Oneshot: Family Reunion

Trigger Warning~Blood, A lot of pain and sadness and guilt

"Roman?" Roman frowned, his mind still slowly coming back to him, as he slowly glanced over only to freeze up seeing those familiar violet eyes that tugged at his heart. "Ro-..." Roman was up and out of the casket in a breeze, catching Virgil the second he started to fall. He wasted no time in slowly bringing them both to the ground ignoring the red that surrounded them all in favor of just caring for his love. "Roman?" Roman smiled as Virgil shakily reached out towards him. He couldn't help how his heart twinged in him as he leaned into his love's hand and purred. "Is that... Is that really you?"

"I've missed you so much, My love." Roman sang, his eyes flashing brightly as Virgil sobbed out in relief. "I never left you."

"I couldn't... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just couldn't..." Roman shook his head as he just held his love. He knew what he was talking about. After all, Roman wasn't lying about never leaving him. He was there with him... his soul... He saw what Virgil had done. He was there desperately trying to help his love but he couldn't. He couldn't do a thing because he had died. Now... Now everything just tilted around him just over the fact that he could hold him again. He was alive again and he wasn't going to don't look a gift horse in the mouth. 

"It's ok, my love." Roman sighed softly as he just stared down at his love in pure bliss. He could see how much his love was struggling with it all. He could feel the desperation and disbelief through the bond. "I love you, Virgil."

"Never leave me again." Roman chuckled as he caressed his loves cheek ignoring how the blood painted it so thickly. He was definitely going to need a shower before seeing the rest of his family again. Yet... even as covered as he was he didn't want to let Virgil go for even a second. Not when he'd been gone for so long. "Please?" Virgil whimpered completely breaking Roman's heart over how lost his love really was without him. "Don't leave me again."

"Never again, Mate anima mea" *My soulmate.* Roman sighed softly as he held his arm up seeing how absolutely covered in blood he was, and his eyes darkened in pain. All those lives... All those Vampires his love had killed in his grief and pain just to bring him back. He didn't blame Virgil. He knew exactly how broken his love got the second his body had died. If anything he blamed himself. In his need to protect Virgil he once again ended up hurting him. And not just him... but everyone he cared for.  "Come on, Doll." Roman lulled softly seeing the blush paint his husband's cheeks. "Let's get cleaned up, and you to rest." Virgil curled up against his chest, curling up as small as he could get, far too tired to even care about all the blood covering them both now. He wasn't hungry anyway. He was just thoroughly exhausted.

Roman used the secret tunnels to get to his room, not wanting to scare everyone over their current appearance, before pushing the large winter rose painting out that acted as a door. Roman couldn't help but smile as he carefully carried Virgil further in. He was definitely going to have to deep clean everything with all the blood dripping off of him. He carefully brought him into the bathroom, only washing his hands so far so he didn't just get more blood on Virgil as he tried to clean him off. Virgil was already out as he just stayed there on the toilet as Roman helped him out of all his bloody clothes and cleaned up. Roman then helped him to bed, letting out a deep breath, as Virgil rolled over and cuddled into the teddy bear he had laying on Roman's side of the bed.

"I'm so sorry, Amica mea." Roman wanted so desperately to kiss him but he held back knowing he still had to wash up himself. "I'm so so very sorry, I did this to you. I promise you, Virgil. I will never let ANYTHING take me from you ever again."

Roman turned the shower on letting the silence drift out into the sound of the falling water. He forced himself under the burning rain, gasping out as everything finally truthfully hit him. Years... He had been dead for several years. He watched from the other side as his love lost his mind... as his son lost himself in his anger... as his brother broke down completely. He watched as everyone he loved all lost something. Patton closed himself off. The loving and kind, GENTLE man that was his friend Patton didn't hesitate to join in on the massacre that happened to the council's coven.