47

"Wait so... I'm a bit lost. What is it you want to do?" Logan called out as Virgil pulled the map over onto the table. 

"I want to set up a salvage party. Nothing too big as to keep under the radar but large enough to grab everything." Logan's eyes narrowed as Virgil pointed to this circle on the map making the other sigh as he decided to hear him out. Virgil has helped with other things. Besides he could see that this wasn't a trap. "Roman and I were at this abandoned base but we couldn't grab anything." Virgil pulled out another paper listing all the things he could remember that he knew they would need. "These a cash of supplies down there that's been literally abandoned and forgetting that could help us."

"Can you provide me with an example?" Virgil nodded as he glanced up with a smile. 

"The black trucks." Logan's eyes narrowed in confusion as Virgil just laughed. "The garage has two large black trucks. All-terrain... large bed for storage and hidden compartments for weapons... strong sturdy damn near armored body... these trucks could help a lot. As long as we grind the serial number and make sure all the systems are taken out to prevent any possible tracking."

"You said there were two of them?" Virgil nodded as he tried to draw a small map from his memory which wasn't all that good considering he was mostly in a panic the whole time they were there. 

"Yep. They even had boxes of supplies. One had weapons... explosives. Another had camping things... trust me, salvaging what we can from this base would be a big step." Logan looked everything over before just nodding and moving closer to see it all better. 

"I agree." Virgil beamed as Logan seemed to relax completely with him... finally, mind you. "Anything information gathered on top of that would also greatly improve our predicament."

"The base was used more for troop placement and room and board, but there has got to be files on party missions laying about if they left things like those black trucks." Logan nodded as Virgil's eyes shimmered in pride. The two of them spent the next several hours just talking everything over and planning it all.

"So we're in agreement?" Logan finally cut in after they had written out the roster for possible participants. "I am to lead this mission?"

"That would probably be best. You are the smarted person I know here." Virgil chuckled as his eyes darted about the place. "If I can give you a rundown on hunter tech but I'm sure you won't have too much trouble."

"As long as I disarm the initial tracking system everything else can be handled once here. We have plenty of Vampires that have been dying to get their hands on some vehicles." Logan smirked as Virgil rolled his eyes. "We're not completely still in the dark ages."

"Considering the little gadgets I see you use every once in a while..." Logan flushed a bit as Virgil just smiled. "I can tell." Logan quickly cleared his throat as he turned back to the pages and sighed.

"So right now, Janus and I would be at the forefront. With Remus out on mission, he needs something to do and he is one of the strongest, being duel species as he is."

"Hybrid wolfie strength." Virgil giggled softly making Logan smile at the joke. "And you'll handle recruitment of everyone else, right?" Logan just nodded as Virgil let out a huff of breath just crashing against the chair. "Good, because I don't know how much else I can help with this. I'd join you but... Roman might freak out over just me thinking about it." 

"You did inform us of structural instability and of key points to focus our attention to." Virgil smiled seeing how Logan was trying to comfort him for once. "I'd imagine that to be a great help as it is."

"I'm glad." There was a knock on the door and Virgil frowned seeing how Logan instantly stiffened again-...

"Come in, your highness." Oh. That would be why. Virgil's eyes narrowed as the door opened to reveal a very confused looking Roman. "Is there anything you need assistance with?"

"No, I was just..." Roman frowned as he noticed all the papers around. "I was wondering what Virgil was doing in here." His hand went to his chest subconsciously making Virgil sigh over how shakey it looked. "What are you two up to?"

"Salvage mission," Logan answered without the slightest hesitation only making Roman shoot him a confused look. "Virgil, here, had a good idea of sending a small party to retrieve anything salvageable from the base you two encountered."

"But the cave in-..." 

"I already told him about that." Roman jumped slightly as Virgil cut him off with a sad look. "I told him everything I could so there was less threat." 

"Oh..." Roman frowned as he shook himself out of his thoughts. "Logan, I expect a full workup before the plan is put into action." 

"As you wish, Sir." Roman just nodded watching as Logan walked off, papers in hand, and he sighed quietly as he glanced over at Virgil. 

"You've been in here for hours, Virgil. Was it really just for that?" Virgil nodded as Roman just smiled sadly.

"If you were worried why did you just check on me?" 

"I did... now." Roman teased as Virgil just shot him this look. "Oh don't give me that look."

"And what look would that be... your highness?" Roman's eyes dazed instantly as his arms fell to his side in shock. "Forget it. Was there a reason you were worried are were just trying to baby me some more."

"I... I wanted to know if you would join me?" Virgil's face fell in shock as Roman looked away. "I have a meeting... as King with some vampires that asked for an audience... I was just wondering if you wanted to accompany me."

"You... You're going as 'The King'. The last thing you need is a child at your side." Roman groaned as Virgil turned back to the table to fix all the papers so it wasn't a mess. Roman didn't mind it though. He knew he deserved it. Virgil had hit his mark with everything and Roman would be lying if he said he wasn't getting to that point himself. The ever-constant pain in his chest was beating at him with every second as if his heart was beating... and beating so hard it was damaging.

"I want you to join me, sweetheart." Virgil flinched subtly over the nickname as Roman tried to hide his pain through his smile. "But only if you want to... I'm not going to push you. You're clearly upset at me for some reason." 

"'for some reason'? Really?" Roman bit back the flinch his body tried to make over the glare as Virgil just crashed as he leaned against the table defeatedly. "Sure. I'll join you." Roman lit up as Virgil smiled softly, refusing to meet his gaze. "Might be nice to see you in action anyway."