46

"I take it your efforts in the kitchen were successful?" Virgil frowned slightly in confusion as Patton just giggled over Logan's wording. They glanced over to see the Psi vampire smiling down at them and Virgil couldn't help but glance around for Roman. He didn't see him. "May I join you two?" 

"Uh..." Virgil's eyes darted over to Patton who was just sitting there on the other couch with a small smile. "Yeah... Sure." Logan nodded as he sat down beside Patton, who instantly rushed to give the other one of the many baked cookies he and Virgil had made. Logan laughed as he took it making Patton literally beam. 

"Thank you," Logan whispered before taking a bite and Virgil smiled softly seeing how the two friends were so close. "This is good. Then again... I'd expect nothing else from Patton." Logan's eyes met with Virgil's who's just shrugged.

"I've never baked before so Patton pretty much did everything." Logan smiled as he took another and just nibbled away as Patton gushed about what he and Virgil had done, making Virgil roll his eyes. Patton was just explaining the cinema cookies when Virgil felt a very tense and shaky arm wrap around him. His eyes went wide as he felt the very shaky kiss to his neck.

"Roman?"

"I'm sorry," Roman whispered making Virgil's concern even worse. "I-I just... th-the cravings." 

"Already?" Roman nodded as he nuzzled further into him flushed and panting subtly. Virgil noticed how the other two had stopped talking with a look of concern. Patton even had tears in his eyes but Virgil didn't know if that was because of the emotions he was reading off of someone or what. "Come here."

"Vir-..."

"Come here, Roman." Roman jerked slightly before just nodding and walking himself around the couch Virgil had been sitting on. Virgil held his arms out letting Roman curl up against his with a small whimper. "It's ok."

"I..." Virgil just gently pressed Roman against him and smiled feeling as the vampire held him close. He didn't even flinch when Roman bit down. Although, the other two vampire's eyes widen in confusion. Virgil only smirked seeing the looks the others gave them.

"What?" Virgil laughed as Roman hummed against him, his grip tight against his hoodie. Patton and Logan just shared this look before Logan finally spoke.

"What exactly is going on?" Virgil's smirk only grew as he felt Roman growl a bit at the question. The young fae just gestured to Roman as he raised an eyebrow at them sassily.

"What does it look like?" Virgil wrapped his arms around Roman as Patton's eyes darkened.

"But I thought you couldn't be feed on." Virgil's smile fell as Patton just watched Roman closely. "I was there when that other vampire tried. I saw the effects."

"I can't be." Virgil sighed as he just leaned against Roman who forced himself to unlatch. "If any vampire besides from Roman bites me that's what happens but... Roman's the exception." Roman whined as he just curled up more against him making Virgil smile sadly. "Did you get enough?"

"Yeah. It was just my cravings anyway." Roman frowned as he tried to hide his face in Virgil's neck. "They've been bad for a while. I'm thinking I might have to step back for a bit. I don't want to hurt you."

"Just as long as you don't go back to starving yourself." Virgil noticed right away how the other two jerked up at that but Roman just chuckled as he shook his head.

"I made you a promise, Virgil. I won't." Roman sighed softly as he just laid there basking in the contact. "You're shaking." Virgil tensed as held his hand up to see it was getting worse again and his eyes darkened. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," Virgil whispered softly only to pause seeing how Roman pulled out of his arms. "Roman?" Roman glanced around the cookies before finding a double chocolate chip and smiling. He grabbed it and handed it over to Virgil who just rolled his eyes playfully. "Really?"

"It'll help with blood loss. Chocolate is supposed to make you feel better... and sugar to help replenish what I took..." Virgil didn't fight him. He just took a bite watching as Roman's eyes lit up in relief. "There you go." Virgil just held his arm out letting Roman lay back down as Virgil forced himself to eat the cookie. It wasn't like it made him sick or anything. It was just that the room was spinning. He sighed as he leaned against the vampire with a small smile and just let his eyes slip. "Virgil?"

"I'm ok, Roman. I'm just a little tired." Roman nodded as he glanced over at the other two who were just watching with a sad look. "If it's ok with you..." Virgil trailed off a bit only making Roman frown. "I'm gonna rest a bit."

"V-Virgil." Roman tensed badly seeing how the fae dozed out and he winced feeling the pain in his chest. "Virgil-..." His face fell to a sad smile as he just crashed. He got himself up and gently laid Virgil down, placing a small pillow under his head before placing the throw blanket over him. He sat himself down beside him again and just smiled seeing that sleepy look on the faes face.

"Roman." Roman's eyes darted over to Patton seeing the tears falling and his chest twisted in guilt.

"I'm sorry." Patton just quickly shook his head as he wiped his tears away a very happy smile on his face. Roman grimaced at the realization that his friend finally figured out just what exactly he was feeling and why. "Patton, don't..."

"You need to tell him, Kiddo." Logan frowned in confusion as Patton tried to egg Roman on with a soft reassuring smile. "Trust me. You need to tell him."

"I can't." Roman cut in with a pointed glare only making Patton frown in confusion. "It's better this way."

"I'm lost," Logan whispered to Patton who just sighed and shook his head. 

"I am too," Patton spoke sadly as he watched Roman smile down at Virgil. The soft and emotion-filled gaze the King had for the youngest spoke absolute volumes. "Roman-..."

"Just drop it, Patton," Roman growled before groaning and pulling himself out of his thoughts. "I have work to do." Roman forced himself up before waving his friends off and walking away. "Please, excuse me while I get back to it."