Chapter 60: A morning swim on the last day

Day 3 of the trip

Time: 7.30am

Author's pov

Everyone was up early, getting ready to go down for breakfast and after that, a swim for an hour since they have not tried out the pool yet.

Time skip to after breakfast...

Time in Singapore: 8am

Everyone was at the pool and as usual, Tuffnut threw his stuff to his sister and jumped in first.

"Ruff, does Tuff really like the pool until he has to always throw his stuff to you?" Snotlout asked.

"That's his favourite 'P' word after all." Ruffnut replied as she put down her stuff and Tuffnut's stuff before getting into the pool.

"Woah this sure is a view." Hiccup said as he turned around and stared at the view of Marina Bay Sands and other buildings. The rest of the gang placed their stuff in an empty shelter near the pool and swam for a while before heading to SEA aquarium.

"This feels so relaxing, just swimming in the pool." Astrid said.

"I know right, if we were to ever come back to Singapore, we should book our hotel at Marina Bay Sands, I heard the infinity pool on the topmost floor has a view of the whole city." Heather said.

"Hey you girls want a candid picture?" Hiccup asked.

"Sure, wait how are you-" Heather paused until she saw Hiccup's phone in one of those protective cases for underwater use. "Omg, you brought that along." She continued.

"Yeah, of course, why wouldn't I. Anyways, I'll help you take a candid photo." Hiccup said as the girls faced their back towards him as he took the photo.

"CANNONBALL!!!!!!" Tuffnut yelled as he jumped into the pool infront of the girls, making their hairs wet.

"Ugh, Tuffnut." Astrid scoffed. "We were in the middle of taking a picture." She continued.

"Tuffnut, you're so dead." Ruffnut said as she chased after her brother.

"Well, how did the picture turned out before the three of us got wet by Tuffnut." Heather asked Hiccup as Hiccup showed her the picture.

"Hiccup, that looks beautiful, I'm gonna edit that when we get back to Berk or maybe on the way to SEA aquarium." Astrid said. Suddenly, an idea popped up in her head.

Astrid's pov

Suddenly, an idea popped up in my head. I thought that I should make a scrapbook for each of the gang members to keep as a memory until we meet again. Since some of the scrapbooking materials here in Singapore were quite pricy, I decided to go back to Berk to buy most of the supplies and buy the cheap ones in Singapore.

"Astrid, you good?" Heather asked me which snapped me out of my dreaming mind.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied back.

"Does anyone know what time it is." Heather asked. Since Hiccup had his phone with him, he glanced at the time.

"It's past 7am now." Hiccup said.

"Hiccup, you mean 9am, Berk's time is 2 hours behind Singapore's time." I said.

"Right, sorry." Hiccup apologized.

"That's alright, what time does the shuttle bus come and what time is our flight later back to Berk?" I asked.

"Our shuttle arrives at 9.30am to take us to SEA Aquarium and our flight is at 5pm in Singapore time means in Berk time, we should reach back at Berk at 7pm." Snotlout replied.

"Oh, then maybe we should head back to the room to shower." Heather said.

"I'll go up with you." I said.

"Me too." Ruffnut said as the girls took their stuff and went back to the room. Before the girls went for a shower, we went through our clothes one last time to determine our outfit for SEA aquarium trip and the same one for the trip back to Berk and the three of us decided to wear long jeans today.

My final look for this trip was a turtle neck top and jeans. After I took a shower, I put on my outfit and boy, I looked like a soft girl.

"Wow Astrid, you look like a soft girl in that outfit, I like that. Anyways I picked out my outfit already, I'm gonna shower now." Heather commented as she went to the bathroom. When she came out, she was wearing a pink and purple sleeveless top with a white button shirt and ripped jeans.

"You look good Heath, my turn." Ruffnut said as she took her clothes into the bathroom. When she came out, she was a beige long sleeved top with jeans.

"Ruff, where did you get that top from, it's really pretty." I asked.

"This thing, it was my mom's, she gave it to me cause she thinks it would fit me better than her." Ruffnut said.

"I think your mom would look as beautiful as her daughter if she wore that." I commented as Ruffnut blushed, at the same time, the boys came back into the room.

"Astrid, your outfit reminds me of an Instagram post from Vicky." Hiccup commented.

"WHY DID YOU BRING THAT UP?" I yelled. "When did she post it, SHOW ME!" I demanded. Hiccup showed me the picture and he was right, she did have the same top as me.

"Unbelievable." I scoffed as I threw Hiccup's phone onto the bed and stormed into the living room. Once everyone has showered and were ready to go, Hiccup tried to cheer me up since I was still mad at him but that wave of jealousy couldn't go away, Vicky looks even better in a turtle neck than me. On the van, I was just looking out at the view of Singapore, listening to music and ignoring everyone around me, even Hiccup who was sitting beside me.

"Look Astrid, I'm sorry." Hiccup apologized but I wasn't convinced by his apology. As a last result, he grabbed me from the waist and smelled my hair.

"Let me go you maniac." I whined as I took off my air pods.

"Your hair smells like the first day when we hugged." He whispered into my ear as my mood lightened up a little as I enjoyed Hiccup's warm embrace.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.