Chapter 40: Babysitting Astrid's sister

Author's pov

"Guys, what should we do now?" Tuffnut asked.

"My mom said you guys can stay here for dinner, besides, you guys are welcomed here anytime." Hiccup said. While everyone was thinking of what they should do now, Astrid got a text from her parents, saying she had to take care of her sister Caroline while her parents went back to work for a meeting.

"Guys, my sister Caroline is coming here, I have to take care of her while my parents go for some meeting. My parents will come at around 8 plus to pick up my sister since, well I'm staying here a while longer so yea, that's the plan for now." Astrid said. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang.

"Oh, that must be my sister." Astrid said as she went to the front door. When she opened the door and she was right, when she opened the door, her parents were outside with her sister.

"Hiccup!!" Caroline exclaimed as she ran to him and hugged his legs.

"Awwwwwww" Everyone said, seeing how cute Astrid's sister could be.

"Alright Astrid, we'll be back at 8 to pick up your little sister. Now Caroline, be good and listen to all the older brothers and sisters alright." Astrid's mom said as the gang waved goodbye to Astrid's parents.

"Alright Caroline, what do you wanna do now?" Heather asked.

"Hmmmmm, I don't know Heather, I want ice cream." Summer said.

"Okay speaking of ice cream, Hiccup, I have a list of ingredients I need for dinner later, do you mind if you and the gang go out to the supermarket to buy them, and ice cream for Summer of course." Hiccup's mom said after hearing Caroline say that she wanted ice cream.

"Now that's something to do." Tuffnut said.

"What are we waiting for, let's go." Hiccup said and the gang exited Hiccup's house.

At the mall...

"Hey, you guys want Starbucks?" Ruffnut asked after getting Caroline's ice cream and everyone agreed. After everyone got Starbucks, everyone decided to go separate ways.

"Alright guys, I gotta buy some baby clothes and toys for my niece. Wanna meet at the entrance of the mall in 2 hours?" Heather said.

"Don't you think 2 hours is too long, my mom still has to cook dinner you know." Hiccup said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, maybe 45 minutes should be enough, right?" Heather suggested and everyone agreed.

45 minutes later...

"Finally, thanks Hiccup." Hiccup's mom said when the gang entered Hiccup's house.

"Hiccup, let's play hide and seek." Caroline suggested.

"Can we join too Caroline?" Heather asked.

"Us too." The rest of the gang asked.

"Of course!" Caroline exclaimed and everyone started hiding.

"1, 2, 3, 4..." Caroline counted and everyone started hiding. Everyone was in pairs and hiding in different areas of the house. Heather and Fishlegs were hiding behind the sofa, the twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut were hiding in the dance studio while Hiccup and Astrid hid under Hiccup's blankets on his bed, in his room, again.

"20! Ready or not, here I come!" Caroline yelled as she started her hunt to search for the gang. She ran to the living room and found Heather and Fishlegs first.

"Awww, you found us first, your good at this game." Heather said. "I know where Ruffnut and Tuffnut are hiding, follow me." She continued. Along the way to the dance studio (where the twins were hiding).