74

The place was swiftly cleaned. The bodies of the hunters burned in a giant pyre. Roman had waited patiently for Virgil to find him, his nerves getting a bit... much. Could you blame him? Even knowing all the hunters here were dead and buried, He was in a hunter base not knowing where his love was or if he was ok. 

His eyes scrunched up as the urge to run out and find Virgil bubbled up in him. He was just sitting there on one of the couches. The scent of blood still clung tight to everything but the lupin were doing their best. 

"Virgil?" Roman muttered quietly trying to reach through their bond. A few wolves stopped short, giving the vampire a concerned look but Roman understood. It wasn't often that vampires could telepathically communicate with another. They were typically seen as crazy until proven otherwise. Roman didn't even know how it was possible. They had never been able to before and Virgil had said he couldn't do it with anyone other than him. That meant it HAD to be because of the bond. "My Love?"

"I'm alright, Butterfly." Roman's eyes lit up as he pushed himself to the edge of the seat with a smile. "I won't be much longer I promise."

"Where are you? Have you gotten back?"

"Janus is taking care of the bodies in the woods. He said something about Remus being able to control the plants to eat them or something. I don't know." Roman just chuckled softly as he listened to Virgil's voice drone on. As long as he could hear him... feel him... he knew he was ok. "Right now, I'm in the shower."

"Oh? Washing all that pretty red off you?" Roman smirked as he rest his chin against his hand. He could hear how Virgil laughed and it made his heart all flutter. "I could join you."

"Maybe at the castle, Hun. Right now, I just want to wash up and get back to business." Roman nodded a bit to himself before sighing and leaning back against the couch. "I'm ok, Roman."

"I know. I know, I... I can feel that you're ok. I just..." Roman wrapped his arms around him as this sense of calm came through the bond. "I love you so much. After what happened... It's hard to have you out of my sight. I can still hear your screams. I can still feel your pain. I'm sorry. I just can't forget it."

"I'm not telling you to. I understand, Roman. The four of us... we all went through something very traumatic. Even if Remus doesn't seem to agree about his own trauma... I understand."

"Just please hurry back to me. I just want to hold you." Roman crashed as he curled up a bit on the couch, tears in his eyes. "As long as I'm holding you... I know I'll be able to keep you safe. They can't take you away from me again. They..." Roman choked up as his mind flurried back to the memories of when they were taken. 

"Roman, breathe for me. I can feel you spiraling. I'm ok. I'm just in the shower." Roman whined as he forced himself to get up. He knew exactly where Virgil was. If he focused enough he could feel it. So he followed that feeling till he was outside this door and just smiled as he leaned against it. He could hear the water running inside and a soft chuckle hit his ears.

"If you're just going to stand out there you might as well just come in, Love. Besides..." Roman pushed the door open and smiled more as he slowly made his way through the lockers. to the shower room. "I could use some help." Virgil spoke softly as water rained down from the showerhead. He hummed as he felt arms wrap around his midsection pulling him back into the other who buried their head into his neck. "Hello."

"Hi." Roman giggled softly as the two just stood there in the embrace letting the warm steamy water cascade around them. "I missed you."

"I know. I'm ok. See." Virgil turned himself around so that he was facing his love who just smiled and nodded, before pressing a soft kiss to his forehead.

"I do. I'm sorry. I can't help it. They just... I thought I lost you. I couldn't protect you. The fear, desperation... the guilt... I just couldn't take it. I'm scared... I'll wake up and you'll be gone." Virgil leaned against him, letting Roman hold him tight against his chest. "I can't lose you, Virgil. If this whole thing taught me anything. It was how much I need you. How much I love you... You're not just my love. You're my mate... my life. I can't live without you."

"You don't have to. Not anymore." Roman purred as Virgil gently pulled away with a soft look. "I'm not going anywhere. My life is with you. I'm not dying now that I've turned. There is literally nothing stopping me from spending the rest of forever with you."

"Good." Roman laughed quietly as he watched Virgil reach out for some soap. "Here..." Roman grabbed it instead putting some on his hands before lathering them all up with a chuckle. "Let me do it."

"Roman..." Virgil whined playfully before completely melting as Roman massaged the soap into Virgil's hair. "Thank you." Roman just smiled as he worked through it all. Virgil hummed as he just let the other work. It didn't take that long for the Royal to grab a cloth Virgil had discarded to the side and put some soap on that as well. Virgil chuckled over it all as Roman helped to clean off his back of all the grime and dirt. The king carefully made sure he got it all before leaning against him again and pressing a kiss to the back of his neck. "Thank you... again." 

"Anything for you, My sweet."

"Awe." Virgil teased playfully as he let Roman pull him in again, just holding the other tightly. "Ro? Before we go back... Do you think maybe... We could go on a date?"

"A date?" Virgil nodded as he dazed out just staring at nothing. "Dear, I must admit... I don't entirely know what a date is."

"It's just something that people in a relationship go and do. They spend time with each other doing something they enjoy together. A date..." Roman frowned as Virgil sighed softly. "It's just... We're to be married. You've marked me as your Mate... And we have never been on a date before."

"In my defense... I do not know what a date is, as I've said... and I was trying not to let my love for you grow because I was scared."

"I know. I'm not saying anything about that. I just..." Roman squeezed Virgil's waist supportively as the other tensed up just trying to work through everything. "I was thinking. Since I won that little... competition earlier. I was wondering if you would let me take charge for a bit and... let me take you on a date into town." Roman's eyes lit up as he let go to keep Virgil from feeling how much he was shaking. The image from earlier drowned his mind as he held back the purr he wanted to make. "I just... I know that you roman's... you don't particularly like, let alone allow, others to be in control but..." Roman just couldn't hold back. He purred, quite loudly, as Virgil's eyes darted over to him. "Ro?"

"I would love to go on a date with you, My Dear. I don't know a thing about them or what we're supposed to be doing so... You taking the reigns would be the best, I believe." Virgil beamed as he nodded and threw himself into Roman just giddy about everything. "If this is what you want, I'm more than happy to join you in this... whatever this is."

"Silly." Virgil giggled as he nuzzled up against him. "This is why I love you. You're just too nice to me."

"I love you too, My dear. Now let's get you all finished so we can get out of here. Hmm?"