51

TW~Blood, Panic attack

Virgil sat there in bed staring at his shakey hands with a numb expression. It was getting worse. His hair had gotten to the point where if he were to put his hair up in a ponytail, all you would see under all the black would be pure white. That's why he's kept his hair down for a while now. As long as the top few layers remained darkly colored he could trick Roman into thinking everything was fine. 

Not that it mattered much anymore. 

The violet of his eyes have also been steadily getting worse. What was a soft light azure before had become a faded Iris. He's getting weaker. It's taking more and more just to handle the feedings Roman's been having and he's been adamant about only taking so much. He was breaking down the seams.

He felt sick. Physically sick... this burn ripped up his throat like acid... no... Like venom clawing away at his flesh until he couldn't take it anymore. He staggered his way to the bathroom, throwing up the blood that filled his mouth like a thick liquid fire. He groaned as he fell, just sitting there on the cold bathroom floor with a weak breath. 

He knew what was happening. The shaking, the dizziness... room always spinning... STOP SPINNING.

"Please?" Virgil whimpered as he held his head in his hands. He knew... He knew what was wrong. It didn't stop him though. He made his choice. He didn't care if it killed him. He just... He never realized how much he actually wanted to turn before. When he had brought it up to Roman, he was teasing. He hadn't actually thought about it but... Now that Roman has said he won't do it... Virgil was afraid. Afraid of dying... Afraid of leaving his love behind... Afraid of Roman starving himself again because he wasn't there to protect him...

Afraid of his vision coming true.

After that one time trying out the spell to see the future, He's done it many times after. Every time it was the same. Blood and bodies... tears... fire... Roman.

Roman dies. The vision shows him dead clear as day. It shows him lying there in a vault deep in under the castle where no one could ever get to him. He laid there in a pearly casket with golden accents, dressed in his black suit just... Just there... dead... stiff. He hated it. He hated seeing it and it never changed. No matter how many times he'd do the spell the future never altered a bit. Roman always remained dead. 

And with the way things were going, Virgil wasn't that far off himself. He just wished he knew HOW Roman died... maybe that way he could help to prevent it... even after he's long gone.

"Damn it, Roman." Virgil curled up sobbing loudly into his knees as he crashed under it all. He hadn't even flushed the damn toilet. He couldn't move. Everything hurt too much. "I love you." Virgil cried as his magic burned him up. The blood on his lips making everything flash. His eyes went purple instantly as his head shot up in complete shock. He could see Roman laying in his own bed broken and sobbing himself and everything shattered in him. He could see Roman in the grips of an attack, unlike anything he'd ever felt or witnessed. "R-Ro..." He jolted up, his only focus on getting to his love. He flushed his toilet quickly, whipping away all the blood and spitting out some water to clean his mouth so Roman couldn't detect what had happened before bolting out the door. 

It's been days. Literal days since Virgil's seen him. Roman had been physically keeping his distance this time, going out of his way to avoid him, but not anymore. Virgil wasn't going to ignore the suffering his love was going through. 

He burst through Roman's bedroom door completely crashing at how Roman writhed in his bed, his sobs choked as if his throat was filled with cotton making it impossible to make any proper sound.

"Roman?" Virgil gently walked himself over, using the blood bond to send feelings of love, worry, and calmness to the vampire who only whimpered in response to it all. It broke Virgil's heart to hear. "Roman, It's ok." He continued to send those emotions as he sat down on the bed beside him. Virgil knew that in the state Roman was in he was not aware. He couldn't have been. He was in a full-blown attack clawing at his own chest in agony. He couldn't hear him. He couldn't smell him. He was lost and it took everything in him not to touch him suddenly knowing it would only make it worse. So he just continued to send as many calming emotions as he could just until he noticed Roman's writhing had started to lessen. "Roman?" Roman flinched suddenly his eyes shooting wide finally noticing there was a presence but still too far under to know who. "Roman, can you hear me?" Roman whimpered as he curled up again giving the other plenty of indication. 

"Roman, it's going to be ok. I know it's hard to breathe but your strong. I know you can do it. Can you try to breathe? Please?" Roman only shook his head as he pushed his knees into him as far as they could go. "Roman..." Virgil whined as his own anxiety started to bubble up. He needed to do something quickly or they both would be having an attack. "P-Please... Can I uh... Can I touch you?" Roman flinched again as he curled away only making Virgil sigh who accidentally let his fear through the bond. Roman's eyes darted up to his again the second he felt it and his mind latched on to it. "Roman, it's going to ok." The man was scared. He was scared and Roman could feel it. He could feel this person's fear. Roman's eyes widened as his mind finally caught on. He could only feel Virgil's emotions. That meant the one beside him had to be Virgil. 

"V-Virg-gil?" Virgil's heart skipped at the pain in Roman's voice as the poor vampire only cried more. "Virgil? Virgil!" Virgil quickly pulled him against him letting Roman melt over the scent as he buried himself into the fae and broke down all over again. "Don't leave me. Please don't leave me. Please. I love you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He just kept repeating himself lost in his delirium. Virgil couldn't take it anymore. He just wanted Roman to calm down. He couldn't take the pain the other was in. He was never able to see it. Roman was the strong one. Roman was the one that kept him safe and together. Roman was the one who fought his battles all with a smile. 

Roman was the strong one...

But even the strong ones break sometimes.

"Shh. Ro, it's ok." Virgil bit his lip harshly drawing blood, that Roman was far too gone to even notice. "It's going to be ok." He quickly wiped the blood onto his thumb before taking a deep breath and drawing on his magic. His eyes started glowing purple as he held Roman closer. "Just sleep, Roman. Just sleep." His magic latched onto the royal in his arms as he used the spell Remy had taught him. He felt as Roman shuddered against him, his trembling slowly but surely calming down until... Roman fell asleep against his chest, a vice grip on his hoodie. He wasn't going anywhere until morning. He didn't mind that any... Roman still had tears running down his cheeks, his face flush and heated, as he just laid there fast asleep. Right now, Roman needed him.

Virgil had to be the strong one.