Chapter 3: Hiccup the gentleman

Hiccup's pov

Halfway through the lesson, almost near the school's dismissal time, thunder rumbled as it started raining cats and dogs.

"Alright class, that's it for today, no homework will be given since it's the first day of school. Enjoy your Wednesday everyone." I then heard Astrid mutter to herself, "Ugh, I forgot my umbrella." She then turned to me and asked, "Hey Hiccup, do you happen to have an umbrella with you?" I took out my umbrella and replied, "Yeah, let's go." As we stepped out of the school compound, I opened my umbrella and innocently pulled Astrid by the waist, preventing her from getting wet.

Astrid's pov

When Hiccup pulled me in by the waist, I was shocked, no boy has ever done such thing or in actual fact, no boy has ever shared his umbrella with me other than my dad. As the journey continued, I realized something was odd, I looked up and saw the umbrella was tilted more towards me, while I noticed half of Hiccup's shoulder was drenched. I didn't say anything until I reached the doorstep of my apartment.

"Thanks Hiccup, but why did you tilt your umbrella more towards me though, making your entire right shoulder drenched?" Hiccup then explained, "Well, I didn't want you to get wet even though you were sheltered. I was sort of protecting you Astrid." He continued. I felt touched about how much a gentleman Hiccup was that I pulled him in for a hug and planted a kiss on his cheek, leaving a mark.

Hiccup's pov

When Astrid entered her apartment, she turned to me and winked at me and said, "See you tomorrow, Haddock." In a flirty tone which made me blush super hard as I stood there shocked. 'What was up with her?' I thought as I walked home in the rain.

When I entered my house, mom was standing near the door, looking worried.

"Hiccup, where have you been? Why is your shoulder wet and what is that light pink mark your right cheek?" She asked in suspicion.

"Mom, what mark are you talking about?" I asked in confusion. Mom then took her mirror out at let me see my own reflection and it was true, there was a pastel pink mark on my right cheek. Dad then came out of the kitchen and saw the red lipstick stain on my cheek.

"Looks like someone has gotten himself a girlfriend already." Dad teased.

"Not true dad." I defended as I went to my room. I sat on my chair and thought about what happened 5 minutes ago.

Astrid's pov

"Who's that young man you kissed just now?" Mom asked when I stepped into the house.

"Mom, it's my old best friend Hiccup. Turns out we're going to be classmates." I replied.

"What kindoff personality does he have, is he someone who broke many girls' hearts? Someone with tattoos? Someone who smokes?" Dad asked in suspicion, he is usually concerned about a guy's attitude and personality.

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down dad, he's super sweet and is a gentleman. I didn't bring my umbrella so he shared his umbrella with me. And the sweetest thing is that he tilted his umbrella towards me so I wouldn't get wet. Besides, I think he has been single his entire life." I replied. Mom and Dad were surprised as they said, "Looks like you found the perfect guy to be your boyfriend."

"Yeah, I wouldn't consider ourselves a couple yet so... yeah." I said as I went up to my room and closed the door.

'Astrid, what the heck did you do? You freaking said "See you tomorrow Haddock" in a flirty tone, are you actually falling for him?' I thought, was I going crazy in love?