Chapter 65: 9 years later...

Author's pov

9 years later the gang meets up again at Hiccup's house. Hiccup and Astrid had 2 kids named Zephyr and Nuffink Haddock, and were expecting another one in 8 months. Hiccup may not have fulfilled his dream of becoming a pre-school teacher, but instead, he became a doctor in Berk's children hospital. Astrid on the other hand was a veterinarian, helping poor animals get better, and was a dance teacher in the dance school she used to go for dance classes.

Zephyr was the older sibling among Nuffink and herself. Zephyr was in the first grade while her brother was 2 years younger and Zephyr has inherited Hiccup's brown hair and Astrid's ocean blue eyes while Nuffink inherited Astrid's blonde hair and Hiccup's green emerald eyes.

"Hey kids, look who's here." Astrid said as she pointed at Fishlegs and Heather coming into their house.

"It's Uncle Fishlegs and Aunt Heather!" Zephyr squealed as she ran to the fence to greet Heather and Fishlegs.

"Where's my little angel?" Heather asked as she picked Zephyr up.

"Hey Claris." Zephyr said, waving at Heather and Fishlegs's daughter. She was like the girl version of Nuffink, blonde hair and green eyes. Claris may be an only child but treated Zephyr and Nuffink like their younger siblings. She was a year older than Zephyr and treated her like a best friend. Heather fulfilled her dream of becoming an accountant and Fishlegs an aqua biologist.

"Sweetcakes, do you wanna tell Zephyr and Nuffink what you learnt from daddy?" Heather asked Claris.

"Okay mommy, Zephyr, Nuffink, did you know that male seahorses are the ones who give birth and they give birth to hundreds or thousands of babies." Claris explained.

"Woah, that's so cool Claris." Zephyr awed in amazement. "Nuffink, what do you think." She asked her brother.

"Cool." Nuffink simply replied as the three kids played with each other. The adults were sitting under the shade, talking.

"Claris sure knows a lot about marine animals thanks to Fishlegs." Astrid commented. "You guys want anything to drink, coffee, tea?" She continued.

"Astrid we were besties since high school, we were roommates in college and you always buy my drinks, you know what I want." Heather said.

"I'm just kidding, of course I know what you want, how about Fishlegs?" Astrid asked.

"Black tea is fine thanks." Fishlegs replied said as she got up.

"Woah, woah, honey, let me do it, its fine." Hiccup insisted as he got up and made Fishlegs's tea.

"So, I heard you're expecting another one, do you know the gender yet?" Heather asked.

"Not yet, my next ultra-scan is next Thursday and I think we would know the gender then." Astrid said.

"We should definitely throw you a gender reveal party." Heather suggested.

"Yeah, but I'm gonna let Nichole and Ruff plan this one, you already planned the past two for Zephyr and Nuffink." Astrid said.

"Fine, but can I at least be part of it?" Heather begged.

"Of course." Astrid replied.

"Hey do you think the others are coming?" Heather asked, changing the topic.

"Ruffnut and Snotlout are coming soon, whereas Tuffnut and Nichole, not sure." Astrid replied.

"Hey kiddos, guess who's here." Tuffnut said.

"Hey Tuff." Heather said.

"Yayyyy, uncle Tuffnut is here." The kids exclaimed as they went up to Tuffnut and gave him a hug.

"Where's Nichole?" Astrid asked.

"I'm right here and I have good news." Nichole replied.

"What is it?" Heather asked.

"I auditioned for YG entertainment and got accepted. I'm travelling to South Korea to debut as a solo artist." Nichole announced.

"Omg, no way, I'm so proud of you girl." Heather and Astrid squealed as they hugged Nichole.

"That's not the only thing though." Nichole spoke as Heather and Astrid let go of Nichole.

"What else?" Astrid asked.

"I'm also a brand ambassador for Chanel." Nichole announced as the girls squealed and hugged once again.

"You have no idea how proud I am of her." Tuffnut said, placing an arm around Nichole.

"You are going to miss Nichole when she leaves for South Korea, right?" Astrid asked.

"No, I'm moving with her to South Korea." Tuffnut replied.

"Awww, I'm gonna miss you both." Heather frowned.

"Don't worry, I'll definitely put Berk as a place for a world tour when I have one." Nichole said.

"Did anyone commit any crimes today?" Tuffnut turned to the children and asked.

"No uncle Tuffnut." The kids replied. Tuffnut became a police investigation officer of Berk's police team. He solves investigations and tracks down criminals. However, Tuffnut and Nichole do not have kids yet but hope to have one soon.

"Hey gang." Snotlout said with Ruffnut beside him and carrying their 20 month old son Trevor.

"Awwww, Trevor is the cutest." Krystal squealed as she came up to the couple and stared at Trevor for a while.

"Ruff, he's so cute omg." Heather said.

"Yeah I know right, his little cheeks and feet." Ruffnut said, squishing his cheeks. Snotlout was a businessman earning lots of money and was planning to open up his business. Ruffnut on the other hand was a fashion designer, designing clothes for models and earning loads of money too. She is also the brand ambassador of Louis Vuitton.

"Well. everyone is here, let's head inside for some ice cream for the kids, how about that?" Astrid asked as the kids ran into the house, wanting ice cream.

And that is the end of my first book I wrote since last year (2021), currently edited in 2022. Currently, I am working on another modern Hiccstrid fanfiction which is currently in progress but will be posting soon.