3

Virgil groaned, his head swimming, as he slowly pushed himself up ignoring how the room spun around him. He tensed, his body feeling light and not quite all there, as he sat up. His eyes, blurred and narrowed, darted about the place taking it all in as his vision slowly cleared until...

"This is not my room." Virgil's hand instantly went to his belt only to freeze up at the lack of his weapons. He could feel his panic bubbling as he slowly pushed up out of bed, cautious and alert. He ran through everything he remembered slowly but surely remember his fight with the vampire until he realized what had happened. "Shit. That fuck..." Virgil paled as he frantically looked around for anything that might be used as a weapon but everything was cleared completely out. He grunted in frustration, running his hands through his hair to help calm him down. He glared the door down before finally walking over and pulling it open without a moment's hesitation.

He had expected to be in some sort of basement... maybe even a cave to be honest. Something that was dark and dreary. Yes, he woke up in a pretty nice-looking room but looks can be deceiving. He didn't want to get his hopes up just because he woke up in a nice bed. However, when he opened the door to see this maid, who froze up the second the door opened, he was stunned. She visibly tensed, her eyes winding in fear before suddenly she was gone. A vampire... Virgil growled under his breath as his fingers twitched wanting the protection of his knife. He was stuck in a den of Vampires.

He slowly made his way down the halls, lightly stepping as to create no sound as he went. His eyes surveyed everything, taking in the ornate decor and large estate he seemed to have found himself in. He groaned in annoyance as he found himself at this grand staircase. Gold and marble permeated everything around him. he carefully descended down into the foyer spotting another hall beside him. The further he went, the more his anxiety built up until... He froze. 

There before him was a large panting above this ornate desk. He was wondering into this office looking thing out of curiosity but this... this had definitely surprised him. In the painting held the man he had seen before. The one that killed all the other hunters... The vampire that had bitten him... He stood there in a regal pose, donning a glorious black suit with ornate metals and bright scarlet sash. On his head sat a golden ruby encrusted crown that drew in Virgil's gaze the second he noticed it. He was stunned. Completely and totally stunned... He did not notice the body that had walked up behind him.

"I know..." Virgil tensed up, ice in his veins, as the man behind him whispered softly in his ear, lips moment from his skin cooling it with his breath. "I don't like it either." Virgil spun around, pencil in hand that he had snagged off of the desk, only to find the very man from the painting standing before him. "The outfit alone makes me cringe but... When your King you must look the part."

"Who the fuck are you?" Virgil held his cool, holding the pencil out with clear intent as he caught the vampire's eyes. "I asked you a question."

"My name is Roman Augustulus. That is... if that you were referring to." Virgil frowned as Roman just smirked at him. "This is my home. I brought you here after our little fight the other day. You were out for a long while. I was beginning to worry I took too much."

"You blood bitch." Virgil growled as he lashed out hoping to stab the vampire with the pencil only for Roman to grab his wrist and pin him against the desk. Virgil's eyes went wide as he dropped the pencil instantly over the shock of everything.

"There isn't much you can do with just a pencil. Do keep in mind that I am not your typical vampire. I am much older than any you will ever find let alone have faced. Do not test the waters, you've already made into rapids." Roman stepped back releasing Virgil from his grip as he stared him down with a glare. "I do not know what it is about you that drew me in so but know this... If it is not for the scent of your blood and the way you drew me in you would be dead along with the rest of your party. I do not like you. I do not like your kind. I do not know why I brought you here but here is where you will stay."

"Excuse me?" The anger in Virgil's eyes was clear as day but it did not worry Roman at all as he turned around and gestured for the human to follow him. "What did you just..."

"I said you will remain here. As in... yes. I kidnapped you." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman just smirked at him from over his shoulder. "Now do keep up." Roman walked off leaving Virgil to stumble after him. "You are to remain here indefinitely under my watch and care." The two walked back through the halls following the same path Virgil had taken to get to the office in the first place. "I will provide you with food, clothes, running water... I may hate hunters but I'm am not cruel. Whatever you need, should it be appropriate, I will provide it for you."

"I'm not a pet." Roman paused for a second, his eyes flashing at the thought, before turning back to him with a short chuckle that made Virgil flush angrily.

"As of now, Love, whether you like it or not, you are my property." Roman winked at him as he smirked wide enough to show his fangs. "But I think pet does fit you so much better. Don't you think, Doll?" Virgil snapped pushing the vampire against the wall, shocking him enough for him to lose his composure quite a bit. The growl that pushed past Virgil's lips only made Roman shock worse as his hand went to the human's wrist who was holding Roman back.

"I am NOONE'S pet. I am no one property." Roman blinked, pulling Virgil's wrist up as if he was going to bite it before just breathing in his scent making Virgil pale.

"You say that but it was my venom that coursed through your blood."