10

"But... I can't hate you. I've tried. I kept telling myself you're a hunter that you... that... fuck. I just can't hate you. It's literally impossible." Virgil frowned as he slowly but surely inched closer to the desk, making Roman twitch subtly at their closeness but neither brought attention to it. Virgil tense, his hand moving to 'comfort' Roman only to hesitate just enough to grab a pencil that sat behind him instead. Roman curled away from him slightly as Virgil skidded back lost in thought as he gripped the pencil tightly, hidden behind him. Roman just laughed brokenly through the tears. I literally can't hurt you. I can't let anything bad happen to you. I need you and... I just... I don't know why."

"Tell me about it." Roman's head jerked up in confusion as Virgil grimaced in anxiety. He gripped the pencil tighter as he just choked out a cough. He was seriously praying he was wrong here. He didn't want to be right. Of all the implication that it could mean if he was yet... He still needed to know. "Explain it to me... what you feel... I-I mean, with me?" Roman's eyes softened as he smiled fondly taking Virgil by surprise. He could still see the pain clear as day in the other's eyes but the expression he held was anything but.

"There's this... pull about you." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman laughed as shifted his weight on the chair, scratching at his hair a bit awkwardly. "Something in you is pulling me. I don't..." He let out a shaky breath as he looked away with this blush to his cheek. "Your blood... your scent... they're addictive. It lures me in and I can't stop breathing it in... but..."

"But?" Virgil clenched his fist even tighter before forcing the pencil down in his grasp so he could graze his thumb over the overly sharpened tip. "Go on, Roman."

"It's not your blood that I'm so drawn to." Virgil's heart crashed at that admission as Roman rubbed his arm anxiously. "I thought it was. It was intoxication. I-I literally fell under so fast because of it but... despite the... craving that's not why I need you. I don't understand it really. It's just... this deep pull I feel towards you. I can't let any harm come to you. Just the fact that I kidnapped you makes everything in me curl up in anger. Because I hurt you to do it... I really don't know how to explain any o-... Ow." Roman flinched as his eyes darted to his thumb. He pouted at the pain that sparked through it and whined subtly over not knowing what caused it. Virgil just stood there completely frozen in shock. He was right. He was right about what was going on. He... He didn't even whine at the pencil dug further into his thumb shooting pain down his hand as Roman grimaced and rubbed his own. Their eyes met for only a second before blood began to bubble from Virgil's wound making Roman's eyes dilate. 

"What did you do?" Roman cried out as he took Virgil's hand in his within moments, a look of panic in his eyes as he stared at the puncture on the smaller thumb. "How did you..." His eyes met with the pencil Virgil had in his other hand as it was held up with a smile. "Vir-... HEY! Stop it! Stop hurting yourself!" Virgil stabbed another finger making Roman react by throwing the pencil as fast as he could only to freeze realizing the pain in his hand. He felt it. He felt as if his own finger was stabbed and his whole body just froze up. He... He felt Virgil's pain? "I... I-I don't understand." Roman gently let go of Virgil's hand to stare at his own, gently rubbing the finger that hurt as Virgil just scoffed in response.

"A fucking Blood Bond." Virgil groaned as he walked over and just collapsed onto the chair in exhaustion. How in the world did this even happen? When did it happen? Virgil's mind was in a flurry over it all. He didn't want to be right. He didn't even understand how it was possible. Of all the things to have happened to him... to them both... why this? "Shit."

"What... What's a blood bond?" Virgil's eyes narrowed giving the vampire a near perplexed look, but the confusion Roman felt was clear as day as he just cradled his hand close to his chest. "I don't know what that is.