80

"Gold." Patton laughed as Virgil sprawled himself over the couch they were at. "There's got to be gold. A lot of it. All the gold." Virgil giggled happily before sitting up and just beaming with joy. "I know Roman says that red is his color but... The way he looks in gold. It just has to be gold."

"Gold, I've got it." Patton chuckled softly as he wrote it down letting Virgil hum and spin himself upside down just far too lost in the excitement to be still. "Anything else."

"Don't know. Don't care. I just want him, Patton. I just need him there." Virgil blushed as he fussed a bit at the thought of it all. "I love him so much."

"I can feel. Just as I could feel how much he loves you." Virgil smiled softly as he relaxed into the couch, sitting upright again, as he stared off. 

" I want something white... Not the suit. Gods no. I don't look good wearing white but... The accents maybe? Something white and gold? Maybe a rose or something to add a bit of red." Virgil sighed as he rest his head against his hand. "To be honest Pat, all I can actually really think of is the service itself. Roman waiting there at the thrones for me as I walk down the red carpet. The staff and vampires all around us as with the fairy and witch lights lighting up the air making all the gold ornate decor. There just has to be gold. Roman shines under it all. Gold... Gold is his color. Not red. Not white. Gold." Patton just sat there in awe as Virgil lulled so softly. "I... I was wondering... Is there any way we could um... Maybe put some gold in my hair?"

"You want to dye your hair?"

"No no... Nothing permanent. I actually like the white. I was just thinking... Some temporary color. Streaks or glitter... or both." Virgil blissed out as he swayed a bit to his thoughts. "I want it to be obvious just who I belong to. That I'm Roman's... and that Roman is mine." Patton nodded with a small smile only making Virgil light up all the more. 

"I'm sure Roman would absolutely love that."

"I'm glad. Though... Speaking of Roman." Virgil's eyes darkened as he felt the numbness through the bond. "I kinda want to go back. I'm worried."

"Is he panicking again?" Virgil shook his head as he leaned against his legs. 

"No. Not panicking. He's just numb."

"Still?" Virgil nodded making Patton's eyes darkened. "Ok... If that's what you want."

"Yeah. I just need to make sure he's ok, Pat. Besides, like I said, I really don't care at all what anything is or looks like as long as it's gold... and he's there waiting for me." Patton smiled as he carefully wrote everything down, while standing up making Virgil giggle. "Be careful, Pat. Don't want you to fall. What are you even writing anyway? I only gave you a color."

"Oh don't you worry about that, Kiddo. Let's just get you to make to your mate." Virgil's eyes shined as he nodded as quickly ran out of the place only making Patton laugh. 

"Roman?" Virgil gently pushed their bedroom door open, having felt where he was through the bond, and spotting him on the bed just staring off at nothing. "Ro..." Roman's eyes darted to his and all Virgil could feel through the bond was love. "Hey, Butterfly? Are you doing ok?"

"I'm fine. Just thinking? Remus and Logan sort of... Opened my eyes about something."

"Nothing bad I hope." Virgil teased only making Roman's eyes darken. "Ro... It's nothing bad is it."

"To me.... To me it is. But I supposed that's the problem, isn't it. It shouldn't be anything bad but I can't stand it." Roman sighed as he shook his head letting Virgil pull him in. "I'm ok, Love. Just have to work through it all."

"If you're sure..."

"I am." Roman smiled softly as he snuggled into his love. "Virgil... I do have a question." 

"Oh?"

"A-And you don't have to worry. It literally means nothing... I-Its just a hypothetical that Remus threw at me the other day so..." Roman stopped cold forcing himself to take a breath not wanting to let Virgil in on the anxiety he was feeling. "Let's say... I wasn't a roman."

"I don't think I understand." Roman sighed as he tried to figure out a way to put it into words without making it obvious.

"What if I wasn't a roman? Meaning... I didn't grow up with all those rules and ideals that I had. What if... What if I... wanted to submit... to you?" Virgil frowned in confusion as Roman glanced up to meet his gaze. "'Remus' wondered what your reaction would be if... if I wasn't a 'top' as he put it."

"I still don't understand." Roman groaned as he shook his head and just laid back down. "No, I... I understand the question. I just don't understand the importance. Sex isn't all there is in a relationship. Even if I wasn't a switch... with I am... I would still love you regardless of whether you were a top or bottom. I don't care." Roman blinked, his mind going blank as Virgil just threaded his fingers through his hair. "Roman you could be Ace... meaning not wanting sex at all and I'd still love you and want to be with you."

"But would it make me weak?" Virgil jumped feeling the sudden spark of panic through the bond. "What would you think of me? If I wasn't... wasn't as dominant as you thought... what would you think of me?"

"I'd think you were strong as fuck dude." Roman shot up in shock just staring at Virgil's eyes feeling the full seriousness the other was giving. "Roman, think about it. Ignoring your history for now... A person has to have full and complete trust in their partner to give themselves over mentally, physically, AND emotionally. To be able to give up control for even a second isn't an easy thing to do and to have faith that they won't be hurt or left behind... The fear one can have over it... That alone would make you so strong. Now adding the history you have... the way you were raised to think... LIVED thinking. For you to able to put that all aside and let yourself go? Roman... That's hardly what I would call weak?" Roman smiled as he slowly laid himself back down against Virgil's chest who watched him with a very concerned expression. "Are... Are you sure this was just a hypothetical? If there's something you need to talk to me about-..."

"Don't worry about it, Love. It's nothing. I told you. Remus just brought it up is all. Don't worry your pretty little head about it, my sweet." Roman purred softly as he just nuzzled closer wrapping himself around his love without the slightest thought. "Everything fine. I'm just... I must be a bit lost in thought over the wedding and everything."

"But you said you weren't really focused on the wedding."

"No, not the wedding but..." Roman giggled as Virgil wrapped his arms around him. "What it means... Everything that happens afterward. My life with you and everything our future holds. That's what I'm excited about. Aren't you?" Virgil chuckled as he just squeezed Roman close listening to the happy giggle the other gave in response.

"You bet your ass I am. My life with you... Being married... It couldn't come soon enough."