6

"Virgil?" Roman hesitated at the door a bit as his hand pressed against his chest. He'd been feeling this weight on his chest for a while now and it was steadily getting worse. This sense of fear and sadness pulled at him as if trying to weigh him far under the inky black of this sudden pain he didn't understand. He took a breath as he shifted his stance to appear far more put together than he felt at the moment. "Virgil." He knocked on the door noticing the sudden flux in that fear he felt making him frown in confusion his hand subtly shaking before he forced himself to relax. "I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to dinner."

"No." Roman faltered at the stern tone that forced through the door, not even a second after he had spoken. "Go away."

"Love, you need to eat." A laugh filtered through the cool wood as Roman's eyes flashed feeling that weight only get worse on his chest.

"Technically humans can go up to 2 months without food." Roman tensed up bad at the implication before groaning as he knocked again.

"Please, join me?" Roman's voice came out soft and lulled as he smiled sadly feeling that weight over him like cinder blocks on his chest. "It will only be us in attendance, I can promise."

"No. Go away." Roman flinched as the pain in his chest only for his body to move without any input as he suddenly opened the door. Virgil jumped up in shock, eyes wide and staring at the royal as Roman's heart twinged at the sight of the tears falling from the human's cheeks. "I said go away." Roman smiled sadly as he slowly entered the room and sat down at the foot of the bed giving the other plenty of room to relax. 

"Are you ok?" Virgil growled as he suddenly whipped his arms up to wipe the tears away violently.

"I'm fine." He forced through his teeth making Roman sigh with a slight nod, resigning himself to ignore it for now.

"Will you join me?" Virgil's arm dropped as he stared at the royal completely dumbfounded over his insistence. "It would make me really happy if you did."

"I don't care about how it would make you feel." Roman's eyes feel as Virgil just laughed at him. "Why would I give two shits about the MONSTER that kidnapped me?" Roman withheld the flinch as his hand twitched at the sudden pain. "Just leave me alone."

"I... I can't." Roman smiled through the pain as he tried to give Virgil this reassuring look. "Virgil... I know what it's like to be hungry and not have access to food. I know what it's like not be able to eat or..." Roman's eyes darkened as he looked away. "Or to not feel safe to sleep at night." Virgil faltered a bit as Roman quickly shook off what he said before smiling again as if he hadn't said anything. "I would very much prefer it if you joined me. I would not want you to go hungry if I could provide you food and you didn't eat earlier."

"Why don't you just force me?" Roman's face fell instantly to one of shock as Virgil quirked a brow at him in annoyance. "We both know you can. If you want me to join you so bad just force me."

"I don't want to?" Roman frowned as Virgil just rolled his eyes in response.

"That doesn't sound very reassuring."

"Virgil, despite what I say and how I may at times treat you, I do not see you as 'cattle'." Virgil cringed under the term he used before getting thrown back at him. "Humans are not just feed for us. I for one would never think that of any human. Many vampires, my kind specifically, were humans. You are not an animal to slaughter."

"Doesn't exactly feel like that, now does it?" Virgil bit back angrily making Roman grimace at the pain in his chest.

"Doll..." Virgil quickly looked away as Roman lulled out softly hoping to calm both of them down with his words. "I am supposed to be caring for you. I brought you here. You're health and wellbeing are my responsibility. I..." Roman smiled sadly as he looked towards the door letting the silence wrap around them both. "I will not force you to accompany me but I would rather not leave the room without you either." Virgil groaned as he threw himself back startling the royal a bit who shot him a look of confusion. Virgil just rolled his eyes as he waved him off in annoyance.