"This is interesting," Roman mumbled with a slight laugh as he glanced through one of the many books Emile had let them take. "Apparently, there is this one witch who theorized sanguine vampires to be formed by backfired necromancy." Roman rolled his eyes as he turned to the next page. "Something about a Necromantic blood ritual to revive a corpse... They said something about it coming back to life but... blood-crazed."

"There are ways to curse humans into becoming things like Vampires or Lupis." Virgil reply as Roman just nodded away lost in the theories the book was giving him. Virgil had his own book open in front of him to his own spell. A divination spell to see an event into the future. It wasn't anything too big. He was certain he could do it.

"I have to admit these witches are interesting. All these rituals they have over so many different things. Reminds me a lot of the festivals we would hold for our gods." Roman smiled as he just turned the page again completely oblivious to what Virgil was doing on the floor several feet in front of him. "Speaking of gods... I should really thank them properly for giving me yo-..." Roman's eyes dilated instantly at the scent of Virgil's blood. "Virgil." Virgil cringed as he glanced back to see how blown out Roman's eyes were. He had pricked a bit too deep and had a bit too much blood dripping down his finger. Roman flushed as he bit his own hand and forced himself to breathe, trying really hard not to fall into his cravings. Virgil's eyes shot wide as he quickly wiped the blood off him before pressing his finger into the other to stave the bleeding.

"Roman, are you ok?"

"Yea." Roman choked as he nodded still refusing to look over at the other. "I'm... I'm sorry. I'm ok. Really. It's just the cravings." Roman growled as he forced his hand down, just staring off at the wall. "You're blood just... You make me hungry so easily."

"Did you manage to catch anything?" Roman just shook his head as he glanced over to see Virgil's concerned look. "Come here, please?"

"Virgil, I don't think that's..." Roman cringed seeing the pout Virgil gave him before suddenly finding himself beside the other in a blink. He melted instantly as Virgil caressed his cheek gently. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I said don't push yourself." Roman shook his head again as he reached up to hold Virgil's hand against him.

"I thought maybe... exposure would help. If I forced myself to drink more and more blood beside yours then maybe the cravings would lessen or at least get easier to handle." Virgil frowned as he slowly let the pressure on his wound go only for Roman to tense up at the scent of it. It wasn't bad. He's held himself off over worse. The issue was the longer he smelt it the more hungry he got and Virgil knew it. "Virgil..."

"If you're hungry you should eat."

"No." Virgil sighed as Roman just squeezed his hand. "It's the cravings. I'm fine. I promise."

"Roman, my blood... I can't just... not practice my magic." Roman's eyes darkened as Virgil held his finger up for the other to see the blood beginning to drip down it. "I can't have you being affected by it so easily because your hungry or craving it."

"Virgil, you know I don't like feeding off of you. Yes, your blood is addicting but... I don't want to hurt you." Roman smiled softly as he gently took Virgil's hurt hand into his, eyes glowing subtly at the scent of it. "I don't want anything happening to you." He carefully placed the injured finger in his mouth flushing deeper at the taste before pulling away and just holding Virgil's hand against his cheek as his finger now healed. 

"Roman, I can't do this every time..." Roman frowned in confusion as Virgil pulled his hand away with tears in his eyes. "I can't keep fighting you. I can't keep coaxing you into eating. I can't.... I just can't."

"Virg-..."

"The way it's going... I'm going to end up watching you starve because you just won't feed." Roman crashed as Virgil shook his head. "Please, Roman." The young fae's eyes filled with a desperation that clenched around Roman's heart with a vice grip. "Please don't make me."

"I just... I don't want you to get hurt."

"And I don't want to watch you die on me, Ro," Roman growled as he tried to take Virgil's hand again only for the younger to pull away. 

"That won't happen..."

"Roman, I've seen it." Roman sighed as he just crashed into himself over the tears Virgil had now spilling from his eyes. "You don't understand. Your words... They mean nothing when all I'm seeing you you repeatedly starve yourself."

"I'm not going to-..."

"Roman, I've had literal nightmares over this." Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil's voice came out dull and quiet. "Of you dying on me. Of you going crazed. Of just... something happening to you. I've seen it in my nightmares. I don't want them to come true. So, please... Please stop worrying about me for just one second and worry about yourself. Can you really tell me your not hungry? Can you for full certainty say without a doubt that it's JUST the cravings?" Roman didn't respond only confirming what Virgil was saying as the younger deflated. "Please, Roman? I can't lose you." Roman took a deep breath as he pulled the younger in against his chest. "I can't lose you." Roman gently kissed Virgil's neck, grazing his teeth lightly making Virgil shiver as he gripped Roman's shirt tightly in the balls of his fists. "Promise me. Promise me if your hungry or craving me... you'll feed. Promise me you won't starve yourself anymore. Promise me you'll stop and just... just let me help YOU... please? Please promise me? If you need to... you'll feed on me rather than starve?" Roman hesitated, his eyes tear-filled and glowing. He let his eyes slip shut, a few tears slipping down his cheeks as he moved to wrap his arms around the other. His hand went to Virgil's hair pressing him close against him as he whispered softly into Virgil's ear.

"I promise, My love. I'll feed on you... I won't starve." Roman feathered a light kiss against him as he smiled. "I promise to feed." Virgil's grip on the vampire's shirt only tightly as he sobbed out in relief. 

"Thank you." Roman shifted their weight a bit as he bit down on Virgil's shoulder making the younger yip lightly at the action. Virgil's eyes shined feeling that familiar burn of venom. How had the sensation of being feed from become so normal to him? He still remembered a time when he would have burned every vampire at the stake rather than ever willingly let one feed from him or more so demand it for their own wellbeing. Things change... he was glad that they had. When Roman pulled away, his cravings had died down immensely, as he just leaned against the other with a soft smile. "Better, Ro?"

"Yea. I'm much better."

"Good." Roman chuckled softly as Virgil trailed his fingers through his hair softly.

"Virgil?" Virgil hummed in response as Roman nuzzled against him. "What if... What if I go too far?"

"What do you mean?" Roman gently moved till he was practically buried into him as Virgil frowned in confusion. "Roman?"

"I'm scared. This... This promise... What if I go too far? What if I take too much, or lose control? What if something happens? I don't want to go too far." Virgil's eyes darkened as he pulled his hand away to see how it shook and he sighed. "I can't go too far, Virgil. I promised but... I don't want to lose you either."

"You could always turn me." Roman tensed badly as Virgil half-consciously chuckled over what he said. "If you wanted to anyway..."

"T-Turn... Turn you?" Virgil nodded as he tiredly started to drift off, his energy dropping fast after being fed on. "Why... Why would you even..."

"If you don't want to lose me..." Virgil muttered, slurred with exhaustion and hardly even aware at all. "You'd have to turn me eventually." Roman crashed as Virgil fell asleep against him. His tears only fell harder as he broke down clutching him tightly as everything swirled around him.

"No." Roman forced through his lips as he choked and sputtered. "No... I... I won't turn you. I'm never going to turn you."