77

"Take it easy there, Roro." Virgil whispered softly with a concerned smile as he carefully helped the still groggy royal out of the car. "You're still very drained."

"I'll be ok, Love." Virgil only whined in concern as Roman chuckled as he gently flicked the other's nose. "I'm awake now aren't I?"

"You only JUST woke up, Roman." Remus cut in having run over to help Virgil. "You've been out for literal hours. We're already at the castle."

"Hours. Not days." Roman responded but still let the two of them help him back inside. As soon as they opened the door the servents all saw the state Roman was in and went running to get Logan. 

"Oh, Dear. Roman!" Patton rushed over taking Remus's spot who growled lightly only for Janus to pull him back and shake his head. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine." Roman tried to reassure everyone only for Virgil to look away with a guilt that both he and Patton felt. "Love, I'm fine."

"Virg-..." Patton went to ask why he felt so guilty only to freeze up at the sight of him. "Oh no." Virgil met his gaze and everything dropped in the only empathic vampire, tears slowly pricking his eyes. "You're a vampire. You turned."

"We ran into some... hunters. It... It wasn't good. I ended up turning during the madness." Patton quickly turned back to Roman who was drowning in his own guilt making Virgil shake his head. "There was nothing you could do Roman."

"There was plenty I could do... I just didn't."

"They had you drugged up and in a silver fucking collar. NO!" Virgil snapped making Roman jump only to freeze seeing the tears in the other's eyes. "There was NOTHING you could. Stop feeling guilty about it all. I'm the one that almost died. I'm the one that... If it wasn't for me She never would have known about our connection. She wouldn't have used it against you."

"You're safe now." Everyone all looked up to see Logan standing there with a very grateful look in his eyes. "You're here and you're safe now. That's all that matters." Logan turned to Virgil and nodded with a very soft gaze. "I'm sorry the situation was so horrid but... I am happy to see you've finally joined us." Virgil laughed as he rubbed his arm awkwardly. "No more seeking behind everyone's back to drink blood."

"I don't think that'll be much of a problem anymore." Virgil smiled as he looked away only to stop seeing how Roman just stared at nothing from where he was sat on a couch. "Roman?"

"Sorry. I was thinking. We have a lot we need to debrief about." Logan nodded as Roman went down his list. "The hunters. The wolves... Even everything with you. Plus we need to inform the staff and council of your turning and position as my mate." Patton's eyes lit up the second he heard it only to crash seeing how dazed Roman was. "But to be honest, I am still far too out of it to do anything."

"I can take care of it. Remus, Janus, and I anyway." Virgil cut in making Roman smile and nod. 

"I think that would be best, Love, but... Can you maybe help me to bed first?" 

"Of course, Roman." Virgil wasted no time in helping Roman back up. "I'll be back down once he's resting."

"Take your time, Virgil. I'll talk with you later." Logan called out as Virgil carefully led Roman off. Servents would stop and stare every once in a while only to jump and turn back to their work the second Virgil shot them a glare.

"V-Virgil..." Roman stopped them both short before they could pass the younger room and Virgil frowned in confusion. "J-Just for now. Can I sleep in here? Until we figure some things out. I... I want to be where it smells like you." Virgil smiled softly as he nodded and shifted their weight so he could open his room door. "Thank you, Love."

"No need to thank me, Butterfly. We're engaged. The last thing I'm going to care about is something like this." Roman blushed softly as Virgil gently helped him into bed, weakly holding onto the other's arm as he just stared into those violet eyes. "Roman, I have to talk with Logan. Debrief and all that."

"I-I know but... L-Logan did say t-to take your time. It doesn't have to be right now." Roman's eyes flashed as he tugged Virgil closer just a tad. "Please don't leave me. Not until I fall asleep. Please?"

"As you wish, Butterfly." Virgil laid himself back on the bed smiling happily as Roman instantly curled up into him purring. "I love you." He whispered softly letting his fingers trail through the older hair who just shivered at the touch, his eyes slipping shut.

"I love you too."

It didn't take Roman long to fall asleep but with him, all curled up against him, Virgil wasn't able to move. Not that he wanted to anyway. Logan stopped in to talk through some things so he didn't have to leave Roman at all, which Virgil was grateful for. Thankfully Roman slept through it all not even waking up when Virgil started to go over what happened when he turned. The pain from the memories was not pleasant at all. He was just happy Roman didn't have to deal with it again as he spoke about it.

After the short debriefing was over, Patton came in with some fresh baked cookies and talked with Virgil a bit until even the fatherly vampire left saying Virgil should rest. So here he was with Roman all wrapped up against him cuddled as close as he could be and Virgil couldn't be happier. He carefully pushed himself down on the bed only to smile more as Roman sleepily repositioned himself till he was laying completely over the other nose pressed into Virgil's shoulder. 

"I love you too." Virgil chuckled softly at the light hum that rumbled out of Roman's lips before letting his own eyes close. "Sweet dreams, My butterfly."