He loved it because he was helping his love. He was doing what he could to keep Roman happy and healthy. He was loving Roman the way he knew how and that what made moments like this special.

If only Roman could see it that way too.

"Sorry." Roman mumbled softly as he gently licked the bit closed, ignoring the way Emile had to hold Remy back the second Roman had bit down. "I uh... cravings."

"That's ok, Ro." Virgil smiled softly as Roman nuzzled into him. That's just how he is after a feeding. Roman always got really touchy-feely. "Did you get enough?"

"Plenty, my..." Roman's eyes flashed as he sighed and just nodded. He squeezed Virgil closer burying his face into the other as he shook slightly. "Thank you."

"I don't understand how you can just be ok with that." Remy growled as glared Roman down with figurative daggers. "He just fed from you."

"Remy, Dear... Their relationship is their own. As long as Virgil is willing and has specified clear consent there is nothing we can do or judge." Emile tried to comfort his partner down but it was clear Remy was not having it.

"I just don't get it." Remy shook his head as he leaned back against the couch defeatedly. "Whatever. If you get drained... that's on you then."

"Remy!" Emile yelled out the second he noticed the shock in Roman's eyes. Virgil let out a rumble from his chest in annoyance as he hugged Roman arms closer, since the vampire was still behind him.

"I..." Roman whispered as he glanced over at Virgil who just shook his head. 

"He doesn't understand... and he never will. There's nothing either of us can say that will help." Roman just nodded who fell silent just basking in the contact he hadn't had as much of. Virgil smiled as he leaned against him, eyes slipping shut as the two just stood there. The other two both frowned seeing the looks one either face. It was clear those two had deep emotions for the other. The issue was with everything going on with Roman... no one could pinpoint where his head was at anymore.

"Virge?" Virgil hummed softly as Roman whispered against him. "I... I think we should go home." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman hugged him tighter. "We've been here for so long... I think it's about time. You've gotten better and you've been training a lot."

"Emile did say I could take his books." Emile frowned in confusion having only noticed his name on Virgil's lips as the fae sighed with a short nod. "Are you sure about this, Roman? Are YOU ready to go home?"

"My only concern was only ever you, Virgil. As long as you got the help you needed... I was content." Virgil's eyes darkened feeling how Roman practically wrapped himself around him shaking badly. "But I still think we should go home. I don't know what Remus has been going through and leaving the castle for too long is never a good thing." 

"The... The castle?" Virgil's mind flashed back to that vision he had of Roman dead and locked away in a room deep in the castle grounds as he shuddered. "O-Ok."

"What are you two talking about that's got you all... upset?" Emile cut in drawing their attention to him and Roman frowned as he finally pulled away from the fae, who shivered against the chill from the loss of contact.

"I was saying that Virgil and I should be returning home." The two witches tensed up badly as Virgil just nodded along. "We've overstayed our welcome anyway. We were only here for Virgil to get better."

"Are you sure about this? Virgil-..." Remy whined anxiously seeing how Virgil's eyes were dark and dull. "Is this what you want?"

"What?" Virgil glanced up seeing their concern and he froze. "What I..."

"You don't appear too happy over the idea of going back?" Emile added seeing how worried his partner was. Roman paled as his eyes darted over to the fae worried that he might have done something wrong but... Virgil was just confused.

"If by that you mean... being with Roman... I'm more than happy to go back." Emile sighed seeing the seriousness in the youngest eyes. "You don't have to worry about me. I swear it. I'm ok."

"I just..." Remy groaned in annoyance as he waved himself off. "I don't trust vampires."

"Well, you can trust him at least." Virgil rolled his eyes as he took in Roman's stance. He could see the fear clear as day and it broke his heart. "Roman won't let anything happen to me. Not if he can help it anyway."

"He's the one that brought you here because he drained you." Remy yelled out making Roman flinch but it was Emile who quickly stepped in to stop him.

"Thought, Remy... He thought he took too much. He did not. And we both know from watching the two of them that Roman has superior self-control." Remy was completely shocked over Emile standing up for the vampire but he still understood. Emile was right after all. "Plus we've both taught Virgil spells to help protect himself should he need it. He will be fine. Come..." Emile stood up and held a hand out for his partner as he just nodded. "Let's get everything ready for their departure. I'm sure his highness is eager to return home."

"Thank you, Emile." Roman lulled softly as he just stood there awkwardly. "It... means a lot."

"It's quite alright." Emile smiled at him before turning to give Virgil this soft look. "We'll get your books and everything packed up and ready for you ok? Don't worry about a thing. Just make sure you don't stop practicing."

"Thank you... both of you, really." Virgil smiled as the two witches walked off. He glanced over to see how tense Roman was and he sighed sadly. "Are you absolutely sure you're ready to go home? You've needed this break just as much as I did."

"I don't have a choice, Virgil. My people need me."