Introduction

Hiccup's pov(7 years old)

"Good job son, looks like you're getting better at badminton." Dad said as I served the shuttle back to dad. Mom and Alvin (dad's childhood best friend) were taking a rest under an umbrella while having a sip of mom's homemade lemonade. My family and I were spending a week at Alvin's house during the school holidays and Alvin offered me and my parents to stay at his house instead of wasting our money on a hotel.

"Hiccup, you played hard lad, why don't you take a break." Alvin insisted as I put down the racket. As I was walking towards the table for a short break, the bush beside me rustled vigorously. Curiosity aroused me as I slowly approached the bush though I'm a timid, scared person. As I was about to reach the bush, a beagle puppy suddenly leaped out of the bush and into my arms as it started licking my face. A small tag carved in the shape of a dog bone caught my attention. I looked at the dog tag and it said 'Stormfly'.

"Stormfly, where are you. I don't know what to do without you." I heard someone yell from a distance. I looked around the area and found a girl with shiny blonde hair, sitting under a tree burying her face in between her knees.

'Could that be the owner?' I thought as I slowly went up to the girl sitting under the tree.

Astrid's pov(7 years old)

"Stormfly, where are you, I don't know what to do without you." I said as tears streamed down my face as I buried my face in between my knees.

"Hey, are you ok?" A voice of a 7-year-old caught my attention. I looked up slowly and my eyes met a small boy with auburn hair and a tiny body holding a dog which appears to be Stormfly.

"Oh, Stormfly, your back!" I stood up, wiping my tears as I took Stormfly out of his arms. I turned to the boy and asked, "Hey what's your name?" The boy shyly said, "My... My name is kindoff ridiculous but my name is Hiccup."

"Hiccup? That's a cool name for someone like you. I'm Astrid and I'm going to write your name on my girl Stormfly's collar. See, Stormfly, found by Hiccup." I said.

"Woah, that's so cool, and have I ever told you your name is beau-" He got interrupted by a deep voice calling for Hiccup, it sounded like his dad.

"Just a sec, Astrid, I might not be able to see you tomorrow so is it ok if we take a picture together?" Hiccup asked as he whipped out his camera.

"Oh, yeah sure." I said as I stood closer to Hiccup, putting my hand over Hiccup's shoulder. The camera flash went off as Hiccup thanked me and ran off.

"C'mon Stormfly, I'm never going to lose you ever again." I said as I ran back home.

Hiccup's pov

"Hiccup, where have you been. Your mother was worried sick." Dad said as I explained the situation to him. Dad placed his shoulder on mine and said, "I'm sorry son, but you won't be able to see your friend anymore, we're going back to Berk tomorrow." I was devastated yet happy to go back to Berk, I missed home but was unsure if I would ever see Astrid again. She was a kind, pretty and caring.

As I went to the room where I stayed for the week to pack my things, I found my sketch book with sketches of dragons and anime characters of real people, there was my parents as anime characters, a self-portrait of myself as one as well as some kpop idols. A light bulb lit up in my head, I was going to draw Astrid as an anime character, but I forgotten how she looked like. The only significant feature which was obvious was her blonde hair. So, I decided to keep that idea for future drawing ideas.

9 years later...