Chapter 12: Family dinner

Hiccup's pov

"Hey son, I brought an extra pair of clothes for you to change into." Dad said as I grabbed my clothes and went to change. After I was done, I used some gel I carry in my bag to touchup my hair. As I walked down the stairs, Caroline jumped onto me and exclaimed, "You're so handsome Daddy."

"Daddy?" Mom asked.

"She likes calling him that for some reason." Astrid said as Mom and Dad chuckled. "Alright, we're ready, let's go." She said as we all headed out of the house.

~Time skip~

Astrid's pov

"We're here." Stoick said as we stood outside a Japanese restaraunt. I turned to Hiccup and he looked at me as we said in unison, "I love Japanese food. Wait you do, oh my gosh."

"Wow, looks like picked the perfect place to have dinner." Valka said. As we took our seat, I spent most of the time talking to Hiccup while Hiccup's parents asked me a couple of questions while my parents asked Hiccup asked a lot of questions at the same time, but other than that, I enjoyed the time I had with Hiccup's family, they were all nice people, even though it wasn't a solo date with Hiccup. After an eventful dinner, it's time to go home. I bid goodbye to Hiccup's family as I went up to him and hugged him.

"I'm gonna miss you." I whispered.

"I'm gonna miss you too." Hiccup whispered.

"Ok lovebirds, you'll see each other tomorrow in school." Mom teased after hugging for 5 minutes. I waved goodbye to Hiccup's family as we departed out ways.

Hiccup's pov

It was still early to sleep so I decided to video call Astrid. After a few attempts, Astrid still did not pick up.

'She'sprobably asleep or maybe she switched off her phone.' I thought. Toothless wasalso sleeping, Mom was sleeping while Dad was busy working. So, for the rest ofthe night, I just laid in bed until I felt asleep.