2

He didn't know how long they had been searching. Days... Months... To be honest the concept of time was pointless when in a hunting party. Some parties even lasted years before anything happened. This one was very quick despite the long and slow going days that kept him up at night. Well no, that wasn't what kept him up all night but that wasn't really important right now. 

Right now Virgil was with the group tracking down a lower-level vampire. The party wasn't huge. Only a few people, but they didn't need many for a lower level. When they found the vampire, Virgil didn't know what he was expecting. A short man with bright blond hair wearing what Virgil could only describe as 'dad' clothes was not one of the ideas he had in mind.

Regardless the group chased after him. Virgil was always faster then the others he never lost sight of the vampire, not even when he tried to lose them in the trees. That was until the fog started rolling in. Virgil's eyes shot wide as he came to an abrupt stop, the other hunters sliding in behind him. The vampire they were chasing hid behind a taller man with red fiery hair and rage in his eyes. The taller just sighed as he glanced back at the smaller one, who nodded with a sad smile.

"Good. You stay back, Pat. I don't want you getting hurt." The smaller vampire only nodded again as he stumbled back to hide behind a tree. It took only seconds. Virgil watched as time seemingly slowed. The fog thickened making it too hard to see even for someone like him, but the sounds of growls and screams weren't muffled in the slightest.

The vampire tore through the hunters, killing every one as his rage burned in him. He was sick of them hunting them. He was sick of them trying to kill his friends. He was just sick of them in general. They were pests that needed to be eradicated. Hunters were the real monsters here. And he was going to kill the a-... 

The second his eyes met with Virgil's he froze. He didn't even notice the knife to his throat. He just stood there stunned and silent as the human before him glared him down. His eyes narrowed as his blood twinged in him. He could feel it. Something in this human called to him but he didn't know what. They were a hunter. He should kill them but... he couldn't move. He was entranced by the violet in the hunter's eyes. He didn't even notice he had grabbed the human's wrist until the hunter reacted by switching hands and nearly stabbing the vampire in his chest. His eyes flashed at the slight bit of pain, the silver knife digging into his skin but... all he could do was smile slightly. 

"You're blood smells... enticing." The vampire lulled with a smirk making Virgil tense subtly in his arms. "I don't know what it is but... you're almost too good to eat."

"Was that your attempt at flirting?" The vampire just shrugged as he continued to stare into those blue and violet eyes, his thumb rubbing against the prominent vein on Virgil's wrist.

"There's just something about you... I can't quite put my fang on it." 

"That's good then... I'd rather you dead instead." Virgil yelled as he twisted himself around dispite the grip on his wrist, in an attempt to stab at the guy's neck. 

"Roman!" The other vampire, Pat, cried out in fear seeing his friend just nearly dodge the blade. Roman huffed slightly as he dodged another attack. It wasn't as if it was really difficult for him. The first one only nearly got him because he was distracted by the feeling he had. He was much... MUCH stronger than that hunter. There was no way Virgil could actually win. 

"You're awfully fast for a human, even if you are a hunter." Roman lulled as he slid gracefully through the leaves and mud dodging Virgil's blade with every swing. "What exactly are you?"

"I'm the thing that's going to kill you." Virgil growled as he launched himself at him only for Roman to knock the blade out of his hand so fast it stuck into the tree as he fell to the ground with a thud. Virgil grunted in pain as he panted staring up at the vampire who was once again looking confused. Roman could feel himself drawn to the man. He could feel his blood in him swinging, his very venom reacting, but he did not understand why. It startled him and greatly confused him. Normally he would have just killed the hunter without a second thought but there was something about this man that made it impossible for him to do so. He could not kill this hunter and he did not know why.

"ROMAN!" Roman jumped back once again just barely dodging the blade Virgil had managed to get back while Roman was dazed. Pat watched with terror in his eyes but he could not help. If he tried he knew he would die. He wasn't strong enough to beat someone like Virgil and he knew it. Roman couldn't help but feel a tad... excited over the fight. Sure he could end the hunter with just a flick of his wrist but he WAS stronger than normal humans were and that intrigued him. He was almost... enjoying the battle.

"I'm almost sad to say..." Roman whispered softly as he finally pinned Virgil to a tree knocking the blade far away again and ending the fight. "We should end this here." Roman's eyes caught with the blood dripping from Virgil's cheek from a cut he got during the fight and his blood burned in him. His eyes constricted at the scent making Virgil shudder in his grasp, noticing the thirst right away.

"Just do it already." Roman frowned as Virgil grabbed his wrist as tight as he could struggling against him all with this look of hate in his eyes. "Kill me like you did the others and be done with it."

"Oh, I'm not going to kill you, Love." Virgil felt a discussed shiver go down his spine at the vampire pet name as Roman lulled his words out with a sickeningly sweet tone. "You smell too good to let rot in the filth."

"I swear I'm going to..." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman growled into him, pressing a soft kiss to his neck. The Vampire was intoxicated by the scent the human was giving off. It was taking everything in him not to tear into him right then and there but...

"R-Roman." Roman paused hearing the fearful shake in the other vampire's voice as he stumbled closer to the pair. "W-We... We have to go. It's not safe. R-Ro..." Roman pulled away for just a bit staring into those eyes again as he tried to decide what to do. Patton was right. They needed to go, but the human in his grasp... He needed to have him. He sunk his fangs into the hunter's neck before he even truly realized he had done so.

"NO!" Virgil screamed kicking and struggling but he could not break from the vampire's grip. He felt his blood burn as more venom entered his body all while Roman fed. He could feel himself getting weaker. His movements turned sluggish but he still tried. When he could no longer kick he went to hit the vampire on the chest only for it to hardly even meet its mark. "N... No... no." 

"Shh... Love." Roman hummed as he watched the human drift off. "Just go to sleep." Roman smiled sadly as he picked the human up in his arms. Patton just stood there in shock over the whole this. "Let's go."

"ROMAN!" Roman paused a look of confusion in his eyes as the other vampire pointed at the human he was carrying. "He can't just take a hunter. It's not safe.. He could..."

"I'm not letting him go."

"Roman, he's a hunter. He tried to kill us. He's not going to just stop. Please forgive my brash words but... You must think about the dangers he poses." Roman growled angrily making Patton bow his head in response. He stepped back clearly showing submission as Roman held Virgil tighter in his arms. 

"I. am not. Letting. him. go." Roman repeated more forcefully, enunciating his words as he bared his fangs. "He's mine as I do with him as I please."

"Understood, Sir. My apologies." Roman sighed as he shook his head and started off into the woods.

"Let's go, Patton. I want to get there before dark... and preferably before he wakes up."

(Just letting you know lolz. Don't read too much into the flirty pet names yet hahaha. Roman just does that. It doesn't actually mean anything right now. So him calling him love isn't actually of anything important. He's just being Roman)