Chapter 7: Hiccup's confession

Hiccup's pov

"Astrid, where are you?" My voice echoed through the empty hallways as I searched for Astrid. 'Wait she told me the place she always goes when she's down is the library.' I thought out loud as I went to the library. When I reached the library, it was empty and quiet until I caught sight of a blonde in a ponytail with her head on the table, it was Astrid for sure.

The closer I walked towards Astrid, the more I heard her sobbing.

'Geez, it just breaks my heart when I see her cry.' I thought as I pulled out the chair next to her and sat down, trying to console her.

"A... Astrid? Are you ok?" I asked after a few minutes of silence as I scooted my chair closer to her.

"Leave me alone Hiccup." Astrid replied as I laid my head on the table, watching her. A while later, the librarian noticed that we have been in the library for a long time and school was ending soon.

"Hiccup, is your girlfriend ok? I got a place where she'll cheer up instantly, works for all girlfriends when they are down." The librarian said as she pointed towards a tent with led lights and a starry night sky inside.

"Thanks, but-"

"Carry on you two." She said as she walked off.

"Nevermind, since school is ending soon I might as well go off when the bell rings." I muttered to myself. Just as I was about to grab my backpack and Astrid's one, Astrid slowly looked up, her ocean blue eyes became swollen and red. Still sobbing, she asked, "Hiccup, where are you going?" I took out a packet of tissue and started wiping her tears as I brushed her bangs so I could see those ocean blue eyes of hers.

Astrid's pov

My tears overwhelmed my vision when I saw a familiar figure calling my name as he brushed my bangs and wiped my tears. "Hiccup, it was you all along." I spoke softly as I buried my face into his chest, hearing his heartbeat beat moderately.

"Hey, it's ok." He said as he wrapped his arms around me, I felt safe in Hiccup's arms.

'I can't imagine a world without you Hiccup.' I thought as we continued hugging until the bell rang.

*KRING KRING KRINGGGG*

The bell rang, indicating the end of school.

"Astrid, let's go home." Hiccup said as he unwrapped me from his arms as we got up and left.

At my apartment...

"Don't forget our date later Astrid, I'll come at about 4pm to pick you up, ok?" Hiccup said as he pulled me in for a hug before leaving.

"Alright, bye." I said as I was about to enter my apartment when Hiccup stopped me.

"Wait, Astrid. I have something to confess." Hiccup stopped me. I turned around and asked, "What's up? Just tell me, don't be shy."

"Remember your confession in front of the whole school yesterday?" Hiccup started.

"Yeah, that was embarrassing, I-"

"I just wanted to say that ever since we met, I fell for you." Hiccup confessed. My eyes widened open after hearing his words.

'Was he for real?' I thought.

"It's alright if you don't feel the same for me, probably that time was for another Hiccup in the school." Hiccup said. I went up to him and chuckled.

"Oh Hiccup, I was being for real that time I accidentally confessed. And there isn't any person in the school named Hiccup Haddock except you." I said as I winked at him before entering my apartment, I knew I had to impress Hiccup for our first date later.