Chapter 43: Till we meet again

Astrid's pov

The clock just struck midnight and I was still tossing and turning on Hiccup's bed. I couldn't stop thinking about what I told the gang just now during the truth or dare game. I got out of Hiccup's bed and sat by the gigantic window in his room, looking out at the stars. Toothless was up at that time so he trotted to where I was sitting at.

"Oh Toothless, I really should've told the gang another embarrassing vomit story instead of me breaking up with Mark." I said as I stroked Toothless. Suddenly, my phone next to me vibrated, it was a text message from an unknown person. I picked up my phone and squinted in the dark, trying to see what the message says.

Unknown number: Hi, is this Astrid Hofferson?

Astrid: Yea, that's me, do I know you?

Unknown number: Maybe, I'm outside your house, I wanna talk to you.

Astrid: Umm, actually, I'm having a sleepover at my friend's house, do you wanna meet me at a park instead?

Unknown number: Sure.

'That's weird, someone wants to meet me at midnight, who could it be?' I thought as I changed out of my onesie into something simple and made my way out of Hiccup's room quietly. Toothless was following behind me slowly to the front door.

"Toothless, no, I can't bring you along, just stay here and I'll be back in a few minutes alright." I whispered as I pet the whimpering husky, desperately wanting my attention since I was the only one awake at that time. I took Hiccup's house keys along and left.

Once I was out of the house, I went to the park near Hiccup's house. When I arrived at park, it was dead silent. The only thing lighting up the dim park were the lamp posts. The midnight breeze danced in the air peacefully, rustling the leaves of the trees slowly. I sat down on a bench and waited for this mysterious person to come out.

"Astrid?" I heard someone call my name.

'Oh no, I know who that was.' I thought as I turned around saw a figure. As the figure slowly walked to the light, I knew who he was.

'No, this can't be happening. It's alright Astrid, just act as normal.' I thought as I stood up and walked closer to the figure. When I could finally see his face, I stood dead in my tracks. That tall figure with dark brown hair, muscular, holding a bouquet of flowers, I couldn't believe who that was.

"Mark?" I blurted out. "I-Is that you?" I shuttered.

"Yes Astrid, it's me." Mark replied. My mind exploded as I thought, 'What is he doing here?'

"Oh, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I was here for a little vacation with my family since school's out for me back at Out-Cast High. How have you been?" He asked.

"I'm fine, what's with the bouquet of flowers?" I asked as I sat down on the bench I originally sat at.

"Oh yes. Look, Astrid, I'm really sorry about the past, I shouldn't have asked you for a picture of you in your bathing suit, my mom reprimanded me saying that I was sexually harassing you and the day we broke up, I missed you, when I heard you moved out of Out-Cast Village, my heart shattered, I thought if I would see you again. I couldn't stop thinking about you in general. I promise that it won't happen again, so, I have a question for you." Mark said as he got on one knee and presented the flowers to me.

"Astrid, will you give me a second chance to love you again, to protect you, to help you, and to spend the rest of my life with you." He confessed and I was shocked

'Seriously, a guy who sexually harassed me before our anniversary wants to get back with me, that's not right at all. Besides, I love Hiccup and just him.' I thought.

"Look, Mark, I'm sorry, but I moved on already, I have a boyfriend already. It's getting late, I'm gonna go back to the sleepover with my friends." I said as I stood up and tried to leave but the weirdo grabbed my leg and begged me not to leave.

"Wait, Astrid, please." Mark begged me to take him back. Gee, it reminded me of that time when Hiccup's ex Vicky was pleading him for another chance to get back with him during the trip to Out-Cast village.

'Are they related or something, they are literally doing the same actions.' I thought. Thunder rumbled, and not long after, it started drizzling. I didn't bring an umbrella out so I had to let Mark go.

"Mark, I'm really sorry but I'm taken already. But, all I gotta say is, stay fit, graduate with flying colours and I hope you succeed in life and find a new lover." I said as I took the flowers from his hand and tried to break free.

"No Astrid, you don't understand, you're the only one I want, I don't want anyone else." Mark pleaded me as I saw tears started rolling down his cheeks. The rain got heavier and I had to let go. Doing the same movement as what Hiccup did with his crazy ex, I stepped on Mark's hand before sprinting back to Hiccup's house.

"Astrid!" I could hear Mark's voice echoing in my head as ran in the rain. I always thought he was a sweet guy, but turns out he's a sexist. When I reached the doorstep of Hiccup's house, I looked down at the bouquet Mark gave me and threw the bouquet into the bush beside the house so no one would know I got flowers. I unlocked Hiccup's front door to see Toothless waiting for me at the door.

"Oh Toothless, I shouldn't have gone out." I sniffed as I pet Toothless.

"Astrid?" A voice called out to me and I fell to the ground with a loud thud, traumatized as I started crying out, "Mark, please, I have moved on already, please, stop bothering me." I took out a penknife I carried in my pocket (For safety reasons) and stuck it out, closing my eyes.

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down, it's me, it's Hiccup." Hiccup said as I slowly put down my penknife and opened my eyes. If I weren't careful, I would have stabbed Hiccup to death.

"Astrid, you must be freezing, raining in the middle of the night and you were out there all alone, what happened out there?" He asked as he helped me to the fireplace in the living room. He got some towels and blankets and made himself and I hot chocolate.

"Astrid, what happened out there." Hiccup asked as he took a sip of his hot chocolate as I explained the whole situation.

"Okay so first, I was tossing and turning cause I couldn't sleep at that time so I got out of bed and sat by the window, which I was accompanied by Toothless until I got a text from an unknown person. That unknown person wants to meet me at the park near here, so I went there. Turns out that unknown person was Mark from my previous school. School was out for him back at Out-Cast village so his family took a trip here. He was holding a bouquet of flowers and pleaded me to give him another chance, however, I told him I moved on and didn't want to date him again since harassed me. Then he grabbed onto my leg and begged me not to leave him. I took the flowers and ran in the rain." I explained.

"I just hope that you and him don't fight for me." I said.

"Astrid, you should really just ignore Mark, he's affecting you a lot. Don't let that happen to you alright." Hiccup said as he gave me a kiss on the forehead. I tackled him onto the sofa and whispered into his ear, "I love you." as we fell asleep on the sofa.